CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was this posted:

Search intensifies for missing Greeley girl

The FBI dispatched more than 15 agents to Greeley on Wednesday to join in the search for a 12-year-old who has been missing since Sunday, when she vanished on a walk to a party.

Federal agents' involvement signals nothing about what might have happened to Kayleah Wilson or where she might have gone, said Agent Dave Joly of the Denver FBI office.

"It only means the Greeley Police Department is a smaller agency with limited resources and a lot of other responsibilities," he said. "We're happy to do what we can and hopefully bring this to a happy conclusion."

Kayleah, a Brentwood Middle School student, was last seen Sunday about 3:40 p.m. A search hound was not able to pick up her scent Tuesday, said Greeley police spokesman Sgt. Joe Tymkowych.

There is no evidence of foul play, and her family knows of no reason she might have run away, he said.

Other regional agencies have also joined in the search, but no Amber Alert has been issued because the case doesn't meet federal guidelines

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_14791877?source=commented-#ixzz0joSJVr3R

DH was just digging around some of the sites that had been posted earlier today and found a video link that I had neglected to view earlier. This is from Kayleah's mom's site- watch the 2nd video posted called oddness.

The first one called "my house" has a quick shot of Kayleah in it.

The one called "oddness" has some very odd things said in it by a family friend concerning articles in his trunk. Playing around- maybe but ugh.... shudders to think of the alternative.

http://en.netlog.com/aprilwilson/video

For the information files...

I found Kayleah in a 22-year-old young woman's online profile on a site called "elfpack". I don't quite understand what the site is all about (I attempted to understand briefly but gave up - my brain is fried for today... looks like more social networking).

She's pictured with a caption that describes her as a kewl kid that the page owner considered a lil sister, though she hasn't seen her for a while.

(Edited to remove quote before Hoppy gets it! ;) )

Allrighty -- got through the thread.

Living close to here and knowing the area pretty well . . .

Where Kayleah lives is a decent area, but it gets shady quick east of 23rd Ave, which is where the mall is. Is it for sure she was walking to the mall? If so, I have no idea why she would have crossed Hwy 34. It's very busy and she could have easily walked east to 23rd ave and then south under the hwy to the mall.

I haven't read all the articles linked, will have to go back - did they say what route she was to be taking and exactly where she was going? There are tons and tons of businesses around this area. I think I saw she was going to an apt near the mall? That's just not a great area.

Welcome to Kayleah's thread and YES I absolutely agree with what you posted here. It just made no sense to me for her to go across 34. Unless her final destination was IHOP- she probably just would NOT have crossed there!!!

Has this been posted yet?

FBI Involved In Search For Missing Greeley Girl

http://cbs4denver.com/local/Search.Missing.Greeley.2.1603767.html

Good! Maybe I'm not the only one sensing weirdness.

I feel that her MS page reads like an advertisement. There are no comments from others... just those posts from the mobile device. "I'm doing great. I love church. I'm doing great in school. I love pancakes and life. But don't be surprised if I disappear, because there is a stalker after me".

Quote:
Police also said they are taking a much closer look at this case. Both Kayleah's mother and grandmother were re-interviewed Wednesday in a meeting that lasted all afternoon

Oh boy. What do we make of this?

I read that the FBI was involved because Greeley was such a small town and they needed more manpower. It's good to see LE reach out and ask for help when they know they can't do it by themselves.

Greeley isn't that small -- it's well over 100,000 people

Greeley isn't that small -- it's well over 100,000 people

I worded it wrong. It said Greeley was a smaller agency.

Federal agents' involvement signals nothing about what might have happened to Kayleah Wilson or where she might have gone, said Agent Dave Joly of the Denver FBI office.
"It only means the Greeley Police Department is a smaller agency with limited resources and a lot of other responsibilities," he said. "We're happy to do what we can and hopefully bring this to a happy conclusion."

Please dont anyone take this personally .......just my thoughts on the decay of society....

I started reading this thread and my thoughts were oh no...12 year old girl goes missing walking to a party.....mum worried sick.......

and then when everyone looks deeper .....why is it that the majority of these kids arent from "mum dad and THEIR three kids"........

Things like mums boyfriend, stepdad, child has been fostered, mum on internet looking for new boyfriend, etc just seem to be a recurring theme through a very high percentage of the cases on here.....

There are some, Morgan Harrington is one example where they seem to come from a functional family.....

I have been quite involved with the Shantina and Azriel thread......and my first impression was of a beautiful young responsible normal woman and her beloved son...but my heart sank when once again things like were dug up like single mum, abused kid, stepdads, taken by welfare etc

and PLEASE once again I repeat I am not trying to offend anyone who is a single mum,divorce, kids to a few dads..etc.......my sister was a single mother, my husband had a child to one woman and has been married to another......(and beleive me their were problems with his child as her mother had 4 kids to 4 dads, one ended up being abused and going on to abuse and mum killed herself leaving 4 kids alone because her latest boyfriend couldnt handle the kids)

but I really beleive something bad is happening in modern society and well basically the morals/principles of people when it comes to relationships and the responsibility of bringing children into these relationships....

sorry to rant.......but I do worry for our world at times.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/artic...plckCurrentPage=1&sid=apps.greeleytribune.com

There is a poster in the comment section of this article claiming to be friends with Kayleah and says "it would be sick if this were an April Fools joke. I don't think she'd do that, but you never know about some people" -- I'm sure I didn't get it worded exactly right, but close enough. Why on Earth would this girl even suggest this?

It's also being rumored a step-dad could be involved. RUMORED. But, I have seen it mentioned more than once.

Just wondering. Did I miss something?
Where was the birthday party at?
Was she bringing a birthday present? Did she have her backpack with her?
If she was last seen at 4:30pm, does that mean the party was at 5pm?
If the party was at 5pm, was it supposed to be over at 7:30pm or 8pm? That is kind of late for a Sunday night.
Was the birthday party at the mall? Maybe a pizza place or
an arcade?
The latest article says she was not at the birthday pickup place either.
Does that mean the party was going to be moving from one place to
another?
And also, not being at the pickup place, does that mean her mom was going to
pick her up or another parent? It would be near dark at 7;30pm.

Has her mom been interviewed by the media?
Of course, mom could be grief stricken and unsure what to do next.

There is something 'odd' about this story.
If Kayleah heads out for a party, in an area of lots of apartments
and businesses and if she was going to the mall,
there would be a lot of security cameras along the way.

Hoping for best. Prayers for Kayleah and family.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100401/NEWS/100409979/1051/RSS&parentprofile=
'snipped'
Wednesday

» 9 a.m.: There are now 25 officers and detectives working the case. They search U.S. 34 Bypass near the house, looking through ditches, culverts and bushes. No evidence of Kayleah is found. About the same time, April Wilson passes out fliers of her daughter at Greeley West High School.

» The FBI sends agents to meet and join the investigation with Greeley detectives.

» April Wilson spends much of the day at the Greeley Police Department, trying to help find her daughter.

..more at link....

Timeline at link.
Unsure if this has been posted yet.

By Wednesday evening, those FBI agents were at the apartment complex where Kayleah lives with her mother, grandmother and brother, interviewing neighbors and searching apartments. As late as 10:30 p.m., an FBI evidence lab van was at the scene and agents in white protective suits were gathering evidence and taking photos. The agents focused their efforts on an area in the second floor of the two-story apartment.

Greeley Police Department spokesman Sgt. Joe Tymkowych said it's not unusual for the FBI to assist in a missing child case, and Greeley police welcome the help.

“They just sent some of the extra people they had here,” Tymkowych said. “And we'll certainly take the help and expertise they have. They just have the ability to get information quickly and easily that might take us longer. Their resources are far and away above what we have. But it is truly a joint investigation. They are working closely with us in the investigation.”

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100401/NEWS/100409981/1051&ParentProfile=1001

snip from the above article:

As late as 10:30 p.m., an FBI evidence lab van was at the scene and agents in white protective suits were gathering evidence and taking photos. The agents focused their efforts on an area in the second floor of the two-story apartment.

That's a little confusing. Do they mean her apartment? Or the second floor of her apartment building?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC