CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
original news helicopter video is/ was on YouTube. there is a video that warns of 18+ viewers only

Unless I am doing something wrong that is a ruse. It is just a picture of JR with some weird music playing.

kmn;8463437]For those asking about the body, you need to log in to see this, but her torso is visible below the stretcher at about 1:19. Rest in peace Jessica. We need to get this person!

(I deleted video for space :))

Welcome to websleuths kmn! So glad you joined us! :balloons:

Sorry if this was already posted...

JEFFERSON COUNTY, Colo. - The Jefferson County coroner's office has finished its autopsy on 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway, who was abducted blocks from her home and found dead last week.

However, the report on her cause of death may take weeks.

That's because coroner John Graham told 7NEWS he is waiting for blood work and chemical tests results.

The girl's remains were found last Wednesday at an Arvada open space park. Police said the body was not "intact." Sources told 7NEWS her body had been dismembered and pieces of her body are still missing.

AirTracker 7 flew over the area shortly after the body was discovered. AirTracker video showed that the remains were found near a culvert, and had been placed on a black plastic bag when investigators were looking at it. It's not clear if the body had been in the bag.

The remains were found by maintenance workers who were doing routine cleanup of the culvert.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...lood-and-chemical-test-results-may-take-weeks

If you believe the media then you have confirmation.

LE however, has never said this and further asked people to only listen to what they are releasing. I posted upstream a link with all of their statements.

I rarely believe the media outright but in this case, the difficulty in identification has led me to believe they are right.

:cow:

OK, I'm wrong. I did a google search and found mention by another poster on thread #1 who stated pillowcase also, but wanted to find the original source. On the family presser she clearly states bed sheets taken off by her mother and given to LE. New sheets placed on the bed. Now it's really bothering me where I another poster got the pillowsheet thought from!! I'll go back and delete my post. Sorry peeps. Off to the corner.............

Don't go to the corner. It's no problem, I was just trying to get the issues straight in my own head.

JMO, IMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers.

do you think she was going to play hookey that day and stay over at someone's house? otherwise, why would she go that direction in the AM?

I just think we don't know where she was exactly when she was abducted or how far from home, but the info on the police scanner makes me think there's a good chance it was not neccesarily in that 3 blocks to the park from her house.

absenta, IF she had the pillow pet and items mentioned with her that morning, plus walking in the opposite direction, seems she was planning on spending the night with someone...imo

Okay, this is interesting but probably doesn't mean much. The area of Westminster/Superior seems to be part of something called "Interlocken/Westmoor Call and Ride." You call and schedule a pickup or dropoff. Which means a person could arrive or leave by public transit, though not with a body.

The nearest actual bus stop appears to be on the south side of Standley Lake, or along 121. There's also a park and ride at the junction of 93 and 72; the bus that stops there seems to run from Boulder to Golden.

There are usually a bunch that are on the route that are not listed on the map. The ones listed on the map are the stops that are made no matter what. Ones not listed are not stopped at unless somebody is standing at it or requests a stop. Most RTD stops are in 3-4 city blocks of one another (that's just a guess).

Tried to see if it could be quickly edited to see any clearer...result not really..
PicsArt_1350427632845.jpg

thanks for posting the link!
yah, I never saw any of that abt the mom locating the pillow pet in the house. I guess it was someone's theory.

I thought the SGT was at the house too, until I learned that the CC was at West View Rec Ctr. wouldn't he be there?

In the scanner rewind (Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community) they ask about whether she owns such a pet, confirmed and asked when last seen, said 8:30 from the rec center walking south, which I took to mean that a witness remembered seeing her walking south with the pillow pet, and the witness viewed this from the rec center.

Then when they say the pillow pet is "on scene" and she would have had to come "back here", I figured that meant at home, since that was the only place she could have come "back" to. (Also because the direction of the question about whether she had such a pillow pet, followed by the answer that it was "on scene" implied to me that they were at the house.)

I also recall reading somewhere a more detailed account of this incident, in which the mother goes and fetches the pillow pet in the house, but that may have been someone giving their explanation of what they thought happened, rather than any actual knowledge.

That is beyond scary, but check out the distance to Jessica's house to Memorial Park. There are people on here much better at plotting maps that I am so you can tell me what you think. If it's him, he seems to be working in a radius.

Not really, it is pretty close

The fact of the matter is that when the remains were found, police probably knew right away that it was Jessica. This information was not released to the public until about a day and a half later. We cannot assume that because there was a delay in releasing the information to the public that police did not know what they were dealing with.

The investigators would have assumed it was Jessica's body, just like most of us did. But they needed confirmation before releasing that information to the public.

The body was taken away late on Wednesday evening. The lab probably got a sample for testing early the next morning. Processing DNA and doing a CODIS profile doesn't happen instantly like we see on TV crime dramas, it takes about a day. On friday morning the experts would have confirmed the match and the family would have been notified. Releasing it to the public on friday afternoon was right on schedule.

For those of us who didn't see that, could you put a graphic warning and explain in the least offensive way possible what you saw? (torso and leg, etc) just so we can understand?

No, sorry.
I'm not willing to expound as, 1. I'll get in trouble and, 2. pixelation has messed me up before so I wouldn't want to take the chance that it's happened again.

Anybody remember all the kitties that lived in the trees where little Caylee was found? But the major go around was the 'skull' that so many of us swore we could see up against a tree trunk. Oh boy!

do you think she was going to play hookey that day and stay over at someone's house? otherwise, why would she go that direction in the AM?

I just think we don't know where she was exactly when she was abducted or how far from home, but the info on the police scanner makes me think there's a good chance it was not neccesarily in that 3 blocks to the park from her house.

Could we consider the fact that maybe she was forced to go that way. Maybe the perp was on foot up to a point and made her walk to his car. That sounds feasible to me. jmo

Speaking of Memorial Park, what happened to the police sketch of the perp?

Never mind, I was thinking of the wrong perp. I don't think they have a sketch for this one yet.

Thanks, and this is OFF TOPIC
the truth is (regarding my cousins) they were the driver and passenger in a stolen vehicle and DUI. As untimely and sad as the deaths were for their parents and family, they were unfortunately substance abusers and lived a criminal lifestyle. I am so so so thankful no one else was injured in their fatal accident, because that would have made the tragedy 10x worse.

O/T...It doesn't make your loss any less painful. My first BIL that died was an ex-con and a drug abuser. However, the finality of the whole thing was all the more painful, knowing that he WAS trying to turn his life around when he made some very deadly decisions. (((Hugs)))

JMO, IMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers.

I just hope that whatever was done with this precious angel was done after she was already gone. I can't even imagine. I can barely read this stuff, I cannot even, in my wildest dreams, know what these parents are going through.

If it's the suspect from Jessica's case, he sure likes stalking kids at parks and today was Jessica's day to be remembered. I wouldn't be surprised. He's missing the attention, if it's him.

This happened yesterday, I swear somebody posted about it on the Arvada PD page and somebody linked it here yesterday?

Oh, that's a good thought. They'd had some rain/snow -- I wonder if there was enough runoff to have created a backup the day before and somebody reported it?

No way, we didn't get that much snow (sorry this has probably been addressed, just catching up!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654