Found Deceased CO - Joseph Keller, 18, Antonito, 23 July 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no specific factors that correlate with a susceptibility to altitude sickness, although physical activity can be a factor in onset and severity.

And, of course, altitude sickness would not be a necessary factor in misadventure -- just a plausible one.

BTW, Angelica Sandoval disappeared four and almost a half years before Joe did, over fifty miles away from where Joe did, and in another county, under completely dissimilar circumstances.

The only thing that I can think of, is maybe the poster meant San Luis Valley and not Conejos County.

The San Luis Valley spans 8 thousand square miles. That's a lot of miles and counties.
http://www.sangres.com/colorado/slv.htm#maincontent

I agree, Angelica Sandoval went missing under dissimilar circumstances. I see no parallel.

IMOO.

Yes, I think that is a plausible theory, though I still remain hopeful that he is alive. Regarding the dizzy component, it's still questionable to me, because he was in such good physical shape and a swimmer. Being a runner and swimmer would certainly help, I would think, regarding that - maybe not. Since you have said this, it makes me wonder if anyone has asked the friend jogging with him if he himself experienced any symptoms relating to altitude. I know each individual differs in how their bodies process things, but it might be helpful to know if the friend had any problems with dizziness during his run.

I also wanted to ask a question ... still confused on so much regarding this case. Was the plan for the two boys to meet back at the ranch, or was it for them to meet back wherever they split up on the road before the friend went ahead? Thank you.

I know that Angela Sandavol was in a different area. Its rumored that Antonito,Alamosa,n Monte Vista, is controlled by a Hispanic drug gang, KingDeMonte.

Treelights that was her fiancees cousin not Angelas. Before Angelica was missing one of her cousins vanished. I get deleted when i mention names.

I think you can bring up map of the Forest Road on google maps. Ive seen the map and the route they ran.

No, Collin did not suffer from altitude sickness. These 2 guys hiked 85 miles of the Appalachian. They was use to altitude and Joe was very skilled survivalist. All rumor of course lol :\)

I know that Angela Sandavol was in a different area. Its rumored that Antonito,Alamosa,n Monte Vista, is controlled by a Hispanic drug gang, KingDeMonte.

Treelights that was her fiancees cousin not Angelas. Before Angelica was missing one of her cousins vanished. I get deleted when i mention names.

I think you can bring up map of the Forest Road on google maps. Ive seen the map and the route they ran.

No, Collin did not suffer from altitude sickness. These 2 guys hiked 85 miles of the Appalachian. They was use to altitude and Joe was very skilled survivalist. All rumor of course lol :\)

Do you have anything to support even the existence of this drug gang? Sometimes when a person is lost, there's a tendency to want to blame it on some Evil Other. This can take on a racial tone. Unfortunately.

NOTE: That's not to say that there is no drug activity in the Valley.

The violent crime rates in the San Luis Valley do not, as far as I can tell, tend to support a claim that the Valley, you know, lives in fear. As of 2013 stats, the violent crime rate in Conejos County was 85 per 100,000 of population. For Alamosa County, it's 14.5 per 100,000. For Rio Grande County (Monte Vista), it's 25.4/100,000 population. Contrast this with, for example, the 793 per 100,000 of the two counties that make up the Cleveland, Tennessee statistical (for census purpose) region.

The highest elevation of the Appalachians is 6683 feet, a point at which altitude sickness is almost non-existant. So, their travel there is irrelevant.

And let's not lose sight of the fact that Joe was 25 miles outside of Antonito, on a road to nothing but wilderness and recreation.

You mentioned in a previous post that this was not opinion but facts.

Can you point me to the link that states that Angelica's cousin vanished?

If it is fact, then you found it somehow. Where is the link located?

If this person is missing and it is in MSM then you can post that missing person.

Did you find the link in the WS thread for Angelica?

I will locate the link and post it, if you tell me the name of the missing person related to Angelica if you found it in MSM, and the name of the link.

When you state it as fact not opinion, you have to back up your links, per TOS rules to WS.

And as far as you getting things deleted when you mention names, have you mentioned names of missing people with proper links to MSM articles?

I don't understand.

IMOO.

If so many people are coming up missing from the same area, someone should start profiling each case for similar patterns. There may be a serial killer working at the ranch, or living in a nearby town.

However, none of that is fact unless there are ways to search for the information. If there is no trail for each accounting, and no names to research, it can only be considered speculation.

Good Post. Absolutely. If there is no trail and no names to search then it is deemed speculation, imoo.

IMOO.

1 child was recovered, the mother ran the man down and saved her child. 5 has vanished and never found their bodys. 3 was visitors at the ranch, Angelica Sandavol, n Angelica Sandavols cousin. Source Websleuths and Valley Courier. This is not my opinion but facts.

Bolding mine. If this were true (It's not), law enforcement would definitely be investigating Joe's aunt who owns (or, at least, operates) the ranch.

Also, I've reviewed all of the follow-up media coverage of the A. Sandoval case and nowhere does either side of the family mention that, oh yeah, they're missing her cousin, too.

And (last post from me for tonight), the admin on the FB page for J. Keller has just reported on the effects of altitude on the running companion. I'm rusty at WS policy. What's permissible?

And (last post from me for tonight), the admin on the FB page for J. Keller has just reported on the effects of altitude on the running companion. I'm rusty at WS policy. What's permissible?
Provide the link to the FJK Facebook page, let us know a date, and we'll all scurry over. I'm sure we can discuss our opinions of what we read, but since it's not MSM we would be fully advised to take anything we read there (and sometimes here) with a grain of salt.

Provide the link to the FJK Facebook page, let us know a date, and we'll all scurry over. I'm sure we can discuss our opinions of what we read, but since it's not MSM we would be fully advised to take anything we read there (and sometimes here) with a grain of salt.

https://www.facebook.com/FindJoeKeller?fref=ts

It's a question in "Visitor Posts" on the left side of the screen and it starts "Regarding the concerns that the high altitude might..."

Summary: The admin of the Find Joe Keller FB page, who I believe to be a close relative of Joe's running companion, says that the running companion had to slow down a few times and, at the end of the run, vomited.

Hearsay, you say? I concur. Grains of salt as needed.

Hey guys,

Remember no rumors allowed per TOS. Please back your facts up with MSM links. If you are stating opinion, please use IMO or JMO.

If you're not sure contact a mod via pm or alerting a post and we'll be glad to help.

:tyou:

1 child was recovered, the mother ran the man down and saved her child. 5 has vanished and never found their bodys. 3 was visitors at the ranch, Angelica Sandavol, n Angelica Sandavols cousin. Source Websleuths and Valley Courier. This is not my opinion but facts.

Please link your sources. Thank you!

https://www.facebook.com/FindJoeKeller?fref=ts

It's a question in "Visitor Posts" on the left side of the screen and it starts "Regarding the concerns that the high altitude might..."

Summary: The admin of the Find Joe Keller FB page, who I believe to be a close relative of Joe's running companion, says that the running companion had to slow down a few times and, at the end of the run, vomited.

Hearsay, you say? I concur. Grains of salt as needed.
Google the phrase "symptoms of altitude sickness in adults", pick your favorite 'most likely' symptoms from the list, post it as fact even though it's NEVER been brought up before. Ever. Anywhere. JMO You can keep your grains. I have enough salt, thank you.

Google the phrase "symptoms of altitude sickness in adults", pick your favorite 'most likely' symptoms from the list, post it as fact even though it's NEVER been brought up before. Ever. Anywhere. JMO You can keep your grains. I have enough salt, thank you.

And the thing is, if this were to be truthful, why was this knowledge withheld from the public?

Why did they wait for several hours, then go look for him?

Surely, if the friend was throwing up, one can assume that it could have happened to Joe, but yet they waited a couple hours before even searching.

" "But after two hours passed and he didn't come home, we went out looking." "
http://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/weeks-after-teen-vanishes-during-run-still-no-answers-n412306

IMOO.

Responding to Gigtu's post ...

I'm sorry, I'm confused. Are you saying the possibility that his disappearance could be attributed to a fall from becoming disoriented, dizzy, ill, etc. from high altitude has not been brought up before? Here or elsewhere? Thanks ...

...post it as fact even though it's NEVER been brought up before. Ever. Anywhere. JMO You can keep your grains. I have enough salt, thank you.

You mean the stuff I clearly labeled as hearsay? And, yes, altitude sickness and accident/injury/fatality have been discussed relative to this case from very early on. Please review the early pages of this discussion. I'm not really sure what objection or emotion you are trying to advance in this post, exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24