CO - Kara Nichols, 19, Colorado Springs, 9 Oct 2012, found deceased 2022 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Michelle Bart from NWCAVE and Dina Wood, Kara's high school teacher have a voice for Kara and the family on tonight's BTR with Glendene Grant, mother of missing daughter Jessie Foster. Click the link to listen to podcast.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/missin...-missing-teen-kara-nichols-with-michelle-bart

This is a must listen to...very very interesting revelations

At 15:50 into the podcast Michelle Bart is talking about Kara. Here is a quote i wrote down from what she says about Kara leaving her home on Oct 9th.

.."she left there against her will or she left there in a hurry...or she was chased out of there or something occurred in that house...and you know three days later when it was finally reported to police that she was missing.."

WOW....THREE DAYS LATER Kara was reported mssing. It osunds like something may have happened in the home...at the beginning of the podcast it is said that there is no indication that that ping on Kara's phone was made by Kara utilising her phone, it could well have been made by someone other than her at 11:45pm.

This really is an interestig discussion and well worth listening to..Brittanee Drexel's mother takes part in the discussion too.

How in the world did Kara's family and Brittanee's mom get hooked up with Michelle Bart of all people? SMH

Thanks for telling us about the show, Michelle. I found it to be very informative. It was a nice touch for Glendene to have Kara's teacher on. The teacher did a great job of describing Kara as much more than an aspiring lingerie model.

Maybe Kara's and Brittanee's families didn't follow Caylee Anthony's case. It's a shame. There are good missing persons organizations out there that would be happy to help them.

This is so frustrating for me. They want the public's help in finding the brunette women, but really don't offer much more. That tidbit about Kara leaving in a hurry or against her will is really important and should have been made public 2 months ago. I think this is a case where they played things so close to the vest they lost it. I really hope I'm wrong. But I've always felt that if Kara was alive, she would have contacted her family. And the way they've let little tidbits out every few weeks is NOT the way to find someone and keep the public's interest. Memories fade and evidence is compromised. I can't blame her family, they've obviously never gone through something like this before. My heart breaks for them-Christmas is near, and their baby girl is still missing. I hope they get closure, sooner rather than later.

Frustrating that there isn't more about Kara in the media, and that details aren't more forthcoming as stuff we could use here to help out in some way. I feel for Kara's family especially, as spamelope said, with Christmas coming up you just hope there is some way for her to be found safe, and come home.

The fact that Kara wasn't reported missing until the 12th October is really setting alarms ringing. Why would her roommate not alert authorities earlier?? Something is very odd here, and my initial take on what may have happened to Kara has now changed.

We only have Kara's roommates word that she she left with the two brunettes...hmmm, if the roommate was at home when Kara left (as indicated by the fact she thought Kara had only popped out and would be returning shortly after, after leaving personal items), then why would Michelle Bart suggest that something may have happened at Kara's home?

Who is this roommate and what is her connection to the brunettes? How long had Kara known the roomate/s, because we know Kara had left her job at the restaurant to go and live with family in chicago (i may be wrong on location) for a while and had recently returned to Colorado. Was the roommate connected to or interested in modelling like Kara? ....so many questions. ..but now my biggest one is WHAT HAPPENED IN THE TIME LEADING UP TO KARA LEAVING HER HOME?

I wouldn't call "Kara left in a hurry, was chased out or something happened to her in that house" a new information. IMO it's the simple, logical conclusion of the fact that she left her purse and money behind, which they said already long ago.

Even the fact she wasn't reported missing for a few days seems absolutely normal to me IF she really called her roommate and told her she went to Denver for work. Her roommate might have thought Kara got the gig and stayed there. Maybe thought she went to a party there after and is sleeping by someone she knows. We don't know how well they knew each other, how much of their life they shared with one another. If every young people would call the police when they young roommate doesn't come home for a day or two, I think the police wouldn't have time to do any other work than to write up missing persons reports all day. I would only be concerned about this if they used to share everything about their life with one another all the time. My opinion would be completely different if she disappeared from home where everybody would have known her routine, but that's not the case here.

Unfortunately, I think the people who Kara was with tricked her into or forced her to call her roommate to say she went to Denver, to make her roommate feel at ease and to delay her in reporting Kara missing. I hope she is alive and LE will be able to find her.

Of course it could also be possible something happened to Kara in that house and the roommate knows it, but as of now I don't see any indication of it and LE seems to think otherwise too. I would also think in that case they would also have disposed of her purse somewhere. They/she/he would have had a few days to think through what else should be missing with Kara to make the story credible before reporting her missing to LE.

I wouldn't call "Kara left in a hurry, was chased out or something happened to her in that house" a new information. IMO it's the simple, logical conclusion of the fact that she left her purse and money behind, which they said already long ago.

To me, that is new info for the simple fact that the roommate has said Kara stepped out saying she may be going to Denver to see about a (modelling?) job. and did not return. If Kara was chased out of the house, how did this happen when supposedly the roommate was at home?

Even the fact she wasn't reported missing for a few days seems absolutely normal to me IF she really called her roommate and told her she went to Denver for work. Her roommate might have thought Kara got the gig and stayed there. Maybe thought she went to a party there after and is sleeping by someone she knows. We don't know how well they knew each other, how much of their life they shared with one another. If every young people would call the police when they young roommate doesn't come home for a day or two, I think the police wouldn't have time to do any other work than to write up missing persons reports all day. I would only be concerned about this if they used to share everything about their life with one another all the time. My opinion would be completely different if she disappeared from home where everybody would have known her routine, but that's not the case here.

As far as i know, Kara didn't call her roommate to say she was going to Denver...she just mentioned and then left....i see your point though, maybe the roommate thought she had just stayed with friends BUT having said that, the roommate herself thought that Kara would be back shortly because she had left her personal possessions behind...i myself would be worried by the next day, especially if my friends phone was unavailable...

Of course it could also be possible something happened to Kara in that house and the roommate knows it, but as of now I don't see any indication of it and LE seems to think otherwise too. I would also think in that case they would also have disposed of her purse somewhere. They/she/he would have had a few days to think through what else should be missing with Kara to make the story credible before reporting her missing to LE.

I suppose we are all left quessing as we have so little information. I think there must be a good reason the PD is keeping their cards close to their chest...i'm hoping anyway.

Listening to Michelle Bart, I did not learn anything new. Saying that Kara was "chased out of the house" and whatever else she said was based upon her opinion, not on any evidence found. Like she said, she is just a publicist and not a private investigator. I think by now it is pretty clear to most people that Kara is not staying away by her own choice but Michelle adding in things like that isn't helping. If she wants to be the voice for Kara then it would be more helpful if she gave us facts about the case.

Maybe my view on the radio show are one-sided because I am not a fan of Michelle Bart. Hopefully her involvement with Kara changes my mind for the better...

Listening to Michelle Bart, I did not learn anything new. Saying that Kara was "chased out of the house" and whatever else she said was based upon her opinion, not on any evidence found. Like she said, she is just a publicist and not a private investigator. I think by now it is pretty clear to most people that Kara is not staying away by her own choice but Michelle adding in things like that isn't helping. If she wants to be the voice for Kara then it would be more helpful if she gave us facts about the case.

Maybe my view on the radio show are one-sided because I am not a fan of Michelle Bart. Hopefully her involvement with Kara changes my mind for the better...

I took what she said as fact..only because she is working closely with Kara's family, and more than likely will know more than we, the general public will know. Although, i do not know of this womans repretation in regards to helping the families of missing people.

The way the media reports news is very different in the US as compared to the UK..i found that out listening to live broadcasts regarding Jessica Ridgeways disappearance.

This is so frustrating for me. They want the public's help in finding the brunette women, but really don't offer much more. That tidbit about Kara leaving in a hurry or against her will is really important and should have been made public 2 months ago. I think this is a case where they played things so close to the vest they lost it. I really hope I'm wrong. But I've always felt that if Kara was alive, she would have contacted her family. And the way they've let little tidbits out every few weeks is NOT the way to find someone and keep the public's interest. Memories fade and evidence is compromised. I can't blame her family, they've obviously never gone through something like this before. My heart breaks for them-Christmas is near, and their baby girl is still missing. I hope they get closure, sooner rather than later.

Agree about the frustration!
Also, I think too much has been made of Kara's aspiring modeling.... and then there's mention of sex-trafficing - I often see "sex-trafficing", "owing drug dealers money" as reasons for abduction when a case is going cold.... saw it with Sierra Lamar's case, Lauren Spierier case, Holly Bobo's case, Mickey Shudnick's case... yet, of the two of these cases that have been solved, it turned out to be nothing just a low-life .

To me, that is new info for the simple fact that the roommate has said Kara stepped out saying she may be going to Denver to see about a (modelling?) job. and did not return. If Kara was chased out of the house, how did this happen when supposedly the roommate was at home?
What I heard on the show sounded like speculation and I never actually heard the roommate saying that Kara was chased out of the house.
However an article of the cbs denver on November 20TH already said:
Nichols’ roommate said the missing teen quickly left their residence, leaving behind a purse and cash. Her roommate expected her to come right back in, but she never did. http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/11/20/springs-police-call-aspiring-teen-models-disappearance-suspicious/
This again are the journalist's words not the roommate's and one could read it many ways. She could have made that assumption because she saw Kara's purse laying there when she came home or she could have been in her own room and when she came out she could have seen the purse and not Kara or she could have seen Kara going out of the door without it. I can't determine which one is the truth without actually hearing her exact words used.

As far as i know, Kara didn't call her roommate to say she was going to Denver...she just mentioned and then left....i see your point though, maybe the roommate thought she had just stayed with friends BUT having said that, the roommate herself thought that Kara would be back shortly because she had left her personal possessions behind...i myself would be worried by the next day, especially if my friends phone was unavailable...

You're absolutely right, we don't know if she called her. We don't know if her last phone usage at 11:45 pm was a call, sms or just a ping. My mistake, I remembered wrong and I hope I'm not created a rumor...
Some people would worry if their roommate is not back at certain period, some wouldn't. The same with the availability of the phone. It all depends on how often they usually communicated.

Also, I think too much has been made of Kara's aspiring modeling.... and then there's mention of sex-trafficing - I often see "sex-trafficing", "owing drug dealers money" as reasons for abduction when a case is going cold.... saw it with Sierra Lamar's case, Lauren Spierier case, Holly Bobo's case, Mickey Shudnick's case... yet, of the two of these cases that have been solved, it turned out to be nothing just a low-life .

Hopefully, the police are looking at various angles because like you said, it could be as simple as a "low-life " took her rather than she got dragged into a vast sex-trafficking operation. The "aspiring lingerie model" angle could be a total red herring for all we know.

I wonder why such very limited information is being released by LE. They asked for the publics help in finding one of the brunettes, and then after doing so, keep very tight lipped about the info obtained from this woman...why? There must be good reason for this, but i can't think what it could be...

I think that this "sex-trafficking" angle comes into play because after some time when a person still isn't found, we still don't want to believe they are likely dead and have been since not long after they disappeared. At least with the "sex-trafficking" scenario, the missing person would still be alive and rescuable.

And yes, in most cases it's not sex trafficking but a sexual predator/murderer that's responsible for a girl's disappearance. Sex trafficking, as awful as it, is easier for us normal people to wrap our heads around as far as the motive versus guys (well, mostly guys) who abduct, attack, and kill for their own sick kicks.

I generally discount the possibility of trafficking in most cases. This isn't necessarily one of them, though. I think this is one of the few cases where there MAY be some small likelihood trafficking did occur.

I think that this "sex-trafficking" angle comes into play because after some time when a person still isn't found, we still don't want to believe they are likely dead and have been since not long after they disappeared. At least with the "sex-trafficking" scenario, the missing person would still be alive and rescuable.

And yes, in most cases it's not sex trafficking but a sexual predator/murderer that's responsible for a girl's disappearance. Sex trafficking, as awful as it, is easier for us normal people to wrap our heads around as far as the motive versus guys (well, mostly guys) who abduct, attack, and kill for their own sick kicks.

I generally discount the possibility of trafficking in most cases. This isn't necessarily one of them, though. I think this is one of the few cases where there MAY be some small likelihood trafficking did occur.

Great post. I suppose hope is all any of us have, if we don't have hope we have nothing.

http://www.facebook.com/HelpUsFindKaraNichols?ref=ts&fref=ts

Nichols Family Updates: Today marks 70 days since our daughter Kara Nichols was last seen and heard from. Kara is a daughter, a sister, a niece, a granddaughter and a friend who would call home if she could; she vanished without a trace on October 9th and we continue looking for answers to where our daughter is and what happened to her.

We don’t have much to report on as there’s not much new from the investigation into Kara’s disappearance. We do know investigators are still looking to interview a brunette, one in which Kara was last seen with. Another brunette whose photo was released by police last month was brought in and released; she is not a person of interest. The other unidentified brunette however is still at large and police have not had the opportunity to interview her. They don’t have a photo to provide the public but if anyone happens to know who she may be, please call the El Pasco County Sheriff’s Office with your information or email to findkaranichols@gmail.com.

(BBM) Snippet from new post on Kara'a page.

Interesting terminology "still at large", regarding the brunette yet to be interviewed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob84999381
Back