CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you all just hear that? Not all of the body PARTS have been identified. I wonder if more have been found elsewhere?

A woman was asking that in the background. Really had to listen hard to hear it. I couldn't hear everything because the other woman was talking into the mike.

It would be very likely that a body out in the open space for 5 days would have considerable animal activity...between coyotes...mountain lions...I can't imagine them leaving a body alone....

I was just reminded from the channel 9 reporter after the presser that Jessica is 10. 10 Years Old. An innocent child, a baby.

The thought of this being her is so saddening and sickening to me. I could spit right now.

Something is up with the ID too, DNA testing can be done very quickly (not giving up any trade secrets here, it doesn't take much research to find this out). They've got the resources there, so?

Wouldn't it probably have been early this morning before the body reached the lab? Can it be done in a few hours or less?

Did you all just hear that? Not all of the body PARTS have been identified. I wonder if more have been found elsewhere?

A woman was asking that in the background. Really had to listen hard to hear it. I couldn't hear everything because the other woman was talking into the mike.

Yeah... I heard it to and was sitting here thinking I must have heard that wrong, then saw your post. :( Heartbreaking.

Jane Valez Mitchell is on now HLN.. May be she will share some useful info that doesn't insult our intelligence...

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Kidding... I just can't stand to watch her.

Actually this presser is the one I wanted to hear on Monday...it is always basically the same info in these cases, and people have short memories...

What's the difference, it still was seen by thousands of people. More people watch the news on their computers than they do on t.v. If it was streaming out to the public by any means, they should have been more professional, IMO.
I guess we will just agree to disagree, no offense intended.

The difference is she would know when she was live on the air. She probably didn't know she was live on the web. I would be willing to bet a nice steak dinner on that.

And more people watch their news on TV than they do computers at this time. That likely will change at some point but it hasn't yet.

As I said, we can agree to disagree. I believe that a professional reporter who is preparing live should be aware that they are live and being heard, and thus remain professional.

Speaking of Professional.. Seems, that Dave may have left the 'I' out of PIO...

I've seen jokes in this very thread about gin and other issues. That doesn't mean the posters are insensitive or don't care. They do. Are people not suppose to make jokes when they aren't live on air or in this thread discussing the case? As posters here have said, sometimes you need levity in a horrible situation.

We are not members of the media and are not being recorded for thousands of people to see/hear. I think that's the point that's trying to be made. I believe journalists should behave in a professional manner while on the job and should not be joking around when we have a missing, more than likely murdered, little girl on our hands. But, your mileage may vary and that's really okay.

Well that was the least informative pressed ever.

Clearly you never saw LE officer Abben during the pressers during the first weeks in the Lyric and Elizabeth case. For cryin' out loud...THOSE were infuriating.:furious:

Not being snarky, but the LE there has been remarkable compared to the investigation of L&E. Now...to be fair, they may not have had near the tips/info that LE there has, but he made me want to hit my head against a wall...completely not acknowledging info that had been released by the FBI saying "not aware of that". SO frustrating.

Did anyone happen to get the part about not all parts being id'd on recording? I didn't hear it.

who is acting weird.

and it seems like they think he is a local.

Yeah, the behavior list is standard from all similar cases.
I've felt it was local from the start, even more now, with the various locales,etc...and male. So I guess they are kind of at square one, in a way, but at least they ruled out the ME/NH stuff...

I just hope they catch this monster, whoever it is.

This is "Truthful Lies" speaking - Mom and i are reading together....just wanted to say that we can all just agree to disagree over the chatter streamed by the news team....it's not relevant to Jessica and we're all on edge. Let's drop it? =) xoxo

As I said, we can agree to disagree. I believe that a professional reporter who is preparing live should be aware that they are live and being heard, and thus remain professional.

I agree. They should heed the standard warning (which even Presidents sometimes forget) to consider every microphone a live microphone.

Lakes (water?) and "wide open spaces". There are places in Colorado where you could hide things and they would never be found.

There must have been communication....they are too focused on these areas. This is one sick sob.

I know this is reaching but is there a song or poem with "water" and "wide open spaces" ??....maybe the names of the streets or a map of the places involved are symbolic?

This person probably has history with LE and HATES them...he sure thinks he is smarter...ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth