CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone happen to get the part about not all parts being id'd on recording? I didn't hear it.

Is it possible to "rewind" live web streams? If so I don't know how to do it, but I do still have the feed up. Now it's just showing what looks like a highway or something, no audio. I intentionally didn't close it in case there's some way of saving it and going back.

I am assuming at this point that they will use DNA testing to verify the remains identity, but will they have to confirm every piece since it is not intact to rule out it being multiple victims?

Lakes (water?) and "wide open spaces". There are places in Colorado where you could hide things and they would never be found.

There must have been communication....they are too focused on these areas. This is one sick sob.

I know this is reaching but is there a song or poem with "water" and "wide open spaces" ??....maybe the names of the streets or a map of the places involved are symbolic?

This person probably has history with LE and HATES them...he sure thinks he is smarter...ugh.

The Dixie Chicks. Wide Open Spaces.

I hope this press conference pushes anyone to call that was just thinking "so and so has been acting a bit odd this week and didn't show up for work. It's probably nothing." or along those lines/that type of thing. Maybe it will make people stop and really think about people they know being a bit different than they normally are. I hope that made sense?

Don't mean to sound rude or offend anyone. But what a reporter says when waiting on a live presser does not matter. It is very likely that this is Jessica...jmo..and she possibly suffered before her death. Sorry Jessica is what is important, not newscasters

KDVR will be live onscene at 5:30. They said the FBI will become even more involved and the National DNA database is so important. It has over 9 million profiles in it from all over the country. Esp DNA for unsolved missing cases for any connections and even years from now if someone is picked up for any felony, the DNA database can be effective if they've been entered before.

OMG. Now the Dixie Chicks, "Wide Open Spaces" is running through my head. The lyrics are pretty creepy actually, when considered in connection with this.

Hee Hee...see my post that I just posted.....better check the lyrics to that song..:confused:

I am assuming at this point that they will use DNA testing to verify the remains identity, but will they have to confirm every piece since it is not intact to rule out it being multiple victims?

I guess they will have to do that...

Is it possible to "rewind" live web streams? If so I don't know how to do it, but I do still have the feed up. Now it's just showing what looks like a highway or something, no audio. I intentionally didn't close it in case there's some way of saving it and going back.

Nikb, the station will likely have the brief update as a taped link on their site soon... I bet.

We are not members of the media and are not being recorded for thousands of people to see/hear. I think that's the point that's trying to be made. I believe journalists should behave in a professional manner while on the job and should not be joking around when we have a missing, more than likely murdered, little girl on our hands. But, your mileage may vary and that's really okay.

As long as you hold the same standards to police, firefighters and paramedics at scenes. I've certainly seen many police officers cutting up at murder scenes. I saw footage of cops and reporters cutting up outside baby Lisa Irwin's home.

People are human beings. They do and say stupid things. They know each other and act like normal people do when the glare of the camera light isn't on them. People still aren't use to their every move being recorded via cellphone or aired live on the computer. I once had a reporter stick a tongue out at a photographer at the end of a livestream because I hadn't gotten it down fast enough. We were both mortified. She didn't know she was still live. You may say that was disrespectful but she was just joking around with her photographer who was razzing her about getting ready for her live shot. She certainly wouldn't have done it if she had known she were still live.

Wide open spaces lyrics..

Who doesn't know what I'm talking about
Who's never left home, who's never struck out
To find a dream and a life of their own
A place in the clouds, a foundation of stone

Many precede and many will follow
A young girl's dream no longer hollow
It takes the shape of a place out west
But what it holds for her, she hasn't yet guessed

[Chorus:]
She needs wide open spaces
Room to make her big mistakes
She needs new faces
She knows the high stakes

She traveled this road as a child
Wide eyed and grinning, she never tired
But now she won't be coming back with the rest
If these are life's lessons, she'll take this test

[Repeat Chorus]
She knows the high stakes

As her folks drive away, her dad yells, "Check the oil!"
Mom stares out the window and says, "I'm leaving my girl"
She said, "It didn't seem like that long ago"
When she stood there and let her own folks know

[Repeat Chorus]
She knows the highest stakes

Late here- But does anyone know if random people happened upon the body? Or searchers? I guess I'm asking if we know if there was a tip a body was there, maybe from the person who put it there.

Also, has there been conformation that it is indeed a child?

Someone attached a photo of the crime scene earlier this morning. I have the photo on my iPhone under my history and it haunts me. It looks like a face they are looking at and nothing from the head down. There are 5 agents around it and its under the big light. It's very close up. Does anybody else see that?? I ignored it at first bc I thought no way the head is turned the wrong way bc there was nothing but it. Attachment.php 576 x 768 pixels
Please delete post if no allowed thanks

Please do not post this the horror is too much to bear. Sorry just knowing a body is not intact is bad enough.

Late here- But does anyone know if random people happened upon the body? Or searchers? I guess I'm asking if we know if there was a tip a body was there, maybe from the person who put it there.

Also, has there been conformation that it is indeed a child?

Neither of your questions has been answered as yet.

Something is up with the ID too, DNA testing can be done very quickly (not giving up any trade secrets here, it doesn't take much research to find this out). They've got the resources there, so?

This may be graphic...

but could there be portions of individuals... But they belong to separate deceased people?

thus.. The inability to ID?

Just a thought based on no facts...

I hope this press conference pushes anyone to call that was just thinking "so and so has been acting a bit odd this week and didn't show up for work. It's probably nothing." or along those lines/that type of thing. Maybe it will make people stop and really think about people they know being a bit different than they normally are. I hope that made sense?

Can you imagine the number of calls that they are getting about now? Half the population is either unemployed or working part time. Folks with grudges; X's, etc...

The unknown suspect responsible for the remains located in Arvada, CO, yesterday's behavior will not be changed, imo.. He is a sadistic psychopath. Psychopaths have no human emotions, empathy, or conscience.

Some photos from the video on KDVR...

Attachments

• jessica.JPG
    jessica.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 105
  • jessica1.JPG
    jessica1.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 107
  • jessica3.JPG
    jessica3.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 126
Status