CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a little OT...but I wanna share:
When I was growing up down here in the south, my momma used to sing all the time. She sang hymns mostly because that was what she knew best. I actually had a momma who cleaned the house and sang....she washed our clothes and sang...she ironed our clothes and sang.
My momma is a great grandmother now...and she is still singing! I was not raised as a racist person at all...but we have never had any other race in our family. We are all white. When my daughter fell in love with a young black man, I had so many fears. A period of self-examination ensued. It was very challenging for me and my husband. I hope that no one will think less of me for being honest about a vast array of uncertainty.
In the end, we loved and supported our daughter....and gained a son-in-law that we have grown to love as well. When they gave us our beautiful granddaughter, we fell in love!

My mother was the first one in line, behind me of course, to get ahold of that sweet baby. My mother adores her. It just so happens that my mother's mother is still living...so there are 5 generations of us here on this earth. My grandmother is 92 and blind. When she asked us to describe the baby to her, we all used the typical words....gorgeous, soft, pudgy. And then she asked, "Is she really a black baby?" We all burst out laughing! We realized we hadn't even thought of that. That's what love does. It changes the way we look at everything!

I love it when my momma holds my grandbaby and sings softly to her at bedtime. Momma says, "Honey, how does that new version of the old song go again?"
"What song, momma?"
"You know, honey....that new version of Jesus loves the little children. That's the one I wanna sing..."

My momma follows crimes but she doesn't like to get on the computer. And she gets really sad about these cases. She cries and gets depressed. So I told momma that we should sing and try not to be sad.
So Jessica...this song is for you from all the girls in my family...and me and momma are gonna sing it for you:

Jesus loves the little children,
All the children of the world....
Every color, every race,
All are covered by His grace....
Jesus loves the little children of the world.

I've been following this case from the beginning- this is my first time posting on Jessica's thread. Due to work and my own three little girls I spend most of my time trying to catch up and reading the thread backwards.
The biggest clue I have seen in this case thus far is that dogs tracked a scent to and from another elementary school to the location the backpack was found. If I were LE, I'd be asking for DNA samples of employees at that school. Perhaps they stayed late at the school, then left on foot to drop the backpack- and walked back to their vehicle. Are there any workers that may go between that school and the one Jessica attended, whom she may have recognized and felt comfortable taking a ride from? Teachers, administrators, janitors, substitute teachers, groundskeepers, anyone and everyone...Forgive me if this has been discussed (admittedly, I've missed some of the thread) but I just can't shake this theory.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Sierra Newbold????

If the OP was referring to Sierra's sad case, then it is not related. She was killed by a sick/twisted junkie neighbor, who attended the same church as her family. He is in jail and has been there since the murder. RIP Sweet Sierra ands Jessica. :rose:

I will post the link once again to the virtual candle room for Jessica and her loved ones that some of us were visiting two evenings ago, in case anyone would like to light another candle or light one for the first time. The candles burn for 48 hours.

Fifty-four persons from four countries have lit candles in Jessica's memory so far.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=JR-CO

When I was growing up down here in the south, my momma used to sing all the time. She sang hymns mostly because that was what she knew best. I actually had a momma who cleaned the house and sang....she washed our clothes and sang...she ironed our clothes and sang.
My momma is a great grandmother now...and she is still singing! I was not raised as a racist person at all...but we have never had any other race in our family. We are all white. When my daughter fell in love with a young black man, I had so many fears. A period of self-examination ensued. It was very challenging for me and my husband. I hope that no one will think less of me for being honest about a vast array of uncertainty.
In the end, we loved and supported our daughter....and gained a son-in-law that we have grown to love as well. When they gave us our beautiful granddaughter, we fell in love!

My mother was the first one in line, behind me of course, to get ahold of that sweet baby. My mother adores her. It just so happens that my mother's mother is still living...so there are 5 generations of us here on this earth. My grandmother is 92 and blind. When she asked us to describe the baby to her, we all used the typical words....gorgeous, soft, pudgy. And then she asked, "Is she really a black baby?" We all burst out laughing! We realized we hadn't even thought of that. That's what love does. It changes the way we look at everything!

I love it when my momma holds my grandbaby and sings softly to her at bedtime. Momma says, "Honey, how does that new version of the old song go again?"
"What song, momma?"
"You know, honey....that new version of Jesus loves the little children. That's the one I wanna sing..."

My momma follows crimes but she doesn't like to get on the computer. And she gets really sad about these cases. She cries and gets depressed. So I told momma that we should sing and try not to be sad.
So Jessica...this song is for you from all the girls in my family...and me and momma are gonna sing it for you:

Every color, every race,

Hugs Shefner!!!

"What song, momma?"

Every color, every race,

You made my tears start to come out. Oh, how I need those tears to come out.

"What song, momma?"

Every color, every race,

Shefner, that is so sweet.

It reminded me of my mama, who also sang her way through our days.

I hope no one will find this morbid!

When my mother died, I was sitting at her bedside holding her hand. I felt her spirit soar up out of her worn out body. Such a sense of joy came over me at the same time. I know her spirit rejoiced in her freedom just as I know the sun will rise tomorrow morning.

Whatever happened to Jessica, I know her spirit sprang free and is no longer affected by whoever did this.

"What song, momma?"

Every color, every race,

Beautiful and I needed that!

Is it possible that animals are to blame for the state of the remains? There must be some large predators in that area. In my immediate area we have coyotes, and bobcats and hawks, vultures and night owls. Any and all of them can do great bodily damage.

"What song, momma?"

Every color, every race,

This post is beautiful.

hi...I was just thinking about the state of her body. I have not read about it but have seen it discussed above that it may be ugh aggh so hard to write this....dismembered. Someone said that how could a first time offender get to this level so quickly. I was thinking that maybe they are getting the idea from previous child killings recently where the has tried to cover their tracks....ie sweet Zahra and Lieby Kletsky. If they have been maybe having these urges or whatever you call them for a while, then they would certainly have been interested in those cases which were very publicized. Just a thought....horrible sad thought at that.

The perp should be terrified of gray haired grannies. We can be a formidable force! Especially when some has harmed a child.

He should be VERRRY AFRAID of gray haired grannies!

I've been following this case from the beginning- this is my first time posting on Jessica's thread. Due to work and my own three little girls I spend most of my time trying to catch up and reading the thread backwards.
The biggest clue I have seen in this case thus far is that dogs tracked a scent to and from another elementary school to the location the backpack was found. If I were LE, I'd be asking for DNA samples of employees at that school. Perhaps they stayed late at the school, then left on foot to drop the backpack- and walked back to their vehicle. Are there any workers that may go between that school and the one Jessica attended, whom she may have recognized and felt comfortable taking a ride from? Teachers, administrators, janitors, substitute teachers, groundskeepers, anyone and everyone...Forgive me if this has been discussed (admittedly, I've missed some of the thread) but I just can't shake this theory.

I just want to point out (again, sorry to those of you who have heard this before!) we really don't know that the dogs tracked anything. All we know is that the dogs and their handlers walked from the backpack to the local elementary school and back. They were also seen walking on other roads in the area. It could just mean that the handlers were canvassing the area to see if there was a scent trail to pick up, or it could have been a trail. There is no way to know which from just an observation, and the reporter only said what she saw. No one has said that the dogs actually found any trail.

Yep, that's her. Was there a resolution to her case?

eTA: I just saw yr post Katy. Thanks! Just wondering if they could be related.

Yes, that was a devastatingly tragic case. Little Sierra was stolen from her bed in the middle of the night, while her parents were asleep down the hall. :mad:

But there has been an ironclad arrest and he is as guilty as sin, imo.

No way is it morbid. It certainly doesn't mean evil is good, but my grandma told me it's better to be with the Lord and i can remember her rocking in her chair singing On the wings of a dove.

hi...I was just thinking about the state of her body. I have not read about it but have seen it discussed above that it may be ugh aggh so hard to write this....dismembered. Someone said that how could a first time offender get to this level so quickly. I was thinking that maybe they are getting the idea from previous child killings recently where the has tried to cover their tracks....ie sweet Zahra and Lieby Kletsky. If they have been maybe having these urges or whatever you call them for a while, then they would certainly have been interested in those cases which were very publicized. Just a thought....horrible sad thought at that.

Well, I hope he is copying those cases, as both those killers were caught!
I keep thinking this killer might be a fan of Dexter for some reason (I haven't seen much of it, I just remember one particularly gory episode involving dismemberment).

It's an interesting thought... maybe a teacher or someone from the school that worked at Jessica's school previously and transferred to this other school.

Is it possible that animals are to blame for the state of the remains? There must be some large predators in that area. In my immediate area we have coyotes, and bobcats and hawks, vultures and night owls. Any and all of them can do great bodily damage.

I think that's a very good possibility.

I was walking the road that Ibnora (i'm thinking that's who posted the address) posted back thread and it just doesn't make sense that he would just drop her off there.

There are a lot of other places that I saw that made more sense.

I'm wondering (specualation alert!)---if he used one of the outbuildings you see there at that address to commit the initial crime, murdered her and then left her in the bldg. It was the predatory animals that made her to be found "not intact" and ultimately were the reason she was found---because she wasn't in the bldg.

Just pure speculation on my part. JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member