CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think at this point they would charge him with jaywalking and spitting on the sidewalk if they could. It appears from the document that they're chasing every aspect of criminal behavior they can match to a state statute.

I'm surprised there is no charge of abuse of a corpse, but perhaps the crimes of violence charges address that. I would have thought it would have been a separate charge given what he did to her and presumably at more than one location.

Colorado Law on Abuse of a Corpse

http://www.state.co.us/gov_dir/leg_dir/olls/sl2005a/sl_52.htm

BTW, the guards might not be there to protect him, but to protect others in the courtroom from him. He's the murderer, after all.

I was thinking also his family. I could see some crazy trying to maybe trying to confront his family members...

Was he wearing a bullet proof vest I wonder...

I think at this point they would charge him with jaywalking and spitting on the sidewalk if they could. It appears from the document that they're chasing every aspect of criminal behavior they can match to a state statute.

I'm surprised there is no charge of abuse of a corpse, but perhaps the crimes of violence charges address that. I would have thought it would have been a separate charge given what he did to her and presumably at more than one location.

BBM
I was wondering the same thing....

:(
poor Jessica. I always doubted that he killed her immediately after getting her in the vehicle.

Thank you for the link! It says right there that the robbery charge was over the backpack.
backpack.jpg

So Sigg has taken Jessica's backpack from her "by the use of force, threats or intimidation". :confused:

"Section 18 - 4 - 301 (1) , C. R. S."

18-4-301. Robbery.
(1) A person who knowingly takes anything of value from the person or presence of another by the use of force, threats, or intimidation commits robbery.

http://www.lpdirect.net/casb/crs/18-4-301.html

So Sigg has taken Jessica's backpack from her "by the use of force, threats or intimidation". :confused:

I find that somewhat confusing too. I guess this will all come out if and when it goes to trial.

Thank you for the link! It says right there that the robbery charge was over the backpack.
backpack.jpg

those are some nice charges. I like how he is being charged for each thing multiple times as each offense occurs in relation to another offense and combines to create compounded offenses.

if this is the case, she was alive Saturday night? or he stole it from her when he kidnapped her?

So all of his ghoulish studies and interests really are just a red herring and a way of making his interests seem somehow mainstream.

He was charged with sexual assault on little Jessica.

He's nothing more than a child murdering sicko.

I find that somewhat confusing too. I guess this will all come out if and when it goes to trial.

I am guessing that since he grabbed her by force and then got possession of her backpack, that counts as taking her backpak by force. If wearing backpack and she was taken by force, so was backpack.

Makes sense to me.

:shrug:

Wow, Jillycat !!! G R E A T post !!! TY !!!

if this is the case, she was alive Saturday night? or he stole it from her when he kidnapped her?

This makes me wonder if she still could have been alive when he mother called the police at 4:30pm the day she disappeared.

Sigg charged as adult, faces 17 counts in Jessica Ridgeway murder case

Excerpt: "Among the sizable contingent inside the court was Sigg’s father. FOX31′s Hendrik Sybrandy said Robert Sigg sat two rows behind his son and was visibly shaking."

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/30/sigg-charged-as-adult-faces-17-counts-in-jessica-ridgeway-murder-case/

It is sad to think of how his Dad must feel being there. That murderer destroyed so many lives besides the victim and her family. He ruined his parents and brother's lives too. I hope they somehow can cope with this.

But, my feelings of sadness are especially for Jessica and her family. It is so painful to even think about it, let alone live through it.

I put the blame solely on the murderer. No matter how someone is brought up, nothing excuses what this monster did. There are many examples of people having terrible childhood's and they grow up to become well established productive members of society.

I hope the tragedy ends here for both families, and hope that they can somehow not let this destroy the remainder of thier lives.

I don't have a whole lot of time so I am going to post this as quickly as possible.... I do not care if you are/were abused, physically, mentally or sexually. It does not matter that you are addicted to *advertiser censored* and play hideous games online. Even if you have a fascination with death and dismemberment, there is NO excuse good enough to justify torturing and brutally murdering another human being, especially a child! I have been through all types of abuse and I am bi-polar and suffer from PTSD... You don't see me out there abusing others for my amusement, let alone stealing their lives and innocence away! If I hear another thing about Sigg being abused or being addicted etc, I am going to screammmmmmmmm!!!

What are a “crimes of violence” and “violent felonies”?

http://ncw.fd.org/BrownBag/Cat Mod Cat Brown Bag.pdf

This is North Carolina's version- but I imagine they are close or the same to CO. I found this to be an
easier to understand explanation.

COLORADO Crimes of Violence: ARS has 6 of these counts (crimes of violence)

sentences for Crimes of Violence must be served consecutively, that is, one sentence must be served before the second sentence can be started. In a case where the District Attorney has charged multiple Crime of Violence counts, convictions will result in stacking the mandatory minimum sentences on top of each other. For example, two Second Degree Assault charges, each with a mandatory five year minimum, create a mandatory ten year sentence. The judge has no choice, and your criminal defense lawyer has no power to prevent this if you are convicted.

http://www.colorado-criminal-lawyer.com/sentencing/violence.html

It is sad to think of how his Dad must feel being there. That murderer destroyed so many lives besides the victim and her family. He ruined his parents and brother's lives too. I hope they somehow can cope with this.

But, my feelings of sadness are especially for Jessica and her family. It is so painful to even think about it, let alone live through it.

I put the blame solely on the murderer. No matter how someone is brought up, nothing excuses what this monster did. There are many examples of people having terrible childhood's and they grow up to become well established productive members of society.

I hope the tragedy ends here for both families, and hope that they can somehow not let this destroy the remainder of thier lives.

I was just about to post something like this..... I cannot imagine being in Jessica's moms shoes but I also cannot imagine being AS's parent. His mom who probably tried to protect him from monster when he was little is now faced with the reality that her son IS a monster himself. I am sure she is consumed with what ifs and how she went wrong as a parent. Same with dad too. And it seems dad's criminal past has just become fodder for the media and public consumption. His DUI's and mortgage fraud pale in comparison to the heinous crimes of their son. I recently read the statement from Robert Sigg expressing his sympathies to the Ridgeway family and his personal devastation over the knowledge his son killed their daughter and below that the writer saw it fitting to post some mugshot of the dad and talk about his criminal past. IMO his father's criminal past did not have anything to do with AS and his evil deeds. And don't even get me started about the little brother and what this must do to him....

AS has destroyed two families in his killing of that precious child. I hope they do have him on suicide watch so he can't take the easy way out.

Locals....Isn't there a young lady missing whose vehicle was found on Coal Creek and Highway 6? If this has been brought up...sorry. Sometimes I have to skip pages to catch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95