CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenny Holmes 7News ‏@KHOLMESlive
Large amt of crews just showed up to @westminsterpd. Not sure exactly what for, working on details #jessicaridgeway http://pic.twitter.com/ZU9dHhBZ

wow... look at the picture

What makes you both think it means good news? (no snark: my initial reaction was the opposite, don't know why on that either :waitasec: )

Edit - or maybe not good news, but encouraging...

I think it's good news because - IMO - it means they think they can find her alive and get her back home safely. I don't think they would put that many folks on it unless they think the tip is credible. (I'm suddenly reminded of the lady in the back of the car in Florida, who begged for help from other vehicles while in the car with her abductor, yet when people contacted 911, somehow the ball was dropped - and it cost her her life... :(... I'm glad to see LE taking this sighting seriously).

:praying:

Guys that kidnap kids and keep them while
Traveling like this, means gasing up car. Stopping to eat and potty.
Is he in love with her? I am thinking on line (internet), relative?
This guy must not have a job? Money? It would be hard to be on the run with a little girl. Hope they get him. And sleeping? Lots of driving in 36 hours? Does he have help?

I suppose it could be done if the backpack was dropped on the way out of town, and by a person who was motivated enough to get out of town (and far away) quickly. It would be with very little sleep, but I think it could be done.

Especially with someone a bit younger. (I say that because I'm too old to do it - I need my beauty sleep!) :)

And - I really want it to be her in Maine so I'm being an optimist (instead of a realist).

Or 2 people.

1m Tak Landrock ‏@TakLandrock
The woman who called Dexter Police said she called after seeing an Amber alert on her computer. #JessicaRidgeway
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
1m Tak Landrock ‏@TakLandrock
Police in Maine said a lot of people look a like, but they are taking this seriously #JessicaRidgeway
2m Tak Landrock ‏@TakLandrock
I just spoke with Dexter Police in Maine. SGT tells me a woman says the girl looked like #jessicaridgeway and was in a Buick with CO plates
11m Tak Landrock ‏@TakLandrock
TV station in Maine reporting a girl matching Jessica Ridgeway's description was spotted in a small town.
http://twitter.com/TakLandrock

he further tweets that the sighting was in the afternoon on sunday.

I wish we knew what they were doing. Are they on camera? Were they driving? Etc.

There is a chance it could be Jessica. There could be two or more people who worked together, ie one drives her to Maine and one drops the backpack in the dead of the night. Not highly probable, but possible.

If she was seen in maine on Sunday,could be anywhere by now. Canada?

Just notified my family in Maine to keep their eyes out looking.
The are around the Portland area

details: not reported until tuesday:

A resident reported seeing a girl who resembled the missing 10-year-old Westminster girl Jessica Ridgeway in Maine on Sunday, according to reports. After police received that tip, authorities filed a statewide alert for the vehicle described by the woman.

Sgt. Alan Grinnell with the Dexter, Maine Police told 9NEWS the woman told police she saw the girl resembling Ridgeway Sunday afternoon on Spring Street in Dexter - a small town northwest of Bangor in central Maine.

The witness did not report the sighting to police until Tuesday at 10 a.m. because she did not see the Amber Alert for Jessica on her computer until Tuesday morning, Grinell told 9NEWS Crime and Justice Reporter Anastasiya Bolton.

The woman, who Grinnell will not identify, described the car the girl was seen in as a light-blue Buick station wagon - a mid 1990s model - with Colorado plates. She did not get the plate number.

The car had roof racks and five spoke wheels, Grinnell says.

Grinnell told 9NEWS there is a BOLO for this car in the state of Maine and the police department has passed along this information to Westminster Police.
http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=293806

They didn't say they had a new bed for her.

The family was talking about how they've washed all her bedding and picked up her clothes (and joked about how Jessica might not be so pleased about the last). Her mom talked about all the things Jessica likes to have on her bed, like her stuffed animals and her sleeping bag.

My impression was that they wanted everything to be nice and fresh and clean for when Jessica returns.

I found it really touching.

And I'm going to bed, I just couldn't resist checking in, hoping that maybe I'd have a Google Alert for Jessica with happy news.

This might land in a weird spot as I am still catching up from last night and this morning. Her Mom mentioned she has a sleeping bag on the top bunk, but also mentioned LE stripped her sheets off her bed for scent for the dogs. Would she have sheets if she uses a sleeping bag? My son has the top bunk and uses a sleeping bag (too hard to make the bed otherwise). He doesn't have sheets other than the fitted one over the mattress. Is that what LE took? Or did they actually take the sleeping bag? Seems they should have taken the sleeping bag.

Reporter says police have put out an alert for a light blue mid 90's station wagon with fancy 5 spoke chrome wheels. CO license plate

This might land in a weird spot as I am still catching up from last night and this morning. Her Mom mentioned she has a sleeping bag on the top bunk, but also mentioned LE stripped her sheets off her bed for scent for the dogs. Would she have sheets if she uses a sleeping bag? My son has the top bunk and uses a sleeping bag (too hard to make the bed otherwise). He doesn't have sheets other than the fitted one over the mattress. Is that what LE took? Or did they actually take the sleeping bag? Seems they should have taken the sleeping bag.

Quick question... I've seen posters speculating that the sheets were taken for scent articles, but has this been posted by LE anywhere?

images

1995 Buick Century Special, Light Blue

This is just an example

Quick question... I've seen posters speculating that the sheets were taken for scent articles, but has this been posted by LE anywhere?

I believe it came from the video of Mom - but I have not seen anything from LE about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove