CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The backpack was found in Superior, Co. about 6 miles away from JR home.

Yes. BUT, Jessica went missing <0.5 miles from Witt Elementary and backpack was found <0.5miles from Superior Elementary.

(I live in this area and like others on this thread, I'm deeply saddened and at the same time, horrified, terrified, and mad as hell.)

I'm so far behind on reading (darn work!), so forgive me if this has been discussed already. I was reading again about how police won't comment on what was in Jessica's backpack. I had the horrible thought - was there a body part inside? Sick photos the perp took? Some sort of taunting note or map? I wonder if the contents hold any clues as to who did this.
I'm wearing purple and praying Jessica is safe and at peace. May justice be SWIFT AND HARSH upon the heads of anyone who harmed this innocent child.

The man who found it would have freaked and called LE instead of posting a msg on a local listserv for someone to "come and get it".

It never gets any easier, does it? :(

I can't even string a coherent sentence together...just prayers to Jessica's family, friends and community!

I'm so far behind on reading (darn work!), so forgive me if this has been discussed already. I was reading again about how police won't comment on what was in Jessica's backpack. I had the horrible thought - was there a body part inside? Sick photos the perp took? Some sort of taunting note or map? I wonder if the contents hold any clues as to who did this.
I'm wearing purple and praying Jessica is safe and at peace. May justice be SWIFT AND HARSH upon the heads of anyone who harmed this innocent child.

They won't tell everything, because there's always nuts who want to confess for the attention.

Heartbroken yet again for another precious child.

My prayers are for her family and those that love her. I am so sorry for the unimaginable pain you are going through. I will continue to pray for you as well as your community.

May Justice be Swift!

Rest in peace sweet beautiful Jessica:rose:

Should we be asking ourselves, "Why?" Who would think to ask for a photo of the command centre? Anyone here been having a burning desire to see it? (bear in mind they will be hiding anything worth seeing)

There is something behind this 'showing the command centre'. They had a reason to announce it and a reason to show it.

Wasn't it a response to a reporters question about what a command center looked like?

OMG, I was there at that age too...I am 52. That was a very scary summer. That was a very disturbed dude, kinda like this case.

Wow...lol. Me too, must be a bunch of us ole Bronx bombers on good ole Websleuths...lol. I am 51.

I just got the cancellation of the Amber Alert on my phone...crying again...

Hi everybody, I'm new to the WS community. Thanks for all your postings and resources.

I'm a teacher who lives 6 miles from where this is all happening. We are anxiously awaiting word from Westminster PD re: the body found in Arvada.

Welcome, Margarita. I cannot imagine how you locals feel. It's horrible enough hundreds of miles away.

It's poor Jessica.

Rest in peace, baby girl.

:(

TRAGIC.

No matter how you expect the news, it is still a swift kick in the gut to hear.

I've got to tell ya', it really is a kick in the gut. I just knew it was Jessica. So can you explain to me why I began crying when I read these posts?

So heartbroken... I will now leave you all for awhile, as my very own and precious little girl is waiting in the other room for me to play a game with her. I will savor every second and let her know how special she is to me.

God bless my fellow WSers, who care so much about those who are missing and who have fallen prey to the most heinous of crimes - and not turning away b/c it's so hard to face.

:grouphug: to all of you.

Rest in peace, dear sweet child.

What a poignant post. God bless you right back. I hope you give your baby an extra tight hug from all of us.

I get the feeling they think this is a local. They want people to pay attention to co workers, neighbors and family for changes in behaviour.

I do too. The various places Jessica was taken from, her backpack was found and then her body indicate he knows the area.

Hello folks. I have followed your site in the past, on the Kyron Horman case and now on the Jessica Ridgeway case. I'm in Colorado and my son is just a little older than Jessica and attends a Jeffco school. This is my community. I'm sure everyone is reeling from the horrible news we just heard. Just wanted to introduce myself and I look forward to visiting with you all.

Welcome. My heart goes out to all of you living in that area.

No. I want him caught. I don't want to worry about him in a month or a year or 5 years. I don't want to wonder that if we buy a new house, he's next door.

My baby is sleeping in my bed tonight. :(

I don't blame you one bit. I would be doing the exact same thing.

I got the news late. I was watching the first statement of the family after Jessica went missing. My heart just broke for that family. Just broke. Especially the dad who was so far away when she went missing and probably feels so helpless.

What they must be going through now is unbelievable.

No matter how many of these cases occur, each one is profoundly shocking - that anyone could want to destroy a precious, innocent child like Jessica. This is the epitome of evil. It gets no worse.

We love you Jessica. R.I.P. honey. :cry:

Should we be asking ourselves, "Why?" Who would think to ask for a photo of the command centre? Anyone here been having a burning desire to see it? (bear in mind they will be hiding anything worth seeing)

There is something behind this 'showing the command centre'. They had a reason to announce it and a reason to show it.

To make him mad. That's not what he wanted.

This is why they need media to show only what they want to be shown.

They've got his game... and he's not as smart as he fancies himself. Hope he reads this, too.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I missed the press release. Can someone update me with what was release? I take it they confirmed that the body was hers :( Did they give any info as to if the body is now complete? Did they give info about suspect?

In tears now. I left the house before 4 and took the dog and birthday girl for a bike ride. just couldn't watch the PC at 4. saw the news now. I knew it, but it's still a sickening shock. Tears.

The media asked for pics of the command center. It's not some conspiracy. LE said they would get a picture for them, but of course it won't show anything sensitive.

Seeing Found Deceased at the top of the forum page makes it official here I guess. I was still holding out a sliver of hope right up until the words came out of his mouth. So incredibly sad.

Just want to say THANK YOU to the mods. There have been some horrific posts and before I could even flag them, they were gone. I appreciate sincerely your efforts to protect the family.

Justice for Jessica.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member