CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For Kayleah, it's not just sometimes, though. Every single status update and post is mobile. I can only see one of her mom's updates, but I see it's from a mobile device too. Maybe it has something to do with their internet setup. Hmm.

I don't understand letting kids walk alone, either. I will sometimes let mine walk with a friend, but they have to call me when they arrive, AND before they leave to come home. if they were to leave for home and I didn't realize they had left, and they never made it... well, we at WS all know what can happen, and minutes count.

Back to Kayleah... My hinky meter is going off with this case. I can't put my finger on it yet, though.

ITA! I don't even let my children play in the front yard, you almost can't these days.

O/T, I joined back during the CA case (my birthplace had been hacked "IS') but I still have followed here since. I want to say you guys are some amazing posters. Keep up the good work.

Good they have called in the FBI. There are some red flags here to me - foster care, non-custodial father, 17-year-old boyfriend! She's only 12 for crying out loud. I would pity the 17-year-old boy who even tried to go near my daughter when she was 12!

We live in a gated community with security and I still make sure that I watch my girls walk next door to their friend's house. I don't allow them to play outside unless myself or another parent will be sitting outside with them. I have made sure that their friend's parents know this rule for them. I don't care if the other parents think I am over protective for doing that. A lot of them let their kids run through the neighborhood, especially during the summer evenings, since it is a gated community.

When I was 14-15, I would walk home from school down a very busy main street. Twice, I had a guy that followed me and tried to get me in his car. This was in the middle of the day AND on the busy street. There were plenty of people around to see but he didn't care and tried it anyway. The second time, I got a license plate number. We went to the police station but they said they couldn't (or wouldn't) do anything because I couldn't pick out the guy from about 40-50 pictures that they showed me.

My point is, no matter how safe you think the area is or how you might think no one will do anything just because it is a busy area, there is always some creep that has enough stupidity to prove you wrong. I really hope they find her safe.

We're not allowed to link to the MySpace, as they are minors.

Clarification: Tricia has told us it's ok if the minor is missing or is a POI/suspect. The social networking page might include sleuthable clues.

:blowkiss:

Thanks,

Hoppy

Please, Peeps:

We're not going to trash Mom for letting her daughter go for a walk.

Thanks,

Hoppy

They also say they have no information that Kayleah would be a runaway either. Kayleah lives in an apartment along 28th street in Greeley with her mother and two other siblings. Their neighbor and friend Carrie Booker says Kayleah did talk about going to live with her dad. But he is in a California jail.

Carrie did say however that everything seemed to be alright with the family here.
http://www.noco5.com/story.aspx?ID=921&Cat=2

http://www.noco5.com/story.aspx?ID=921&Cat=2

Police Search For Missing Girl

Greeley - 3/31/2010

Kayleah Wilson was last seen at her home on Sunday afternoon at about 3:40 p.m. and left to walk to a friend’s home for a birthday party. She did not arrive.

Family friends and anyone they can get to help them, are handing out fliers with 12 year old Kayleah Wilson's picture on it, asking them if they've seen the young Greeley girl. Police began searching this morning along a stretch of HWY 34 between 35th ave and 17th ave looking for clues. Sgt. Joe Tymkowych with Greeley police says they have no evidence foul play is involved.

They also say they have no information that Kayleah would be a runaway either. Kayleah lives in an apartment along 28th street in Greeley with her mother and two other siblings. Their neighbor and friend Carrie Booker says Kayleah did talk about going to live with her dad. But he is in a California jail.

Carrie did say however that everything seemed to be alright with the family here.

...more at link

BBM

Her mother called police around 10 p.m. Sunday night to report her missing. Greeley Police say initially this was written up as a possible runaway. When detectives interviewed her family and other witnesses on Monday morning, they found no evidence she ran away. They can't say there was foul play, because there is no evidence of that either. Greeley Police have already searched the area near her home and interviewed witnesses.
Sgt. Joe Tymkowych says 20 to 25 people are helping with a selective ground search and the investigation on Thursday. This is in the area of U.S. 34 bypass and between 17 and 35th Avenues.
Detectives also plan to re-interview witnesses and try to develop new ones. Sgt. Tymkowych says there is a lot of traffic in the area with shops and restaurants.
"We're hoping someone saw or heard something," Tymkowych said.
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=135694&provider=top&catid=188

Please, Peeps:

Thanks,

Hoppy

I certainly wasn't. My kids are young and we don't live in the best of areas, least to mention there WAS an RSO living down the street. Reading about all the missing children certainly doesn't help.

I wonder if there is a way to backtrack from the facebook page to the cell phone number being used to access it, and track it back to cell tower pings. Not that we could do it, but I wonder if the technology is able to do this.

Praying for Kayleigh's safety.

Please, Peeps:

Thanks,

Hoppy

I definitely wasn't. My whole point was that just because it is a busy area or during the day, it isn't going to stop someone from doing something stupid. I'm lucky that I had a store that was open that I ran into when the idiot tried to grab me. There were several people around at the time and no one said or did anything to try and stop the guy.

It is not unreasonable to let a 12yr old out on a Sunday afternoon at 3:40. Mine have walked to friends and home from school at that time of day.

Here's a link to mom's netlink page. Maybe some clues in here:

http://en.netlog.com/aprilwilson

Seems like there were a few common older teen boys around the home quite often- captions on some of the photos call them "weekend" children. Probably just friends of Kayleah's older brother. Might mean something, might not.

Thanks for finding & posting that link.

Have been away most of the day. Still no clues?
Praying for her safe return!:praying:

Seems like there were a few common older teen boys around the home quite often- captions on some of the photos call them "weekend" children. Probably just friends of Kayleah's older brother. Might mean something, might not.

Thanks for finding & posting that link.

seems like there were a few comments posted remotely? and one 6 days ago, which would be 2 days before she went missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3