CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts exactly. Every person in this state wants this killer hung from a tree, and now that we've seen his car, his days as free man are numbered.

I'm glad he's such an idiot that he got caught in a photo like this.

I'm mad as a wet cat right now, just furious.

We have NO evidence that the man in the photo in the blue car is Jessica's killer. Unless I have missed something.

Was wondering, have read the thread...sorry....has it been confirmed she was sexually assaulted? For some very strange reason my gut is telling me she wasn't.

They have not released the autopsy results.

:(

Was wondering, havent read the thread...sorry....has it been confirmed she was sexually assaulted? For some very strange reason my gut is telling me she wasn't.

No information on that point at all.

Was wondering, have read the thread...sorry....has it been confirmed she was sexually assaulted? For some very strange reason my gut is telling me she wasn't.

AFAIK, it has not been mentioned by LE. Might be awhile before they confirm much of anything. But the same thought crossed my mind, that maybe she wasn't.

So what if the blue sedan from today is just some poor guy that was just passing by and some paranoid people misinterpreted him. And he's scared to death? Just a thought. I hope nobody takes law in own hands tonight.

The woman that took the picture was on the news talking about it, I can't find it online. She seemed to describe a deer in the headlights kind of, what are you looking at, stare from the guy in the car. Maybe a slow realization that he was being eyed and then took off. I wonder... Maybe he really didn't have a clue?

My thoughts exactly. Every person in this state wants this killer hung from a tree, and now that we've seen his car, his days as free man are numbered.

I'm glad he's such an idiot that he got caught in a photo like this.

I'm mad as a wet cat right now, just furious.
Whoa, cakegirl, slow down a minute. The guy in the blue car is wanted for an attempted abduction, not for the murder of Jessica. It gets a little confusing around here sometimes.

An attempted abduction of a 13 year old and maybe a crime scene in Superior. Someone found something on the street.

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/13/man-attempted-to-abduct-13-year-old-boy-in-golden/

Honestly, I know this needs to be checked out, but it rings false, like a prank or hysteria to me. Who's that stupid? While the entire state is looking for this predator, he's going to be driving around w/o a license plate (talk about a sure way to get pulled over by police!) in daylight trying to accost a 13 year old boy?

Was wondering, havent read the thread...sorry....has it been confirmed she was sexually assaulted? For some very strange reason my gut is telling me she wasn't.
NO! We know virtually nothing. The police are not talking and I hope it stays that way for awhile.

We have NO evidence that the man in the photo in the blue car is Jessica's killer. Unless I have missed something.

Sighh. I already explained myself. Go back and read what I amended my statement to mean, please.

That is how it is in our area. And for us, anyway, these are not on a regular basis. It's not like every Wednesday someone comes and cleans up the trash. It's kind of arbitrary and can sometimes not happen for months, so maybe the perp thought he was going to get more time before she was found and got unlucky. Left her out for the animals, but she got found too soon. Just a thought.

Considering the graffiti on the structures at the top of the hill, I think it is possible that he was hoping a teenager would find her.

So what if the blue sedan from today is just some poor guy that was just passing by and some paranoid people misinterpreted him. And he's scared to death? Just a thought. I hope nobody takes law in own hands tonight.

The woman that took the picture was on the news talking about it, I can't find it online. She seemed to describe a deer in the headlights kind of, what are you looking at, stare from the guy in the car. Maybe a slow realization that he was being eyed and then took off. I wonder... Maybe he really didn't have a clue?

ITA, it is possible he was simply motioning the kid over to ask a question. Never dreaming that it would be interpreted as an attempted abduction. Reading some of the posts here that are assuming for some reason that he is Jessica's killer, it worries me that someone will go after him. We just don't know.

it rings false, like a prank or hysteria to me.

I vote hysteria.

There's lots of it around.

Lots of emotion & very little common sense.

Whoa, cakegirl, slow down a minute. The guy in the blue car is wanted for an attempted abduction, not for the murder of Jessica. It gets a little confusing around here sometimes.

No one even KNOWS that this person actually attempted an abduction! Even the mom said shes not so sure...

So slow it on down! People need to keep their wits about them and be sensible. The last thing needed is another senseless tragedy.

I have wondered this too - especially as the boy had time to get inside, tell mum about what had happened, then mum grabbed her camera in time to get a photo. Am thinking that maybe someone with more sinister intentions may have driven off pretty quickly ... :waitasec:

What has been going on with WS today? I have been frozen up and locked out here off and on. I could still read sometimes on my Kindle or Phone...but the computer has been going wild. Every time I got ready to post, the page would lock up. Frustrating indeed. Was it just me?

If I had a child in Colorado, I would be watching his every move....if this blue car, candy enticer isn't Jessica's killer, he's awfully brazen to be trying to pick up kids right now.

The body was found roughly a half mile from the closest house. The hills are not all that steep so you could hike almost directly from the house to the drop spot.

Does that mean the old shack on top of the hill is only about a quarter of a mile from the houses? Or is it in a different direction?

Sighh. I already explained myself. Go back and read what I amended my statement to mean, please.

Still reads the same for me. Maybe your amendment didn't post? Or maybe the site is still acting up.

Just saw about the attempted abduction. I googled mapped that golden is 25 min from Westminister. Any thoughts on if same perp since it was a boy that was lured? Perp was described as young. Copy cat? Unrelated? The perp?

Can't get on WS online so missing a lot of what is going on. WS only works on my phone tonight

Hard to say. Unfortunately, creepy stuff happens all the time, especially in large metropolitan areas like Denver. The heightened awareness means that these suspicious incidents get noticed more by people wondering if they have something to do with the case. Often they don't. Sometimes the heightened awareness even leads to innocent things getting treated suspiciously, like when an off-duty cop stopped to see if a little girl who had fallen off her bike was OK around the time Somer Thompson was abducted. It was reported as an abduction attempt until the cop was ID'd.

This does seem very suspicious to me. That car needs to be found and I really hope it leads to whoever attacked Jessica, but I also know that unrelated disturbing incidents happen very frequently in a city the size of Denver.

Hi everyone. Im so sad Jessica's life ended this horrible way. This case reminds me so much of Somers that I had to step away. Brings back all the memories of sleuthing every RSO in her vicinity. Monster was right there on her way home from school, just waiting. But he wasnt an RSO yet.. they have to start some where, right?

Much respect and love to all of you who ride these cases til the end. I hope the is caught soooooon before he can hurt anyone else...

Keeping all who loved Jessica in my prayers, as well as all of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme