CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
well, early on LE said J may have changed clothes and to focus on her face and features as her hair and clothes might be different - when they thought she had maybe left on her own. It was when the backpack was found so people thought they found the clothes she left her house in in the backpack. I'm not sure that's where they found the clothes.

MSM is mainstream media. There is a thread here with the commonly used abbreviations but I don't have the link handy on my phone. Hopefully someone will grab that for you though.

As for what we can bring up from the scanner forum, well I'm afraid to touch that one because I always thought the answer was nothing. I also know nothing about Jessica changing clothes. If there is a post on that in the basement I would really love a link because I missed that info too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It occurred to me that West Minster PD has not tweeted anything about continuing to be on the look out for Jessica. I realize we pretty much surmise the remains are hers but there's always that small hope until confirmation.

there are 4 public places in the google map below plus an open space, one of which is the school and one is Chelsea park. J could have traveled to at least 2 of the public places and through the open space before coming across her abductor on her way to the school.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Chel...,+Westminster,+Jefferson,+Colorado+80021&z=16

When I zoom in on Chelsea Park, I feel like I'm looking at Utopia -- nice homes backing up to a cute park. Wonderful, wide paved path leading behind homes - not hidden by trees that may create dark/spooky spots. If you child isn't safe there, then where are they safe? :(

It pains me to say this, but it is possible that the body isn't in a state to be identified at all-not even by freckles or moles. I feel like they pretty much know it is her by now anyway, but are in no hurry to confirm it until a 100% match is made.

Is it possible that someone could have driven their own child to school...and then returned to pick up Jessica in their car because they knew she would be walking to a certain area to meet a friend that was already at school? Mmmm....

I understand. But considering the torture of waiting, waiting, waiting to find out: is it her?, would you choose the wait option rather than viewing the body (part(s))?

I don't know which I would choose, but the waiting has to be the most painful, excruciating time. I would need serious sedation...

Yes, and I've thought about this a lot. I do think that the torture of waiting must be worse than the knowing. However, I'm sure that for some, given the choice, they'd also rather feel like they'd like to hold on to just one more day of hope, too. Once it's identified as their child (if it is), the hope is gone. I don't know what I would do, personally.

From what I saw on the 9News video, the reporter showed the barbed wire fence and the culvert, and showed how there was room beneath the fence to climb through. I guess water running through the culvert has worn the earth down or something, because the ground beneath part of the fence has been eroded. I don't know how big the gap beneath the fence is - the reporter didn't crawl through it, but that would have been a great visual aid!!

But I am not sure how someone could carry/drag a body (or parts) under the fence without being seen, it's awfully close to the road. I know the road is not frequently traveled, but still, it's an awful big risk IMO.

After viewing the maps, I assumed the perp pulled over at the side patch of road just past the culvert, and then dragged the bag(s) to the lower culvert area. It wouldn't take long, and if anyone came along, he could just say he was taking a bio-break. Being low down in the culvert area, he probably wouldn't be seen from the road.

Best bet... leave the basement where it is. I kind of like that..... it makes it special, and believe me - it can be a very "special" place. :crazy: I don't go there often either, but every time that I do, it is an amazing place for information, but also for comic relief! Honestly, the regulars down there missed their calling - unless they are stand-up comics for a living!! Reading little snip-its of what people hear over a scanner is better than reading what my stupid smart phone changes my sentences to say!

I don't think it would be a legal identification based on a parent's sight only, if they only have a partial body:(

Is it possible that someone could have driven their own child to school...and then returned to pick up Jessica in their car because they knew she would be walking to a certain area to meet a friend that was already at school? Mmmm....

Is it possible someone was already in the school and saw Jessica as soon as she entered and then gave her a good reason to 'walk outside'? I sure wish whatever it was had never happened. This case is so sad and it breaks my heart.

My first thought was that it would be really tough to go under a barbed wire fence with a body. What would be easier would be either to put the body on a plastic tarp or blanket to slide it under the fence or to throw a heavy blanket on top of the wire and use that as a makeshift stile.

Either might leave forensic evidence but maybe not. If the perp used a plastic tarp to slide the body and the location catches the wind, there might not be any drag marks left on the ground.

Do we know she wasn't killed at the scene? Maybe I missed something? :waitasec:

Above in RED (done by me) - It says "crossed UNDER the barbed wire fence..." can anyone tell me how much room is between the bottom of the fence and the ground at that drainage culvert? I couldn't tell in photos. I'm just curious how agile (if at all) a person would have to be to cross under that. TIA

Just lie down and roll. So, it would have to be someone who can get down on the ground and get up again without assistance.

When they say "Not intact" it COULD mean that it was ravaged by animals, not that it was cut up. A body completely ravaged by animals is very hard to identify.

Just saying that is a possibility.

Do we know she wasn't killed at the scene? Maybe I missed something? :waitasec:

No, we don't know that, but I think if the report of the black trash bag is valid, we are assuming she was transported there in the bag. She could have been killed in the shack and then moved down the hill. Just don't know anything really. So sad!

It appears all of these things are possible and more. She did not necessarily go missing within 3 blocks of her home. There could be people in the employ of local city parks & schools who came in contact with her that morning.

Is it possible someone was already in the school and saw Jessica as soon as she entered and then gave her a good reason to 'walk outside'? I sure wish whatever it was had never happened. This case is so sad and it breaks my heart.

What do we know about the family of the little boy she was going to walk with? Do his parents both work? Have they been checked out? Did they both show up at work that day? Didn't his father drive him to school? Was she supposed to meet the boy IN the park or did she usually walk to his house? I'm not clear about why the Dad drove him to school. I believe the Mom said that she called him to see if he was walking and that when he said yes, Jessica was going to "meet" him. Perhaps that meant "go to his house" and they'd walk together from there. However, I got the impression for some reason, it meant "meet on the way". Therefore, I'm wondrering how the Dad would know that Jessica didn't show up, and he instead drove him? Of course, if she was sot come meet at his house, then the Dad would know she didn't come, but that's not the impression I got (and I'm not sure why b/c it could definitely have been the case). Do we know his address and if so, could someone please place his address on the map? I'f like to see if he was on the route to school, or if it made more sense for her to have been meeting him in the park.

But she never met her friend, right? And no one saw her at school, right? So its unlikely she made it there....
This whole case makes your mind spin and your heart sink.....

if the address I saw for him was right, it's out of the way for J to walk there, then back to the park and then to school. doesn't make sense. makes more sense that they'd meet at the park, but you're right - then the friend's dad wouldn't know unless the friend called his dad and he came and drove the friend from the park to school.

What do we know about the family of the little boy she was going to walk with? Do his parents both work? Have they been checked out? Did they both show up at work that day? Didn't his father drive him to school? Was she supposed to meet the boy IN the park or did she usually walk to his house? I'm not clear about why the Dad drove him to school. I believe the Mom said that she called him to see if he was walking and that when he said yes, Jessica was going to "meet" him. Perhaps that meant "go to his house" and they'd walk together from there. However, I got the impression for some reason, it meant "meet on the way". Therefore, I'm wondrering how the Dad would know that Jessica didn't show up, and he instead drove him? Of course, if she was sot come meet at his house, then the Dad would know she didn't come, but that's not the impression I got (and I'm not sure why b/c it could definitely have been the case). Do we know his address and if so, could someone please place his address on the map? I'f like to see if he was on the route to school, or if it made more sense for her to have been meeting him in the park.

The parents don't need to identify a body that may be 6 days into decomp and not intact. LE knows if it is male or female and is that of a child or not by now I'm sure. If it didn't fit her description they would have told the parents. Right now the parents are just going through the waiting for confirmation. Since no other little girl is missing in that area I think they already know it is her. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett