CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any teens go in that direction toward a high school (where she was walking?)

Yep, I post a map last night of the nearest HS near her house and school. Straight east...and less than a mile away. I want to say it was Hillside or something like that....but don't hold me to it.

I don't think the paper sack was an evidence bag. They would not leave an evidence bag sitting on a lawn or sidewalk due to chain of custody. I did not get to see the shots from 9 news of the sack, can anyone who did tell me was it a brown bag? large or small? was it the size of a lunch sack? I am wondering why he evaded the brown bag question during the presser. If it was a lunch sack why would he not just have said it appeared to be the childs lunch. Sorry, just cannot let go the bag, that could be a very important piece of evidence especially if not Jessica's....that could have been left by the perp....???? IMHO

I wonder if he dumped it in that ditch behind the houses, near where the recreation trail runs, and somebody's dog or kid dragged it out onto the sidewalk.

I was wondering the same thing, Carbuff. If a kid would find it, they'd probably open it and check it out, and then leave it where ever they got tired of it...... It just seems so *obvious* sitting on a sidewalk. But if the brown sack was right beside it, I wouldn't think that a kid or dog would drag THAT, too. Unless the backpack was lying there open and it fell out? I dont know? That or the thrown from the moving vehicle scenario. Ugh.

When Trevor said "we are still going to be investigating in Jessica's neighborhood" ... it made me think he was speaking to someone. It was not a comment made in answer to a reporter's question. Also he said the distance was not a factor in the investigation. Hoping one of those tips is leading them somewhere.

I can't shake this feeling; young school age, male who drives.

bbm

Boy, that's an awful thought but worth considering. yikes

It seems such a dumb place to leave the backpack...that is what made me think high-school age boys.

I feel that the person with the backpack just wanted it out of their vehicle. They are probably aware of LE blocking neighborhoods off and searching cars and wanted to get rid of it ASAP. jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wondering the same thing, Carbuff. If a kid would find it, they'd probably open it and check it out, and then leave it where ever they got tired of it...... It just seems so *obvious* sitting on a sidewalk. But if the brown sack was right beside it, I wouldn't think that a kid or dog would drag THAT, too. Unless the backpack was lying there open and it fell out? I dont know? That or the thrown from the moving vehicle scenario. Ugh.

Well, the moving vehicle scenario could be good if it was Jessica herself who tossed it.

I don't think the paper sack was an evidence bag. They would not leave an evidence bag sitting on a lawn or sidewalk due to chain of custody. I did not get to see the shots from 9 news of the sack, can anyone who did tell me was it a brown bag? large or small? was it the size of a lunch sack? I am wondering why he evaded the brown bag question during the presser. If it was a lunch sack why would he not just have said it appeared to be the childs lunch. Sorry, just cannot let go the bag, that could be a very important piece of evidence especially if not Jessica's....that could have been left by the perp....???? IMHO

It was definitely bigger looking than a lunch bag. I've been trying to see if there's a screenshot of it anywhere on the web.

I'm late joining this thread, and I'm worried that what I'm going to ask may have already been posted, but I keep wondering who was with Jessica until her mom returned from work at 7:30 a.m.?

I'm late joining this thread, and I'm worried that what I'm going to ask may have already been posted, but I keep wondering who was with Jessica until her mom returned from work at 7:30 a.m.?

Her grandmother.

She lived with mom, grandma and (I believe) an aunt.

Kids in Jessica's neighborhood are in a different school district than kids in the backpack neighborhood.

Around here, sometimes smaller communities band together to manage a regional high school.

A Superior resident sent an listserv e-mail to the town of Superior with the subject line of "backpack found" that said: "Found this morning on the side walk at Andrew Drive and Alpha Court. Water bottle has 'Jessica Ridgeway' name on it. Come and get it." The resident apparently didn't connect the name to the missing girl.

Another person on the same listserv recognized the name and messaged the poster to call 911.

An FBI source told reporter Don Champion that they are trying to narrow down timeline of when backpack was dropped off in the neighborhood. It was apparently sometime overnight last night.

The area where the discovery was made is 6.4 miles from where Jessica Ridgeway disappeared.

"The backpack is directly associated with this case," said FBI spokesman Dave Joly, at an 5:30 p.m. news conference. "We believe the backpack to be Jessica's."
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...eway-still-no-clues-after-3-days-of-searching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz