CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the 9news report, the guy in the blue car GOT OUT OF THE CAR AND APPROACHED THE KID, and told him to get in the car! The kid ran in his house and got his mom. I don't think that's a hoax, a prank, or hysteria.

ITA, it is possible he was simply motioning the kid over to ask a question. Never dreaming that it would be interpreted as an attempted abduction. Reading some of the posts here that are assuming for some reason that he is Jessica's killer, it worries me that someone will go after him. We just don't know.

I think if he was innocent, he would have exited the car when he saw the mom and asked her his question, etc. He acted unusual, got the fat outta dodge as soon as he saw her, and had no tag. Somethings weird about him....

9News live newscast reports:

13 yr old walking home from playing with friends. Man told him to get inside. He ran screaming, man got out of the car trying to get him before getting back into the car.

Oh my, that is a very different story than I read earlier. Earlier, and sorry I'm not sure where, I read that the man had just motioned to the boy to come over to the car. Puts a entirely different light on it.

Concerning the location of Jessica's body:

At 00:08 into this video, you can see, what I belive is, the exact location of jessica's body (red circle):

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1898039123001/

And here is a screen shot:

JESSICARIDGEWA3.jpg

So, IMO there is no doubt that Jessica's body was found behind the fence, and NOT in the drain pipe.

The suggestion, some posters have made, that an animal might have moved her body from the drain pipe does not work IMO because an animal would not have been able to move it pass the fence.

God bless LE and emergency workers who will forever remember these images. I have family members that are emergency workers and the toll of seeing others like this, but especially children is something that haunts them forever. It is too often forgotten what lengths these people go mentally, emotionally, and physically in cases like these. Words cannot express my appreciation.

In the 9news report, the guy in the blue car GOT OUT OF THE CAR AND APPROACHED THE KID, and told him to get in the car! The kid ran in his house and got his mom. I don't think that's a hoax, a prank, or hysteria.

The alleged actions aren't, but the hand-waving, leap to conclusions (killer! that's the killer! get him!) are.

It would be my belief this person is local to the area, and obviously after abducting JR felt un worried about being found to do what he did. I would assume it would take sometime to do that to a body, so he was not concerned about anyone "stopping by" so to speak....

This person is one sick SOB and dangerous, it is obvious he/she is toying with LE. I would be certain IMOO that he/she has done this before ....

Is that damage along the rear door and quarter panel, or just a reflection?

Can't tell, but the subject 4-door blue car has damage on the passenger side.

If you watch the video interview from the mom on kdvr.com the story sounds a lot different. The 9news report seems more sensationalized compared to hearing from the mom IMO. Take a look for yourselves.It's down the page, second video screen.

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/13/man-attempted-to-abduct-13-year-old-boy-in-golden/

We are aware of the problem with pages loading, etc. and we are looking into it, guys. Just hang on because it might take a bit of time.

Salem

What would be the purpose for calling a kid over to your car? I wouldn't do it in a million years....

We are aware of the problem with pages loading, etc. and we are looking into it, guys. Just hang on because it might take a bit of time.

Salem

OK...sorry to bother you guys, Salem. I haven't been able to get on enough to see anyone else mention it. Thank you!

If you watch the video interview from the mom on kdvr.com the story sounds a lot different. The 9news report seems more sensationalized compared to hearing from the mom IMO. Take a look for yourselves.It's down the page, second video screen.

Yeah, I agree. I mean I would not look right into her face if I was trying to kidnap a child. And taking off once she started taking pictures of him is not really surprising either. He could have wanted directions.

The mother says nothing at all about this man getting out of the car. If I were parked and someone stepped out to take my picture, I'd act squirrely too. We will have to wait for the real story to come out I think. If it ever does.

Someone earlier was mention work uniforms. Did a Google and Pizza Hut drivers have the cap and shirt in red. Did another Google, Pizza Hut is 12 mins away from the location of the attempt tonight.

Just an FYI. I have firefox with and have had absolutely no problems and I've been here most of the day from early this morning.

So what if the blue sedan from today is just some poor guy that was just passing by and some paranoid people misinterpreted him. And he's scared to death? Just a thought. I hope nobody takes law in own hands tonight.

The woman that took the picture was on the news talking about it, I can't find it online. She seemed to describe a deer in the headlights kind of, what are you looking at, stare from the guy in the car. Maybe a slow realization that he was being eyed and then took off. I wonder... Maybe he really didn't have a clue?

The alleged actions aren't, but the hand-waving, leap to conclusions (killer! that's the killer! get him!) are.
I understand what you are saying but some of us actually read the articles and view the videos before we comment. Some of us actually understand that this guy in this blue car matches the description of two other attempted lurings of two young boys. It would be cool if they could catch him and find out who he is and what he is doing before he actually manages to get anyone. Personally, I don't think he has anything to do with the Jessica Ridgeway abduction and murder. But I do think the blue car guy today was up to no good.

As difficult as it sometimes is, I try to skip over the kinds of comments you are referring to because I find them too upsetting.

The bookbag was found Sunday. I think he ditched the body too on Sunday, then drove a bit north and ditched the bookbag.

He probably lives east/northeast of where her body and bookbag were found.

3 quick points:

Having a 13 year old daughter and being familiar with her classmates, I can add that 13 yr old boys can look 10 or 15. It is a stage that allows for huge variations in development. If the other boys were younger, and this one is a young looking 13, that could still fit in the pedophile without a gender preference category.

And IMO, I am leaning towards Jessica and they boy-attempted-abductions are not the same perp. Unless, of course, the perp is thinking he is about to get arrested (LE has visited his home?) and he is frantically trying to get another crime in before he goes down. But my thoughts are, no way would Jessica's killer be crusing for more kids in daylight in an untagged car in the same general area when the heat is so high.

Lastly, I agree that we have no reason to think this perp is a criminal mastermind at this point. We don't know that he dumped the remains and the backpack and "nobody saw him". LE could have 200 tips of people seeing cars parked or driving in both dump sites, and could be matching the vehicle descriptions to POIs or RSOs and visiting their homes before putting out a BOLO on the cars and alerting the perp they are onto him.
The strangest part IMO is the public location of the backpack, that's is strange thing. It makes me wonder "why?" but it doesn't take a genius to put a backpack on a sidewalk. It makes you wonder his motive, but it could be simple. He could have been heading to visit someone nearby and last minute decided to drop it. He could have had LE pass him on the road, and pulled into the nearest subdivision to evade them, and put the backpack out before getting back on the road. I am not convinced he was "trying to leave a message". It might have been a convenient place. Wonder if anyone in that neighborhood invited a boyfriend over between 7-1? Ordered a pizza?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro