CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does mom have a boyfriend?

Im sure they have already, but LE should check recent move ins of sex offenders within 5miles of Jessica's neighborhood. Also, has there been any contract work done at their house, ie..plumbing, construction...anything where someone would have the opportunity to meet Jessica and make her feel "familiar" with them so that she may get into a vehicle with them. Just a thought.

It looks as if they haven't even opened the brown paper bag. Why would the guy who turned in the backpack have not also picked up the brown paper bag?

Why would he? I could imagine that I would pick up a kids backpack, but not a paper bag left in front of my house. I'd assume the latter was garbage or, at the very least, a now-spoiled lunch. Especially if I spotted the backpack on the way out of my house, I wouldn't want to lug the paper bag with me... Whereas I'd be willing to lug a kids backpack. Just my 2 cents.

Is anyone but me still wondering why LE is searching by Jessica's house (neighborhood).... With fresh dogs... But no volunteers?

I thought maybe there would be a presser about that, too?

I guess I want too much too soon... :blushing:

I still think they should organize an immediate search of the area west of that subdivsion. That's a very large open area with little ponds of water in a few places. Get some ATVs out there!!!

Re the paper bag-I could be wrong but I believe that was an evidence bag. I saw a tweet earlier that said detectives were leaving the area with a paper bag, big enough to hold a backpack.

Why would he? I could imagine that I would pick up a kids backpack, but not a paper bag left in front of my house. I'd assume the latter was garbage or, at the very least, a now-spoiled lunch. Especially if I spotted the backpack on the way out of my house, I wouldn't want to lug the paper bag with me... Whereas I'd be willing to lug a kids backpack. Just my 2 cents.

Did the person who found it, move it? I was under the impression it was first seen where it is now.

Sometimes I don't understand cop speak. Why would the distance between her home and where the backpack was found not be of concern?

Maybe because they don't think Jessica walked there, so the distance wouldn't matter. My guess is her backpack was placed there to lead LE away from the real scene of the crime, her own neighborhood.

Someone abducted her between her home and the local park. MOO - someone who doesn't think about home security cameras? Someone who wasn't at work or school on Friday morning and who had the opportunity to drop off the backpack 6 miles away at a later time. Someone who wouldn't stand out in both neighborhoods.

imo

Does mom have a boyfriend?

Im sure they have already, but LE should check recent move ins of sex offenders within 5miles of Jessica's neighborhood. Also, has there been any contract work done at their house, ie..plumbing, construction...anything where someone would have the opportunity to meet Jessica and make her feel "familiar" with them so that she may get into a vehicle with them. Just a thought.

I agree. They need to check on ANY men that have been in their house, either personally or professionally.

Is anyone but me still wondering why LE is searching by Jessica's house (neighborhood).... With fresh dogs... But no volunteers?

Westminster PD said somewhere (9News maybe? or Denver Post, one of them) that usually they don't like to use untrained citizen volunteers as a general rule, but did because in this case the number of volunteers available meant they could do a lot more than they could otherwise. That's probably part of it.

I still think they should organize an immediate search of the area west of that subdivsion. That's a very large open area with little ponds of water in a few places. Get some ATVs out there!!!

There was a helicopter going over that area -- you could see it in the background on some of the live shots from Channel 9.

Glad they cleared up the 911 thing! Accurate reporting is becoming a lost art, but I'm glad they're covering it so much!

Seems weird for the backpack to end up there. So, she may have been abducted on a residential street when other kids would've been heading to school, within three blocks of her home. Then the perp either drives her and her things into another residential neighborhood that neighbors describe as usually having lots of kids around, and drops her backpack there, risking being seen in a populated area. Or drives off with Jessica and returns to an area near but not too near where she was taken, again populated and drops off the backpack? Did he/she, they slow, open the car door, and set it down or toss it out? Were many people outside this weekend, given it was our first chillier one this season?

If the bag was found on the sidewalk, I wonder if it was thrown from a moving vehicle...maybe at night, and while everyone else was searching Jessica's neighborhood? JMO, but I think the perp is more local, and that dumping site was chosen because of all the intense searching that was going on in his residential area. Unless he is stupid enough to drop the backpack in his OWN neighborhood, but that seems highly unlikely.

I found three sex offenders right in the general area of Jessicas house and right where she would walked to meet friends for the walk to school on watchdog, they have a tendency to be not up to date so Im going over to the colorado site Ill be back got to make a run...

There are also three within the area of where her backpack was found as well.

9News running a Jessica recap. So glad they're covering her so much! Still very active investigation. More after the break...

The perp seems to be sending a message of some kind. Deliberately leaving the back pack in a densely populated, high risk of discovery area was done for a reason. There are plenty secluded places to leave it, not to mention a dumpster or garbage can.

JMO, but he seems to be enjoying making safe neighborhoods pay some sort of price for being wholesome places to live. Sort of "in your face" if you will.

Did the person who found it, move it? I was under the impression it was first seen where it is now.

Yes, I believe he took it inside and dug through it. The water bottle was inside the backpack. Twenty minutes worth....and then sent the email...then later called 911 when he found out Jessica was a missing child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz