CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't Ketner one of the first places they were searching after she went missing, even before the backpack was found?

eta: Does anybody have the address of the community center that has been mentioned a time or two? I think the search was headquartered there for a while.

BBM: OhMyGoodness... was it really!?! I totally missed that. Ty.

We do not know that they got DNA from the cross...it could've been retrieved off the backpack or anywhere else from the scenes, even the fence.

:cow:

You are correct. The investigators have hinted that they have DNA from the killer. We don't know if the cross or the backpack had DNA that might be from the killer.

The fence over the culvert appeared to be intact when I visited the site. If they found evidence on that fence, wouldn't they have taken the wire as evidence?

I think it may be an acronym for "F#@! Funk Master Flex" rap

FFMF has 14 different acronyms. All which mean nothing to this case I am sure. Its probably just a local tag if anything.

14 FFMF Acronym Definitions

Fédération Française de Modélisme Ferroviaire
Fermented Fluid Mechanics Forum
Free Flight Model Flying
Fat Free Milk Films
Fédération Française des Métiers de la Fourrure
Food for Maine's Future
Flush Face Mounting Frame
Flowers Facebook Monique Flowers
Flower Fairy Musical Figurine
Fabulous Flashing Menu Feature
Fédération Française des Métiers de le Fourrure
Farmers Fresh Market Farmers
Fall Family Math Festival
Fujido Fantastic Music Festival

My my, I now see the zig zag. :waitasec: Thanks for posting the back of the cross at this angle. Sometimes I wonder why I can't see what others are seeing - it drives me nuts. The sideways V has a tail!

zig zags are full of two sided angles that, if they had a third side, would make triangles.

FFMF has 14 different acronyms. All which mean nothing to this case I am sure. Its probably just a local tag if anything.

14 FFMF Acronym Definitions

Fédération Française de Modélisme Ferroviaire
Fermented Fluid Mechanics Forum
Free Flight Model Flying
Fat Free Milk Films
Fédération Française des Métiers de la Fourrure
Food for Maine's Future
Flush Face Mounting Frame
Flowers Facebook Monique Flowers
Flower Fairy Musical Figurine
Fabulous Flashing Menu Feature
Fédération Française des Métiers de le Fourrure
Farmers Fresh Market Farmers
Fall Family Math Festival
Fujido Fantastic Music Festival

Also in physics, Force-Free Magnetic Field

Good point, though that wasn't what I was thinking. They certainly haven't given us any hints.

Do you know the name or address of that community center that was mentioned early on?

there are 2 nearby. West View Rec Ctr is where the CC was, north of her house. but the sighting of her was from someone at Countryside Rec Ctr which is SW from her house.
just google them in Westminster.

I didn't see it. Did they call the perp a "potential rapist?" How could anyone know what he would have done had she not gotten free?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

well, they probably figured he was going to rape her. Why else would he be trying to grab her? No one would assume he would be a killer looking for victims at the time of the attempt.

zig zags are full of two sided angles that, if they had a third side, would make triangles.

If you look at the closeups of the pics of the cross you will see all kinds of chips and marks in it. It does look homemade, if you look at the corners you can almost see where it is not finished off and with all those chips and marks on it, maybe you are looking at someone who has children of their own, kids love to grab and scratch and even chew on jewelry when they are young.
Here are some good closeups.

http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/j...may-be-clue-colo-girl-s-murder#slide=54318616

I've been away for a bit, so just trying to catch up. I saw the cross on our local news last night. First, I thought it looked like the kind of jewelry that is sold at Renaissance Festivals, for some reason - wooden and missing a black leather cord? But, the placement of the hole on the sides of the cross started making me think it looked more like something which might come off a rosary, like this one:

http://www.jayswaminarayan101.net/product/wooden-rosary-necklace-prayer-beads-cross-rosaries-24-long

2093239_290.jpg

It's not quite right, but the placement of the hole just seems like it's attached to something else, like a rosary. Just a thought.

When I first saw the cross, I immediately thought it had come off of a Rosary.

there are 2 nearby. West View Rec Ctr is where the CC was, north of her house. but the sighting of her was from someone at Countryside Rec Ctr which is SW from her house.
just google them in Westminster.

Thanks. Google came up with two near her house so I wasn't sure which one it was -- but I guess if it was both of them, that makes sense.

Good point, though that wasn't what I was thinking. They certainly haven't given us any hints.

Do you know the name or address of that community center that was mentioned early on?

Countryside Recreation center was the one mentioned in the scanner thread.

http://www.ci.westminster.co.us/ExploreWestminster/OpenSpace/OpenSpaceAreas/CountrysideCreek.aspx

Link to scanner thread:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8435263&postcount=2171"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Wasn't Ketner one of the first places they were searching after she went missing, even before the backpack was found?

eta: Does anybody have the address of the community center that has been mentioned a time or two? I think the search was headquartered there for a while.

Article from Oct 6 mentioning a dive team at Ketner Lake and searchers combing the area.

http://www.broomfieldenterprise.com...ght-search-fails-find-10-year-old-westminster

And the rec center mentioned Oct 5

More than 200 people gathered at the Westview recreation center at 108th Ave. and Oak St. to help look for Jessica. They left in small groups and on buses to conduct their searches.

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/05/westminster-police-search-for-missing-10-year-old-girl/

Check out the comments made by a male user with the initials "RF" on Westminster PD's Facebook page. There's a lot of them, so you kind of have to wade through. But, I find them VERY interesting....

http://www.facebook.com/westminsterpolice?fref=ts

hmm i don't see anything suspicious. Just a male that is offering a donation to the reward fund for Jessica. Lots of people are doing that. Don't see why it's odd.

OK I found a cache copy of the graffiti post from the abandoned building from across the site Jessica's body was located. The graffiti says: FFMF in large letters and underneath it looks like "bled your love" in red paint. Both pieces of writing look like they originate from different people and come from different times. I googled FFMF and it got me nowhere really. "Bled your love" got me to lyrics by a christian band called Leeland and a song called "I Wonder". The lyrics are about Jesus and how he bled his love. In the photo that was posted here, the abandoned building with that graffiti has an old window opening and the abandoned mine structure where Jessica was found is in full view.

I'm not sure if I can post that photo that someone else removed. If I can, I will.

FFMF in graffiti, gangs do all that with gang signature sometimes.Did it look older or newer?

Sorry if this has been discussed.

Per that Rewind in the scanner thread. It says she stopped and talking to a teachers aide. Did anyone ever confirm this or has then been dismissed?

If you look at the closeups of the pics of the cross you will see all kinds of chips and marks in it. It does look homemade, if you look at the corners you can almost see where it is not finished off and with all those chips and marks on it, maybe you are looking at someone who has children of their own, kids love to grab and scratch and even chew on jewelry when they are young.

http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/j...may-be-clue-colo-girl-s-murder#slide=54318616

yah, we were discussing those other gauges last night. The large 3 etchings and the zig zag look clear and intentional to me. the gauges I'm not sure. I can see those small gauges representing victims.

Yes, mentioned on the last thread. It could also possibly be a representation of Christ crucified between the two thieves - Dismas and Gestas (their traditional names).

I'm very impressed that you know their names! What a great question for the game Jeopardy.
The more I think about it, the three vertical bars on the cross probably stand for the Jesus and the two thieves - one who asked and one who did not ask for forgiveness. That makes the most sense as that's a large part of the history of what Jesus demonstrated while on the cross - to show people they have a choice (even though the government had ruled against Jesus). Therefore those marks would always be a reminder that the choice is up to you as in having free will. Makes sense that the cross could be a token made for men who are in prison who are being served by prison ministry folks.

If this is the perps personal cross, he clearly has decided to quit his faith (if he ever had it to begin with).
Maybe he played the role of a Christian convert in prison. After he got out, he returned to his criminal ways.

Looking at photo #4 in your link, I've really become convinced that the three vertical marks are raised, not etched in to the wood. If you compare the shadows around them and the general way they look to the smaller lines near them (which appear to be indented), you can really see that the three large lines are raised and bumpy.

I don't think they're hatch-marks for victims or etched into the wood at all. Perhaps they have something to do with the 3-dimensional grain of wood used? Perhaps they were added in some other medium?

The zig-zag, however, looks etched to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drella444