CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yellow Submarine :) Morning! I only know of the one tunnel that used to be called the "John Evans" tunnel- where are the other tunnels on 34 at?

Good morning!

I don't know the "names" of any tunnels, I know that there are at least a couple around 23rd ave where the hwy goes overhead. IIRC, there's also a couple /few between there and 17th ave. Well, further down, too, but I guess LE is only searching up to 17th. The ones I'm talking about, may not be official ped tunnels - they may be classified as water tunnels or drainage tunnels, too.

I wonder if he has a car. That location is within walking distance of the businesses by the mall. 4:30 or 5:00 Sunday is closing time for some businesses.

Good morning!

I don't know the "names" of any tunnels, I know that there are at least a couple around 23rd ave where the hwy goes overhead. IIRC, there's also a couple /few between there and 17th ave. Well, further down, too, but I guess LE is only searching up to 17th. The ones I'm talking about, may not be official ped tunnels - they may be classified as water tunnels or drainage tunnels, too.

Ok thanks. I was only aware of the John Evans tunnel that is just about a block east of 17th Ave.

IMO if that was the only pedestrian tunnel then it would have been possible that she walked all the way down 28th Street past the 2 male RSO's homes.

But if there are tunnels to the west of that, then she may have not walked that far east.

Going to the mall and using that particular tunnel unless the apartments she was headed towards were on the extreme east side doesn't make much sense- from a walking state of mind at least.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100401/NEWS/100409979/1051&ParentProfile=1001
Sunday
» 3:40 p.m.: Kayleah Wilson says goodbye to her mother, April Wilson, and leaves the apartment in the 2800 block of 28th Street. She's walking to meet a friend south of the Greeley Mall, then to go to a birthday party. It's likely she crossed U.S. 34 Bypass to get to the Greeley Mall.

I'm assuming since they are still claiming she left for a Bday party, they've confirmed that was true. Two things that bother me are them saying it's likely she crossed the hwy. Was that a normal route for her? As has been said, that is such a dangerous stretch of hwy for anyone to be crossing and there is a more logical, "safe" route. I say "safe" if quotations because this area is not that great. I'm not going to say anything negative about her being allowed to walk in this area alone, but I'm not at all surprised to hear of something happening to a young girl in this area. The apts south of the mall it says she was meeting a friend at -- I don't know about now, but im my college days (15 years ish ago) those apts were filled with drug dealers, section 8, shady people, etc. I had some friends there who were robbed twice in 6 months. The further east you go from there, the worse the area gets.

Again, not trying to imply anything about Kayleahs family, just trying to give some insight to this area.

meeting a friend and then to bparty. okay did the other kid continue on and go to the party?
details please, this stinks.

Just talked to my son in Greeley he lives in apartments right across the street from the Walmart he said they came to their door with a flyer of Kayleah today. Is a lot of RSO's in Greeley looking up the ones close by. Prayer's for Kayleah and family.

Thinking outloud again.

I just remembered this post by Roni from yesterday.

If the police were looking at this particular area of apartments then I think that she would not have been as far east as 17th Avenue or the John Evans tunnel. These apartments are on the south side of the mall.

The police should know where the birthday party was to be held out and where to look first.

meeting a friend and then to bparty. okay did the other kid continue on and go to the party?

I was just going to ask something like that. Knowing what the friend did would help estabish a timeline.

On the morning of the day she disappeared, Wilson said, Kayleah had gone to church with her and had been happy during a lunch at a restaurant with her grandmother. The family was planning to go to Easter services together at the Cowboy Church in Lucerne next Sunday.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100401/NEWS/100409981/1051&ParentProfile=1001

Northern Colorado Cowboy Church
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lucerne-CO/Northern-Colorado-Cowboy-Church/244382575241

Oh, wow! I go to the Kersey Cowboy Church 10 minutes from there!

Yeah, right? Where exactly was she supposed to meet this friend? Did the friend leave early? Did the friend wait around awhile? Did this friend mention to others that Kayleah was supposed to come and never show?

If the police were looking at this particular area of apartments then I think that she would not have been as far east as 17th Avenue or the John Evans tunnel. These apartments are on the south side of the mall.

It sounds like they are looking in the area where she was supposedly supposed to meet her friend. I wonder if they're thinking she did get to that area and something happened there??? I hope they searched inside all the apts around there! The percentage of people who have cars around there is probably pretty low, too - no way to take off with her.

Also, she would have walked right by a major bus stop - hope they questioned drivers and passengers there!

also what I found interesting was that she was meeting the friend at a "pick up point" for the birthday party. Wonder where exactly the "pick up point" was?

I think I'm going to go see what kind of pics I can get of the area/search --

BBL

Especially because crossing that hwy would be very dangerous and the pedestrian tunnels in that area are known for questionable activities and shady characters

As far as the searching in the apt -- I do believe those are two story townhomes, I'm sure they're trying to gather clues from her room.

Something that bothered me this morning - on the local news (remember, I live near Kayleah) they spoke about a hiker who disappeared yesterday and a "massive" search insued. They resumed the search early this am. They are just doing an update as we speak, actually. It bothers me that a 12 y/o girl could go missing and it takes til the next day to even begin looking and then two more days before any word goes out, while a massive search starts immediately for a grown woman who didn't show up where she was supposed to.

Just sayin . . .

Well, I don't buy the excuse that they thought she was a runaway. Runaway or not, she's 12 years old. A kid that age doesn't have the wherewithal to go and stay gone without the assistance of someone older.

Oh Lord, don't get me started :furious:

just to give LE a little credit, they did request an amber alert on Monday (she was reported missing late at night on Sunday; 10 pm)
10 p.m.: Discovering Kayleah did not make it to the party and did not return home, April Wilson calls Greeley police to report her daughter as missing. As is standard with missing older children — Kayleah is 12 — police handle it as a possible runaway and put out an alert to watch for her.
Monday
» Morning: Greeley police officers discuss the case, canvas the area and learn there is no indication that Kayleah is a runaway. Police spend the day questioning the family and friends of Kayleah and contacting possible witnesses in the neighborhood and the area south of the Greeley Mall.

» Police request an Amber Alert through the state, but are told the case does not meet the requirements. Her name and photo are placed on state and national missing children sites. There is no evidence of her running away, nor is there any evidence of foul play.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100401/NEWS/100409979/1051&ParentProfile=1001

Thanx. I went on fathers FB and family posted LE doesn't think she ran away or abducted, said very strange. (one hr ago).

They don't feel she was a runaway OR abducted? :waitasec:

If they don't think she ran away or was abducted what do they think? There has not been much else said on the local news will watch again at noon, sounds like they are out searching and trying to get videos from surrounding businesses so praying they show her somewhere it seems they have very little to go on and that concerns me since we are on day 4. Praying for Kayleah and family and for divine guidance to those searching today.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-girl-fbi-joins-search-kayleah-wilson/story?id=10260015&page=1

"We do not believe Kayleah ran away. There is nothing to indicate she did," Sgt. Joe Tymkowych, a Greeley Police spokesman, said Wednesday. "We just haven't been able to come up with anything that indicates what may have happened."

Authorities are also reportedly questioning the 17-year-old boyfriend of Kayleah, of whom her mother told ABCNews.com she did not approve.

Kayleah had been seriously involved with the teen who was friends with her older brother, but the couple had broken up a few months ago, Wilson said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3