CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think AS got a thrill from submitting his DNA. He knew it would be months or even years before LE finally decided to test the 500+ samples, and then people would say, "You had his DNA all along and it took you this long to check it?!" Unfortunately, in his mind, his mother had to go and mess it all up.

I really wonder if mom smelled something, searched around, found something then asked questions backing him into a corner?

if tried and convicted as an adult he CAN get life without parole:

However, Justice Elena Kagan's majority decision did not completely eliminate life-without-parole sentences for juveniles convicted of murder. She ruled out automatic life sentences, writing that "a judge or jury must have the opportunity to consider mitigating circumstances before imposing the harshest possible penalty for juveniles."

The high court banned the juvenile death penalty in 2005.

Storey said the June Supreme Court ruling made the current law on life-without-parole sentences for juveniles "murky."

So, even if Sigg is convicted of murder, Storey said, "because he's a juvenile we would have to have a sentencing hearing to see if he would actually even get life."
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-murder-austin-sigg-appears-in-court-thursday

but we are a long way from this point....... it is comforting however to know that this is in fact a possibility.

the rankromcomms videos are all gone?

That may be very telling unless someone told rankromcomms that people were searching him.

When the guy who killed Somer Thompson was identified, all of his internet stuff was taken off of the net.

He was a *advertiser censored* watcher too.

I'm sure ARS was not allowed on the net at home, but no problem to go to a friend's house.

How did he get to college, I wonder? Did he have use of the mother's car everyday and she went to work how?

Why wouldn't he be allowed to use the internet at home? At the age of 15, he received counselling for a *advertiser censored* addiction, but that was 2 years ago. He would have needed internet access for school.

Apologies if this has been posted.

This is a very scary line of thinking. But unfortunately, I think he is right.
http://kdvr.com/2012/10/25/criminology-professor-we-need-to-expect-more-austin-siggs-in-future/

I also agree with what he says about Austin's mom.

'The criminology professor may be on to something'

Suspect in child sexual assault makes court appearance
Suspect in sexual assault of Great Falls, Montana girl facing four felony charges..

Kaleb Kuebler, the 15-year old suspect in Wednesday's reported sexual assault of an 11-year old girl.

During the court session, Detective Noah Scott of the Great Falls Police Department said that the "victim suffered a horrific event...she was nearly choked to death."

The alleged assault occurred on Wednesday, afternoon, when the 11 year old girl was walking home from Roosevelt Elementary School.

http://www.krtv.com/news/suspect-in-child-sexual-assault-makes-court-appearance/

I can't find where it says he stalked her. can you be more specific?

At the link I quoted, it shows his booking report. Says Stalked Victim: Yes.

I will go back and look for the link real quick and link to this post.

Kelly

I read this when it first came out about him being arrested but have been unable to find it since....did anyone else read that this aunt called his mother and that is when the mom put things into motion?

Just curious as to what and how the aunt knew.

From Jessica's Great-Grand-Mother:

GRACE: When you hear all of this talk -- out to Donna Moss. This is Jessica`s great-grandmother. How does it strike you that he is in a juvenile facility where he`s allowed to play frisbee, play soccer, go to the library, have visitors, watch TV. What is your response, Ms. Moss?

MOSS: My response is this. Jessica won`t ever have a chance to do those things again. And I`m really, really angry that he`s given the privilege of doing anything other than sitting in a cell.

I hope he sits in a cell for the rest of his lifetime and rots because I understand that in Colorado, even if he is bound over as an adult, that he could only be given life sentence without parole, meaning he would do a maximum of 40 years, meaning he would get out in at least by the time he`s 57. And I want that man to never walk one more day in the company of humans.

He`s not a human. He is an animal. And I don`t want him to be in a juvenile facility where he can rub himself and grime (ph) up on the other kids that just happen to be there or he might victimize while he`s there.

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1210/25/ng.01.html

I really wonder if mom smelled something, searched around, found something then asked questions backing him into a corner?

I had wondered what/how the confession came about as well.

I am not a cat person, allergies and such in the family so we have never owned them personally. However, (and not to offend those who do have cats) I have a neighbor with A LOT of cats, indoor and outdoor. Her house smells terrible. Really bad. She is doing a great thing by taking care of them, don't get me wrong. But, the upkeep of so many cats and litter boxes is tough.

Kelly

I read this when it first came out about him being arrested but have been unable to find it since....did anyone else read that this aunt called his mother and that is when the mom put things into motion?

I read that "a woman" emailed Missing Person's News Monday night with a tip about someone in the neighborhood who fit the profile, description and had recently gotten into religion. MPN researched it and contacted LE on Tuesday.
SO, I think it was coming down on him. He was arrested at 7:45PM tuesday. (or 6:45PM?)
<modsnip>

I had been wondering what set the Mom off? What got her hinky up?

Was it the cross? Did she find something?

Here are a couple of quotes from the above article that I found interesting:

Quote:

Sigg's defense asked the judge to put all documents in the case under seal and issue a gag order, according to KMGH. The judge sealed the documents, but did not issue a gag order.

He was calm throughout the proceedings, interrupting the judge once to say he had not understood part of the hearing. It was explained to him by his court-appointed attorney.

As a former paralegal, I know how much most judges hate being interrupted by a defendant. Usually an attorney will tell his client not to speak to the judge directly unless asked to do so. When I read that AS interrupted the judge, my first thought was that AS sees this as "his" show, it's all about him and everyone else is an incidental player. Including the judge. JMO.

this is just from personal recall on the live feed the day of the arrest but the media outlet called the Sigg home and talked to the aunt on the phone. The Aunt relayed the story to the media about what Sigg's mother had done.

I don't recall anything about the Aunt putting things into motion.. maybe someone else does?

I had been wondering what set the Mom off? What got her hinky up?

Was it the cross? Did she find something?

I really think the whole thing should be credited to the neighborhood woman, although she surely wants to remain anonymous, since he'll be out by age 57.
all our kids and grandkids will be at risk when that day comes.
<modsnip>

Here are a couple of quotes from the above article that I found interesting:

Quote:

Sigg's defense asked the judge to put all documents in the case under seal and issue a gag order, according to KMGH. The judge sealed the documents, but did not issue a gag order.

He was calm throughout the proceedings, interrupting the judge once to say he had not understood part of the hearing. It was explained to him by his court-appointed attorney.

As a former paralegal, I know how much most judges hate being interrupted by a defendant. Usually an attorney will tell his client not to speak to the judge directly unless asked to do so. When I read that AS interrupted the judge, my first thought was that AS sees this as "his" show, it's all about him and everyone else is an incidental player. Including the judge. JMO.

Goes alone with what the kid said in the video nurse posted about him being a egotistical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV