CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to you and all the other posters who have chimed in for all of us -ex and current goths/alternative folks. I was "goth" about the same time as you, but we didn't call it that then, not sure we had a name for it. :). We listened to a lot of the Cure, the Smiths, Bauhaus, Pixies, and later grunge. And I still rock my black boots and skirts! But none of us would have done a thing like this, in fact goths were pretty much the gentlest folks I knew, though some in our crowd did have a flair for romance-related drama. :innocent:

My DD who is a young teen pretty much looks and dresses thhe goth part, lots of long skirts with boots, black clothes, and pink hair. Mostly you'll find her studying, reading, or baking cookies/cupcakes/pastries. Not hurting anyone.

It makes me sad to see stereotyping going on. And while both my DD and I would run screaming if we ever found ourselves in a pentacostal church, it wouldn't be because we are bad people in the clutches of Satan!! :giggle:

I was thinking of the Cure when I wrote it, that and Joy Division. I think we were just "art kids" back then with good music taste ;)

OMG! I just saw 'arrest' and haven't found that part in the thread yet. But I saw his picture.

Y'all are going to think I'm crazy, but I had a psychic (?) image of a pale brunette guy wearing that shirt in the news picture, last night. I also imagined a trophy, one that looked kind of like an Oscar, that I saw where her remains were (so just related to him -- he has trophies or something). I'm just sharing, and it's only FWIW ;)

But I'm just so glad there's an arrest! I'm going to read more now :)

Weird you said this......I had a Deja Vu moment looking at that picture for the first time. Like I had seen that very thing before....not sure when.

Sorry, haven't read back through every post, but have his "sanpaku" eyes been mentioned yet?

I'm pretty sure I read in an earlier post that Austin is believed to be "Dohastvath", and posted about a youtube video of him playing a game on youtube on that rankromcomms channel. Upon further searching, I came across that Something you should know video on that same user's channel, but the person talking says he is Dohastvath.

Im wondering if maybe Mom found something and I really do not what to say what I think she could have found!

Wanted to bump this up for everyone.

Oh, that poor mother. How awful not only to have her son turn out to be the murderer, but to have to be the one to hear his confession and turn him in. Ugh! May she find some comfort in this world.

ETA: But thank you, courageous mothers. This guy's mom and the mother of those teens who killed Autumn Pasquale.

Yeah, but neither victim was very old or very young. The jogger was what, 22? And Jessica was 10.

I mean, I take that to mean the elderly and/or infants/toddlers.

And still, what are the stats for teen killers? Young, inexperienced perps does not mean teenagers when it comes to crimes like this - the abduction of a child he likely didn't know, the dismemberment, the attempted abduction of another person, a full grown woman.

This is really incredible to me. And yes, we've seen teens who grab a neighbor child off the street, molest and kill them - Raul Renato Castro, Sam Manzie, John Freeman, Robert Thompson and Jon Venables, Mary Bell, Eric Smith - but their victims are generally very young children and they don't also try to abduct adults.

That's what threw me here. This guy is linked to the attempted abduction of a grown woman as well. To me, that indicates he is well beyond the seriously disturbed teen who kills and into psychopathic sadistic killer for pleasure realm. At 17. Dang.

Perps learn from the results of their actions. He found out that he couldn't successfully attack a 22 year old woman.

As I understand it, victims who have not yet gone through puberty are what is referred to as younger/weaker victims.

Mary Bell, Jon Venables, etc, almost had to attack small children because they were little older than that themselves. In this case, I think there's a more significant age difference between 10 and 17 than there is between 17 and 22. Developmentally, physically, a 17 year old is much closer to a 22 year old.

And yet he was unable to successfully control the older victim, so it makes a morbid kind of logic to go for a younger victim.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhICjbRczjc"]lets not play super man 64 part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Voice likely here...he introduces himself around the 4:00 mark.

Sorry, haven't read back through every post, but have his "sanpaku" eyes been mentioned yet?
OMG first thing I noticed. I read about that here once and now I'm fixated on looking at everyone's eyeballs.

Wait, what? 2 counts of murder??? Where did that come from?

LOL OMgoodnesss here we go again !!!!

I said the same thing!

I think one is for intent to murder and the other is for the murder!

WOW.... just saw they have an arrest. Praise God. I need to read but wanted to post first.

I'm just now reading about the arrest at 3PM my time.
Seventeen year old perp. Not a registered RSO. Local boy.
Being treated as a juvenile (hope that changes).
Dropped out of HS before his senior year?
I'm always a bit shocked after an arrest is made considering the 101 possible scenarios we've discussed.
Was this his first rodeo? He tried to abduct the 22 year old woman on May 31 but she got away.
It seems, as some posters have suggested along the way, that he went for a weaker more vulnerable victim. I wonder if there's a sexual motive to this crime.

Interesting that he won a contest involving the study of forensic science.

Like everyone else, I'm relieved LE has made an arrest. Still, who are all the other men driving around the same area trying to abduct women and children?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buck_317