CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@tlcox....thanks. Also I don't know if it is peritant but the letter A is prominent. The backpack was found on the corner of Andrew and Alpha way as in I am the Alpha male and in Superior Co as in I am superior . Sitting upright as in placed not thrown. Her clothes were in the backpack inside out. No socks found. The body disposed of in Arvada. The crime was almost a perfect triangle. There is a triangle in the letter A. There is also a pic online of a huge letter A in graffiti on a headstone in Pattridge Park. I think if this case is solved it will be due to DNA evidence and not speculation on peoples parts.

Her clothes were in the backpack inside out ? Nancy Grace said they were folded neatly?There is also a pic online of a huge letter A in graffiti on a headstone in Pattridge Park?May I please ask may we see this or do you know any more on this?

I just wanted to say that I have a WS crush on you. I NEVER skip a post from GrainneDhu! Your posts are always a good read. Thank you for being you!

Grainne....you have fans. Beware!
(hehehe)

And Sigh....you do well to follow Grainne's posts...always insightful for sure!

Her clothes were in the backpack inside out ? Nancy Grace said they were folded neatly?There is also a pic online of a huge letter A in graffiti on a headstone in Pattridge Park?May I please ask may we see this or do you know any more on this?

Yep, I heard that too Ms Suzanne....her clothes were neatly folded and her socks were not included. The backpack was also neatly placed on the sidewalk. These clues make me think this killer is indeed organized.

Has anyone else heard about the condition of Jessica's clothes within the backpack?

Me too... I read almost everything and wasn't sure I had anything new to add, but I got frustrated bouncing ideas off myself. You all are way better to discuss with than me, myself, and I!

Exactly what I did bc as soon as I'd get an idea I'd see it was considered LOL!!

I suppose I am not taking anything NG or the Examiner has to say as fact. :twocents:

We still don't know how much of that kwgn article is fact or media sensationalism. I think her clothes being in that bookbag though, might be true. Did anyone see where LE gave an answer to that?

I'm also wondering if the woman found dismembered and found under the apple tree meant anything. She wasn't killed there, but was put there as Jessica was put in a place with possible meaning, but killed somewhere else. Unreal we even have to talk about this stuff, but I'd be interested to know if they might be connected. It was about 20 miles away, I think.

We still don't know how much of that kwgn article is fact or media sensationalism. I think her clothes being in that bookbag though, might be true. Did anyone see where LE gave an answer to that?

Did LE every release info concerning the 60% of the Fox report that wasn't true? tia

Okay, I'm not super well versed in DNA but I read the link someone posted a few pages back and a few posts about what can be gleaned from DNA.

My question is if LE has DNA from Jessica's case (BP, cross, body, garbage bags, etc) and the May attempted abduction.... *if* that's what the connection is....

Can the (unknown) perp's DNA be linked to his blood relatives?

I know there's no such thing as a stupid question but I think this is the exception.

In Brianna Denison's case, her killer James Biela's girlfriend allowed authorities to take a DNA sample from their young son which confirmed that a relative (James Biela) was the man who had committed previous rapes as well as abducting and murdering Brianna.

I'm wondering on a long shot if a member of the perp's immediate family has DNA in some database, could that tie him or at least direct LE towards that individual? Does it have to be father/mother/son/daughter only? Does any of this babble make sense?

Additionally, sources told the Denver news media outlet that clues have been obtained from Jessica’s remains and her backpack, leading to progress in the investigation. These sources say that when the girl’s backpack was found it not only held a water bottle, but also contained her clothing—which were inside out. The only thing not in the bag, said the source, were Jessica’s socks.
http://www.examiner.com/article/suspect-dna-jessica-ridgeway-murder-matches-may-attack

I guess we shall wait and see as we have the usual non sourced info...ala "these sources"

**funny how the examiner supposedly got thir info from the "sources" via a Denver media outlet..yet Ive yet to see any credible Denver media outlet be reporting this "inside out" information...

Grainne....you have fans. Beware!
(hehehe)

And Sigh....you do well to follow Grainne's posts...always insightful for sure!

I always learn from Grainne's posts. Knowledgeable, insightful, and often funny. A great combo!

Can I please ask if you are answer another poster that you please respond to "quote" the post so that I know what you're responding to? This thread moves so quickly and it's hard to go back and try to find the post you are responding to. Thanks so much!!
Not being snarky. Hope this makes sense!

Welcome, newbies!

From a ways back:

Without putting too fine a point on it, I'm somewhat scarred for life from having grown up in the same era and very near where some of the victims of the Wichita, KS BTK killer Dennis Rader were taken. He patterned himself on the Zodiac, sent letters to the press, etc. Turned out, the guy once worked for a home security company! Aiee!

(To this day - and I'm over 40 - I don't like to be at home alone at night, to the point I consider a hotel with a room on a high floor if Hubs is out of town, and I will not watch slasher movies under any circumstances. People think I'm a weirdo but then, they didn't hear that then-anonymous recording of Rader over and over, 50 times a day broadcast on every station in Wichita, throughout all of 1979.)

Also, we had a serial rapist caught near where I live now in Nashville - also worked for a security consultant. Might be worth a look.
------------------

I just find it interesting that in this case the waste disposal truck was parked at the scene where Jessica's body was in the garbage bag, and then, seemingly, by sheer coincidence, the Animal Control truck drives by.

Not being accusatory, just that it reminds me of Rader.

Those of us who followed the cases remember that Rader was an employee of: Animal Control.

Seriously, who could ever forget the victims?

I was following when Rader was leaving clues and LE tracked him to the church.

Exactly what I did bc as soon as I'd get an idea I'd see it was considered LOL!!

Same here! In the end I figured it was a good sign to join in with like-minded people than to sit on the sidelines saying "me too!" "me too!" to myself (and my dog... who doesn't really care... rude! lol).

Did LE every release info concerning the 60% of the Fox report that wasn't true? tia

http://kwgn.com/2012/10/21/exclusiv...uspect-linked-to-unsolved-attack-sources-say/

FOX31 Denver first reported exclusive new details about the Ridgeway murder investigation showing investigators are making progress in finding her killer. Though initially police declined to comment on the story, after the story aired, police confirmed many of the details aired by FOX31 Denver.

LE confirmed there is a definite connection between the Jessica Ridgeway murder and an attempted abduction of a woman at Ketner Lake several months ago.

Monday police confirmed they did visit the King Soopers to investigate the receipts. They dispute the employees report that the two receipts were found in the field. Police now say the two receipts are not connected to the investigation.

Monday Police confirmed FOX31 Denver’s report that hair was discovered though they can’t say whether it is connected to the Ridgeway investigation.

So these things were, but nothing about the bookbag with clothes in it, so far. Sorry, I meant from this article, it's not confirmed, just looking around. Maybe there's a reason why they're not and whoever is telling things to the media shouldn't have.

Couple of things:

1) Thanks, NC Analyzer, for reminding me of the existence of that Gavin De Becker book (Gift of Fear). I remember hearing about it when I was younger...must have been 90s...Dominique Dunne/Nicole Simpson era? Gonna add to Amazon now. As a 'hypervigilant' person (wave plainjane), I always meant to read that. Like many of you, I had traumatic/violent experiences as a child and that sure as heck didn't help (I think I was already destined to be high-strung, but never mind).

2) "What's on the rags?". Chloroform has come up a few times, but something about the conversation earlier (medical/veterinary professional theory) made me think "what about ether?". Did some Wikipedia'ing, of course they don't use ether anymore but there are some other related inhalant general anesthetics still in use:

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halothane"]Halothane - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sevoflurane"]Sevoflurane - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Something tells me you really need a breather mask on someone with a tank of this stuff to get enough of it into them to do anything, but it was still interesting.

Hi all! I am new to this and feel by the time I catch up I can't add much to the insight all you pros. I also don't want to break any rules. I just read something interesting but am not sure if Missing Persons News website is reliable.

Hi all! I am new to this and feel by the time I catch up I can't add much to the insight all you pros. I also don't want to break any rules. I just read something interesting but am not sure if Missing Persons News website is reliable.

As far as I know they are pretty reliable.

Hi Worry Wart....and Welcome! I'm so glad you joined! You just jump right in and give us your ideas because we would love to hear them.

If you aren't certain about a certain website, you can always ask a mod. I think the best way to do that is to hit the triangle in the upper right of your post. A mod will read your questions and give you an answer....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman