CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe but WM PD isn't doing anything to correct any factual assumptions. Since the FOX story ran, you have most of the media picking up on all its points about the garbage bag, DNA link between attacks, etc. there is a reason why LE does not want to come right out and say these are not true; either bc they are true or LE wants all these rumors flying around. They could shut down these stories now if they wanted to.

How? By telling exactly which things are inacurate and how they are? Thus giving our perp a more true and exact idea of what evidence they do have?

I think le is very smart. Letting the press run with the rumors and unnamed sources and yet poo pooing those reports as "inacurate"

Eta please pardon any typos, i hate typing on this tablet.

Throw this newbie a bone. :)

What in the world is "downstairs"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Down in the private section of the forum, at the bottom, under "Parking Lot" there is a thread for those who dislike NG, lol.

After hearing about all these other crimes, I have to say that I think this perp is extremely unorganized. He cannot tell if he is a rapist, a pedophile, or a murderer. He cannot seem to choose just one type of victim and I am sure that we will find out that he lives in the area with family. I also believe he has ASocial behavior as opposed to antisocial behavior. I dont think this person knows how to be around people, he tries to fit in but he just does not.

I say he is between the ages of 28-40.

I also wonder if he will stop before he gets caught.

I'm going to throw out a far out idea, could this be some type of new gang initiation required to join a gang? That is the only thing I can think of where the sex or age would not matter if all these are connected.(well other than a serial killer, but we just saw two people involved in the attempted abduction of the girl with the white car)

It still looks to me like the back door of that white car opened momentarily on that video. It's easy to miss because you're watching the perp and the victim but something happens in the area of the car back door. What caught my eye is I thought the inside car lights came on but it appears to be a door opening.

As another poster said the other day, I wouldn't trust any announcements regarding this case that aren't preceded by: "Westminster police say.........", or "FBI admits........"

Can you "Thanks" more than once ?? ...but thanks....

Nancy is also saying Denver post says remains were ON the bag.

There are 4 potential victims: JR (actual victim), 2 joggers plus little boy.

Whoever this guy is, if these are all linked, this would be the most bizarre case, since I never heard of a killer that wants adult woman, little girls and little boys. This is a person who seems more interested in the kill rather than sexual aspects perhaps.

The BTK killer had no preference....and it was the kill itself where he got his jollies. Whole families were attacked and he was so proud because he was able to do it by himself. Sick, sick, sick.

Down in the private section of the forum, at the bottom, under "Parking Lot" there is a thread for those who dislike NG, lol.

If you are looking for a "Dislike Shefner" thread...there isn't one....
yet.:bud:

OT, but take a break from NG and watch DWTS. Emmett Smith is great. jmo

I'll be honest....I couldn't tell you if Jessica left home to go to the park, or left home to meet friends, or went straight to school, or went to a friend's house. The only thing I know is that she didn't get there safely.....:(

This article implies that police think the cross was left behind as a taunt and that the markings on it might indicate how many days he kept her or the number of victims. The writer of the article thinks it could have something to do w the occult

www.examiner.com/article/jessica-ridgeway-killer-communicates-with-police

I am running three hours behind and have been reading since first post and even the whole cross debate (meaning and wood). I don't remember anyone mentioning this and if they did, please don't beat me up.
But could the three lines have anything to do with the denial of Peter?

I'm going to throw out a far out idea, could this be some type of new gang initiation required to join a gang? That is the only thing I can think of where the sex or age would not matter if all these are connected.(well other than a serial killer, but we just saw two people involved in the attempted abduction of the girl with the white car)

It still looks to me like the back door of that white car opened momentarily on that video. It's easy to miss because you're watching the perp and the victim but something happens in the area of the car back door. What caught my eye is I thought the inside car lights came on but it appears to be a door opening.

My son actually said that but I dont know if that area is a high gang area and usually they hit once and thats it. Its not a crime after crime after crime thing if its a gang initiation. So I dont think it is. Disorganized offenders are usually the ones that just take a victim, they are confused, dont know what they are, are they gay ( no one take offense in that please), are they pedophiles, do they need to prove themselves if they are man enough type individuals. This type of offender is usually all over the place. But he has family out there, and he probably lives with them.

It still looks to me like the back door of that white car opened momentarily on that video. It's easy to miss because you're watching the perp and the victim but something happens in the area of the car back door. What caught my eye is I thought the inside car lights came on but it appears to be a door opening.[/QU

Interesting....'out there', as you suggest, but....yeah...interesting thought....

Reader just posted this article over in the Spotlight on children forum.. thought it may interest some on this thread :)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...iller-abduction/1643019/?morestories=obinsite

Interesting, peeples..thanx for sharing..

In July, Cooper — flanked by the task force — announced new DNA findings that link a long overlooked hair found on victim Timothy King, 11, with a hair found on victim Mark Stebbins, 12. It was the first connection between the deaths of the two boys.

No such links have been found to victims Jill Robinson, 12, or Kristine Mihelich, 10.

A leading national expert on pedophiles who murder also questioned the connection of the four cases, saying it wouldn't be typical for a killer to target both boys and girls at that age.

Kenneth Lanning, a retired special agent with the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit, has profiled thousands of pedophiles during his 30-year career. He said pedophiles who harm small children often don't have a gender preference, but once children reach puberty, pedophiles typically target one gender.

Neither of the girls showed signs of sexual abuse, unlike the boys.

"These kids are right on the cusp of puberty, so it could call into question whether (the cases) are all related," Lanning said. "You don't want to rule out that someone was motivated by news of one or more of the killings to commit their own."

For those skeptical/confused about the possibility of varied victim demographics (i.e. Jessica, 2 adult joggers, possibly an 8-year old boy, etc.), read up on the various types of SK's and their motives. I have always felt that Jessica's killer was a power/control motivated SK, very much like BTK. The cross makes me think he might also be a so-called "visionary". Motives are usually overlapping.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_killer"]Serial killer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

The motives of serial killers are generally placed into four categories: visionary, mission-oriented, hedonistic and power or control; however, the motives of any given killer may display considerable overlap among these categories.[70][71]

Visionary

Visionary serial killers suffer from psychotic breaks with reality, sometimes believing they are another person or are compelled to murder by entities such as the Devil or God.[72] The two most common subgroups are "demon mandated" and "God mandated".[73]

Herbert Mullin believed the American casualties in the Vietnam War were preventing California from experiencing the Big One. As the war wound down, Mullin claimed his father instructed him via telepathy to raise the number of "human sacrifices to nature" in order to delay a catastrophic earthquake that would plunge California into the ocean.[74] David Berkowitz ("Son of Sam") is also an example of a visionary killer. He claimed a demon transmitted orders through his neighbor's dog and instructed him to commit murder.[75]

Mission-oriented

Mission-oriented killers typically justify their acts as "ridding the world" of a certain type of person perceived as undesirable, such as homosexuals, prostitutes, or people of different ethnicity or religion; however, they are generally not psychotic.[76] For example, the Zebra killers in the San Francisco Bay Area specifically targeted Caucasians.[77] Some see themselves as attempting to change society, often to cure a societal ill.[78]

Hedonistic

This type of serial killer seeks thrills and derives pleasure from killing, seeing people as expendable means to this goal. Forensic psychologists have identified three subtypes of the hedonistic killer: "lust", "thrill" and "comfort".[79]

Lust
John Floyd Thomas, Jr. murdered at least 17 women

Sex is the primary motive of lust killers, whether or not the victims are dead, and fantasy plays a large role in their killings. Their sexual gratification depends on the amount of torture and mutilation they perform on their victims. They usually use weapons that require close contact with the victims, such as knives or hands. As lust killers continue with their murders, the time between killings decreases or the required level of stimulation increases, sometimes both.[79][80][81]

Kenneth Bianchi, one of the "Hillside Stranglers", murdered women and girls of different ages, races and appearance because his sexual urges required different types of stimulation and increasing intensity.[81] Jeffrey Dahmer searched for his perfect fantasy lover—beautiful, submissive and eternal. As his desire increased, he experimented with drugs, alcohol, and exotic sex. His increasing need for stimulation was demonstrated by the dismemberment of victims, whose heads and genitals he preserved, and by his attempts to create a "living zombie" under his control (by pouring acid into a hole drilled into the victim's skull). Dahmer once said, "Lust played a big part of it. Control and lust. Once it happened the first time, it just seemed like it had control of my life from there on in. The killing was just a means to an end. That was the least satisfactory part. I didn't enjoy doing that. That's why I tried to create living zombies with … acid and the drill." He further elaborated on this, also saying, "I wanted to see if it was possible to make—again, it sounds really gross—uh, zombies, people that would not have a will of their own, but would follow my instructions without resistance. So after that, I started using the drilling technique."[82] He experimented with cannibalism to "ensure his victims would always be a part of him".[83]

Thrill

Main article: Thrill killing

The primary motive of a thrill killer is to induce pain or terror in their victims, which provides stimulation and excitement for the killer. They seek the adrenaline rush provided by hunting and killing victims. Thrill killers murder only for the kill; usually the attack is not prolonged, and there is no sexual aspect. Usually the victims are strangers, although the killer may have followed them for a period of time. Thrill killers can abstain from killing for long periods of time and become more successful at killing as they refine their murder methods. Many attempt to commit the perfect crime and believe they will not be caught.[79][84] Robert Hansen took his victims to a secluded area, where he would let them loose and then hunt and kill them.[84] In one of his letters to San Francisco Bay Area newspapers, the Zodiac Killer wrote "[killing] gives me the most thrilling experience it is even better than getting your rocks off with a girl".[85] Coral Watts was described by a surviving victim as "excited and hyper and clappin' and just making noises like he was excited, that this was gonna be fun" during the 1982 attack.[86] Slashing, stabbing, hanging, drowning, asphyxiating, and strangling were among the ways Watts killed.[87]

Comfort (profit)

Material gain and a comfortable lifestyle are the primary motives of comfort killers. Usually, the victims are family members and close acquaintances. After a murder, a comfort killer will usually wait for a period of time before killing again to allow any suspicions by family or authorities to subside. They often use poison, most notably arsenic, to kill their victims. Female serial killers are often comfort killers, although not all comfort killers are female.[79][88][89] Dorothea Puente killed her tenants for their Social Security checks and buried them in the backyard of her home.[90] H. H. Holmes killed for insurance and business profits.[91] Professional killers ("hitmen") may also be considered serial killers.[92] Richard Kuklinski charged tens of thousands of dollars for a "hit", earning enough money to support his family in a middle-class lifestyle (Bruno, 1993).[93]

Some, like Puente and Holmes, may be involved in and/or have previous convictions for theft, fraud, non payment of debts, embezzlement and other crimes of a similar nature. Dorothea Puente was finally arrested on a parole violation, having been on parole for a previous fraud conviction.[94]

Power/control

The main objective for this type of serial killer is to gain and exert power over their victim. Such killers are sometimes abused as children, leaving them with feelings of powerlessness and inadequacy as adults. Many power- or control-motivated killers sexually abuse their victims, but they differ from hedonistic killers in that rape is not motivated by lust but as simply another form of dominating the victim.[95] Ted Bundy traveled around the United States seeking women to control.[96]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810