CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I worked nights off and on for years, and worked many 12 hour nights, 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. I pulled some 16 hour shifts too. I disagree that it's like working any shift. Working nights and sleeping days goes against your body clock.
No, most people who work days don't go to bed at 6 p.m. But most people who work nights try to sleep while the rest of the family is out of the house, from early that morning until late in the afternoon. Then they're up for several hours before time to go back to work, so they're tired before they start their shift. By the time they get off the next morning, it feels like they've been awake for a week.
When I worked nights, I wanted to be awake in the evenings so I could be with my family. Some people may have the luxury of being able to sleep right up until time to go to work, like daytime workers do. Most don't, however.
For those who have a daytime job, try setting your alarm at midnight and then go about your household duties for 6 or 7 hours before you go to work at 8 a.m. and then work all day. It makes a world of difference.

Graveyard shift is horrible and it is against you normal body clock its like constant jet lag.
But......me personally being a mom my phone is never far from me when i sleep its under my pillow. We only use cell phones in our home no need for a house phone. You never know who is trying to call you or why! But thats just me!

KDVR FOX31 Denver ‏@KDVR
Police: We have no reason to believe #JessicaRidgeway isn't alive and well. Get more real-time updates from the search: http://bit.ly/SIvgCk
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Do they just say this because they have no proof she is hurt or dead?
They said the same about Lyric and Elizabeth! And they have not been seen since.

Because they need the jail space for the Lindnsey Lohan's and Martha Stewarts of the world

That doesn't make any sense. Lindsay has never served more than a few days in jail, and Martha went to all women's prison. Not saying that killers can't be women, but most are men. Murderers are not being released from jail because of celebrities. They get released from jail because their sentence is up, because back in the ~good old days~ when the safety of kids was more important, they were only sentenced to 30 years.

Listening to the live report on radio......he sure doesn't want to talk about the family, does he? Weird that they won't at least answer the question, aside from saying they're cooperative. He seemed to make a point to mention the Dad in a positive light. He also made a point to mention that he would not dicsuss the various "types" of communication with the family.

Not sure if this was posted, trying to get off for work. I did not know about items found on Monday ?! Also they have searched over 400 houses, they said they are only half done !

Day 6: Missing Westminster girl Jessica Ridgeway still gone, family remains hopeful

SNIP............................................................................

Authorities did find some new items Monday night, however they cannot confirm if they are directly tied to Jessica. The only item authorities are confirming is Jessica's is the backpack found on Sunday. Matarasso reiterated they are being extremely diligent in their search efforts.

"We don't want to miss anything," Matarasso said. "We're going to go back several times; we've going to cover our tracks. We're going to look in the same area that we've already looked. You're going to see a lot of activity ... in and around her home, and that's going to continue today. There's nothing specific that's keeping us in that area other than we want to make sure there's no stone unturned, and we're focusing because, again, that is where Jessica disappeared from."

http://www.9news.com/news/local/article/293754/222/LIVE-VIDEO-Missing-girl-update

I always wonder what the hundreds, sometimes thousands, of "tips" consist of in these cases, especially since hardly any ever pan out or have any relevance to the case. What on earth do people call in? Just always wondered.

That doesn't make any sense. Lindsay has never served more than a few days in jail, and Martha went to all women's prison. Not saying that killers can't be women, but most are men. Murderers are not being released from jail because of celebrities. They get released from jail because their sentence is up, because back in the ~good old days~ when the safety of kids was more important, they were only sentenced to 30 years.

LOL it was just a snide remark eileen.
meant nothing by it only to mean that ppl like martha and Lindsey are given ankel bracelets to monitor their every move and heaven forbid they make a wrong move they go back to jail but Pedophilles can roam our streets freely to do as they wish! something is wrong!

I always wonder what the hundreds, sometimes thousands, of "tips" consist of in these cases, especially since hardly any ever pan out or have any relevance to the case. What on earth do people call in? Just always wondered.

I saw a red car!
I saw a white van!
I saw three kids walking!
I saw trash trucks.
Etc ETc etc!!!

I saw a red car!
I saw a white van!
I saw three kids walking!
I saw trash trucks.
Etc ETc etc!!!

Lol, this is exactly what I am thinking...would hate to be on the other end of the line.

In Baby Lisa's case, there were 1600 tips in the first year, and 500 were sightings. The number of tips has always confused me. Does every call count as a tip? If I say something stupid, laugh, and hang up, does that count as a tip? I think a lot of tips are "psychics" too.

I remember reading that LE got 40,000 tips in the first few months of the Jacob Wetterling case, and that number just seems so off to me, because I have never heard of that many tips in a case ever.

Graveyard shift is horrible and it is against you normal body clock its like constant jet lag.
But......me personally being a mom my phone is never far from me when i sleep its under my pillow. We only use cell phones in our home no need for a house phone. You never know who is trying to call you or why! But thats just me!

I didn't have a cell phone back then, so sometimes I had to unplug the house phone in order to sleep. Then there were people knocking on my door at times.
But I agree, trying to sleep daytimes is not easy, there are more noises outside than at night, and then there is the light to deal with.
Some people solved the problem by sleeping on the job. :what::what: (Not me!)

Just a comment regarding the possibility of searching the landfill. If God forbid, the perp disposed of Jessica in a dumpster, why wouldn't he/she have disposed of her back pack at the same time? Do we really believe the perp is taunting LE and the public by "staging" the back pack?

Are we allowed to ask why dad is on probation? Not that I believe he has anything to do with Jessica's disappearance. I'm just curious if his past crimes might be related in some way.

If not, I understand.

Just a comment regarding the possibility of searching the landfill. If God forbid, the perp disposed of Jessica in a dumpster, why wouldn't he/she have disposed of her back pack at the same time? Do we really believe the perp is taunting LE and the public by "staging" the back pack?

I wouldn't put it past some sick, deranged person to "toy" with LE.

Lol, this is exactly what I am thinking...would hate to be on the other end of the line.

LOL but i guess the pieces fit all together to creat one picture .

Many ppl see different things even when they are all in the same location!

Back up and at em this morning....Praying again for Jessica and her family. Hoping that today is the day we receive some good news about this precious little girl.

Are we allowed to ask why dad is on probation? Not that I believe he has anything to do with Jessica's disappearance. I'm just curious if his past crimes might be related in some way.

If not, I understand.

I believe its Domestic Violence!
Not sure its related at all!

To me, things seems contradictory. They say they're conducting searches on land and in water as a "precaution". Then they state that they have secured garbage but aren't going through it yet. If searches are merely "precautionary", then that says they think it's more likely (or hopeful) that she's alive. However, if she's alive and if someone local has her (or even if someone local did have her and killed her), I'd think that they'd want to be searching that garbage sooner, rather than later, for clues. Because they are not doing this, I get the feeling they already have a POI in mind, whom they're not mentioning....

I am guessing they have had a general rummage through the garbage before they secured it and nothing has jumped out at them, such as her clothes. Until they have a better idea of what they are looking for in the garbage, a fingertip search would be a waste of time because they could easily gloss over something as unimportant due to the fact they did not know they were looking for it!

In the grand scheme of things, this alone could tell us they have absolutely no idea of what has happened to Jessica!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018