CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go again. This time it's a white van (versus a white truck).
White van may have followed Jessica on Friday morning.

Have LE said the body was hacked? Or was it just NG? We need to pick our words a little more carefully than she does

JMO

I agree Amber and such is why I placed the word "hacked" in quotes. Yes the reference to remains not being "in tact" were references by others.......other than NG
jmo

I was 16 in the Bronx, in the Summer of Sam. I'm only posting this for those who have children living in the area and worrying how this will affect them. I actually have fond memories of that summer, because all the adults sort of made a game of it, making us always have "teams" to go places and instead of having a fearful approach it was much more straightforward. Of course, I wasn't ten, but basically we were all aware of all the news, we were told that this was not a normal time, that we had to be careful, and that summer, as we had normally known it, would not happen this year. I wasn't afraid, but I was careful, I cut my hair (we all thought his "type" was long haired), and I was not allowed the normal freedom I had. Because everyone was so upfront and honest about what was happening, I was not upset by it, or by giving up the freedoms I was pretty used to having at that age.
Parents, talk to your kids. You may think it is too gruesome, but in the long run, imaginations are far more scary than the reality.

I was a child (ages 7-10 before they were caught) in Los Angeles smack in the middle of the Hillside Strangler and Rodney Alcala. I remember being absolutely terrified. The adults, in my case, talked in scared whispers and I heard just enough of the gory details to give me nightmares. I don't recall anyone giving us instructions on precautions and we still all walked to school unsupervised. I still remember the fear when cars would drive by. The OP's experience sounded a lot healthier :).

news is reporting that the profilers believe the perp is watching the news and everything else revolving around this...

source: 9news @5:15 (or so)

...and might even be right here on WS...stranger things have happened. :yes:
With that said, it is my fondest desire that he is here and that he reads every single word that expresses our disgust and distain for him. I want him to know as I'm sure everyone else does as well...YOU WILL NOT GET AWAY WITH THIS! You will be hunted down like the rabid animal you are and when you're caught the world will rejoice and again they will rejoice the day they stick a needle in your arm and send you straight to hell where you belong!

to make people more horrified and scared. to feel more powerful.
I'd say dude has a small appendage, and is emasculated in his relationships. that's kinda obvious, but...

No the size of his private parts or how females treat him in his private relationships isn't obvious.

If he wanted to scrare people it would make more sense to leave her remains in the middle of the school yard or laying out in the middle of a main street.

JMHO.

He probably wanted her found but didn't want to be caught leaving her there.

He likely wants attention like the Zodiac got... but he isn't as good at getting it.

He isn't nearly as creative.

Being bold and outspoken: Why eliminate "transients/transient workers" from the equation? Transient workers can have access to job vehicles, BTW, and cruise an area to find victims.

In the past 4 months, where I live, there have been several murders, rapes, stabbings, etc. all perpetrated by different "transients." I also have been "accosted" 5 times by "transients" in the last 4 months. Two of those situations I believe are tied to previous or subsequent violent crimes.

Not in Colorado.

Cities do not want negative publicity, especially if they have major events that draw huge revenue.

Good for her! Maybe she's hoping to get the Nancy Grace show timeslot if/when the powers-that-be at HLN cancel Nancy's show. Something that I think should happen after the way she reported on the state of the remains on her show last night. It literally made me sick.

I am sure NG will have this on tonight and probably an aunt or uncle of Jessica, and she will ask that awfull question like she always does- "How did you feel when you heard that your neice had been found....". I HATE it when victims family are asked that question. How the eff do you THINK they felt???

grr. Sorry to be OT.

I wish the LE officials had ended the presser by looking directly into the camera and addressing the killer...we are looking for you day and night....eventually we will find you. Until then there is no place you can hide, no place you can go without looking over your shoulder...We will not stop looking for you...

JMO

abbie

He likely wants attention like the Zodiac got... but he isn't as good at getting it.

He seems pretty good at getting attention to me, since his crime has received national coverage.

How far away is Jessica from Morgan Ingram? I don't know what to think about Morgan's death, but her mom's blog talks about A LOT of other sketchy crimes in the area. Kinda wondering if any of those crimes are related?

I'm puzzling out why he (I noted that the LE did ID the suspect as a male) would leave her laying out to be found?

IMHO that's a bit odd. He had time to ensure the remains were "not intact" (define that as you may, but after following these cases for several years here that usually equates dismembered in some fashion---just being honest) then why wouldn't he have time to hide her remains in such a way that they were never found or that it was more unlikely that she be found.

Just puzzling this right now while watching JVM too.

IMO he wanted the backpack and body be found....because he wants to WATCH this all unfold....he wants to see his infamous accomplishment blasted all over the TV and watch LE and volunteers scramble all around him....

Tool marks would be evident, so naturally a ME could tell if this were the case. I wish media/talking heads would quit speculating on dismemberment. There is a good chance it can be attributed to animal activity (so hard to type either of those possibilities). :moo:

I understand where your coming from. Even though I do believe this is a monster that is sick beyond belief, I have witnessed (after the fact) cattle being dismembered from mountain lions just over night. I won't get more graphic than that.

That's why I was puzzling this out MsF.

If he is the reason that her body was found "not intact" then I would assume he had time to spend after the initial crime was commited and she had been murdered.

So if he was the reason----then that means he had time and a place that was private in order to commit the initial crime---and to make sure her remains were not intact ---if he's the one that did do that.

So if he had time to plan for that---why not plan disposal too? Just pondering.

JMHO

Where did this info come from please?

JVM is reporting that several children claim a white van was following them the day before the abduction.

Regular NG is not on tonight. She is doing a special on the entwistle case.

that would be like a challenge and could instigate him to do something soon.
they don't want to give him the gratification of being that important.

I am sure NG will have this on tonight and probably an aunt or uncle of Jessica, and she will ask that awfull question like she always does- "How did you feel when you heard that your neice had been found....". I HATE it when victims family are asked that question. How the eff do you THINK they felt???

grr. Sorry to be OT.

I wish the LE officials had ended the presser by looking directly into the camera and addressing the killer...we are looking for you day and night....eventually we will find you. Until then there is no place you can hide, no place you can go without looking over your shoulder...We will not stop looking for you...

JMO

abbie

Someone has just tweeted that their 27 year old brother, an officer with Westminster PD, said “I hope to never go through this again in my career.”

It brings it home just how hard it is on all involved.

Sure, but we are talking about a scanner feed. Its very possible, and likely, that when the kid was asked "wait, this morning there was snow on the ground - are you sure it was today?" that he said "oooh, yeh, you are totally right, I forgot. That was yesterday". A scanner comment is one tiny, unverified piece of information that passed to a LE officer during an investigation.

Quite possible. IF the kid was asked. Do you have a link to the question and answer?

Thanks for the link Woe, I was wondering what Vicap was, have never heard of it before.

Violent Criminal Apprehension Program/ViCAP Web

The Violent Criminal Apprehension Program (ViCAP) maintains the largest investigative repository of violent crime cases in the United States. It is a web-based data information center designed to collect and analyze information about homicides, sexual assaults, missing persons, and unidentified human remains. ViCAP Web users compare information in an attempt to identify similar cases and help move investigations forward.

ViCAP’s mission is to facilitate cooperation and coordination between law enforcement agencies and to provide support to those agencies in their efforts to apprehend and prosecute violent serial offenders, especially those who cross jurisdictional boundaries.

Since its creation by the Department of Justice in 1985, more than 4,000 law enforcement agencies have submitted cases to ViCAP, and there are currently over 84,000 cases in the database. More than 4,000 investigators and analysts are registered users of the system, and together they forge a powerful nationwide network of professionals collaborating on a daily basis.

Law enforcement agencies may obtain access to ViCAP’s database via a secure Internet link on the Law Enforcement Online (LEO) network by contacting ViCAP at vicap@leo.gov, or by visiting www.leo.gov. Users can enter cases directly into ViCAP via the web and conduct queries on a real-time basis.

Yes another poster, Firefox?, and/or the PI, Bill Warner, has been educating about this much needed unification system to help catch criminals throughout the nation and even abroad. The local police departments have to be willing to participate and use the system by entering information and whatever else is required. Why any police department wouldn't cooperate, I really don't know.

In Jessica's case, I get the feeling they are sure the perp is local. :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD1908