CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think, if I may, Etilema may have meant courage when she used the word nerve. My ex is British, and he used nerve when I would have said courage. I don't think she was implying nerve as in the way it sounded.

LOL, we both posted at the same time :).

Better read this article, folks.

ok, what does this mean?
"Westminster Police Department spokesman Trevor Materasso said the investigative team was concerned that further details about the nature of the connection between the Ridgeway case and the May 2012 attack has the potential to influence the perpetrator's future actions."

the connection is DNA, right? so what about the nature of the DNA would influence future actions?

ok, what does this mean?
"Westminster Police Department spokesman Trevor Materasso said the investigative team was concerned that further details about the nature of the connection between the Ridgeway case and the May 2012 attack has the potential to influence the perpetrator's future actions."

the connection is DNA, right? so what about the nature of the DNA would influence future actions?

Cause him to get desperate, act rashly, take another victim maybe...

ok, what does this mean?

This is my interpretation so IMO MOO, etc etc.

They don't want the killer to know HOW he is leaving DNA so that he can't cover his tracks in the future. The forensic techniques may be sophisticated enough that they are virtually unknown by most laypeople.

Hi there, long time lurker 1st time poster. The car in the attempted abduction video looks like an early to mid 90s oldsmobile cutlass... Note the body style, rear windows, brake light shape.

It also appears to me that the man who tried to abduct her, is wearing Dickies shorts (black) with long socks, which is the style of mexican gangbangers.

If I am correct in what I saw, that narrows it down to the type of hispanic male they are looking for.

the "German" type?

The driver, described as a white, possibly Hispanic, clean-cut male, 22 to 30 years of age, asked the woman for directions. The woman started to give them to him when the passenger of the vehicle got out, approached the woman from behind and attempted to put a towel over her mouth. The victim quickly fought back, knocking the man to the ground. She was able to run inside the bar for help.

The second man is described as white, possibly Hispanic, 5 feet 6 to 5 feet 9 inches tall, 22 to 30 years of age, clean shaven, with short hair.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...kidnapping-outside-bar-investigated-in-aurora

There's a military base near by. Sounds like a clear cut guy. I'll have to check out commute time between the base and Ketner Park.

For some reason I'm picturing this wuss getting run over by someone's wheelchair a couple of times before running away.

:giggle: I know this is serious but...

Still smiling from seeing that girl crack him in the jaw. :D

In defense of the OP, I think by "nerve" she meant guts or courage, not "the right".

I kept thinking...why is everyone so offended by her post :waitasec:?

Oh god. This finally makes sense now. I don't think I even registered the word "nerve" because yes, I interpreted as courage. Not "how dare they".

ok, what does this mean?

They figure he may start wearing latex gloves? Perhaps hair evidence/ alter his appearance/shaving?

There's a military base near by. Sounds like a clear cut guy. I'll have to check out commute time between the base and Ketner Park.

That's an interesting thought. It could be that he was in Iraq or Afghanistan and that's where he got his practice. They keep saying they don't think this was his first time, but there aren't many unsolved cases that seem to fit him other than the attempted abductions.

I almost wish three or four undercover WPD woman officers would stroll around that park in exercise clothes.... of course with hidden cameras and tazers.
;)

This just happened in Toronto.

Very brave, young, female LE did a sting to take down a sexual predator of more than a dozen women. He is 15, btw.

Female officers 'put themselves in harm's way'

Police Chief Bill Blair said the arrest could not have happened without the dedication of young female police officers who went undercover.

"We had women in our organization who put themselves in harm's way, who went out in that community and put themselves at risk, knowing that if they were successful in their mission, they could also be the victim of an assault," said Blair.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2012/10/22/toronto-bloor-christie-sex-assaults.html

I think, if I may, Etilema may have meant courage when she used the word nerve. My ex is British, and he used nerve when I would have said courage. I don't think she was implying nerve as in the way it sounded.

Indeed that is exactly what I meant. I would be too afraid to do it, myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Maybe the other perps feel that since 200+ LE, dozens of agencies are working on Jessica's case, their crimes will be paid less attention to. Like they think once LE determines their assault/attempt was not connected to Jessica's case, they will "move on" and it won't be a priority.

Jessica's bookbag being left in the open to be found, reminds me of Lyric and Elizabeth's case. FWIW

let me say, how do rapists and killers have the nerve? how do women have the nerve to go jogging???? I'm sorry, what reality are you living in?

I meant that it is dangerous and I would be afraid to do it. And, as the other poster said, I meant "courage" by "nerve", and I certainly wouldn't attribute courage to the attackers.

Sorry I wasn't clearer.

ETA: So, I am living in a reality where apparently women are not safe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members