CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed JTSYS
The Nixle system is a nationwide thing, but seems to not have caught on yet. You can use it for whatever purpose you like (traffic, BOLO's, abductions, you name it). You can set it up so there are different "subscriptions" for each of these so the end user can opt in to only the things they want.

Agreed JTSYS
The Nixle system is a nationwide thing, but seems to not have caught on yet. You can use it for whatever purpose you like (traffic, BOLO's, abductions, you name it). You can set it up so there are different "subscriptions" for each of these so the end user can opt in to only the things they want.

Interesting- we don't use Nixle, but maybe that's because we have an internal sytem. It certainly sounds like it would be useful for the general public, in cases like Kayleahs and so many others. The question is how can we increase awareness?

I'm so sad with this story. Why is there no news today?

I'm so sad with this story. Why is there no news today?

Cause real life is not like a TV show. It will take time to investigate everything now that they have a body. It's almost like starting from square one.

Remember how long LE spent on the JonBenet investigation and that was NEVER solved.

Interesting- we don't use Nixle, but maybe that's because we have an internal sytem. It certainly sounds like it would be useful for the general public, in cases like Kayleahs and so many others. The question is how can we increase awareness?

Yeah, this is def. for the GP. Anyone can actually set up alerts and send them out, it's just a matter of who will subscribe to them. It's all word of mouth. I think with these boards and others, SAR groups, churches, social networking word could travel very fast. The key is getting LE into it and having them see the quick benefits with virtually no work. Getting people to sign up will be easy. I think this might even be a good time for the traffic boards to be used, just for a day or two to let people know about the system.

How to help
If you have any information on the Kayleah Wilson case, Greeley police said they'd like to talk with you. The $20,000 reward is still offered. Call (970) 350-9600.

» CRISIS FUND: A fund is being set up to help the Wilson family with funeral and other expenses following the death of 12-year-old Kayleah.

The Tribune Community Crisis Fund is set up to help people in an emergency. Donations may be sent to the Community Foundation Serving Greeley and Weld County, 711 8th Ave., Greeley, CO 80631. These gifts are tax-deductible and supervised by the fund's board. For more information, call the foundation at (970) 304-9970.

I was so glad to see an organized alternative to help the family.
If they really want to prevent burnout from Amber Alerts, they should probably stop using them every time a non-custodial parent is late returning the kids. I can see where we need another system for when a child has gone missing, but there isn't a vehicle involved. I see some are taking comments from facebook and topix as if they are substantial and factual. There are trolls out there who do nothing but try to stir stuff up even though they've probably never even heard of Greeley before. I'm going to go by what LE has said, however little. This investigation has really only just begun. I'm going to try and be patient and have faith that LE is going to do the best job possible in finding the killer. RIP Kayleah.

Just to let you all know, I set a bouquet of cherry blossoms at her memorial with a card reading "Rest in peace Angel Kayleah -- With love, your friends at WS"

I am not at all surprised to hear LE say they couldn't be sure Kayleah was on the mall cams. While driving through the parking lot, I couldn't believe the lack of cameras. There were very few and only attached to the building. Even my 11 y/o commented about the lack of cams. After driving through a few times, I was surprised a cam could have caught her.

I am frustrated, however, with the reports that lead us all to believe she was indeed seen at the mall Sunday afternoon.

I think it's interesting she was discovered next to the cemetary. I really think she was put where she was found -- just well-hidden, and the water dislodged her. I know it's described as being .5 miles from her home, but it really seems much closer than that. At her home, you look across the hwy and see the cemetary. Just passed that is where she was found. If someone took her, IMO, they took her from her immediate neighborhood. I wonder, too, if she even left the house for that birthday party.

Just to let you all know, I set a bouquet of cherry blossoms at her memorial with a card reading "Rest in peace Angel Kayleah -- With love, your friends at WS"

I am not at all surprised to hear LE say they couldn't be sure Kayleah was on the mall cams. While driving through the parking lot, I couldn't believe the lack of cameras. There were very few and only attached to the building. Even my 11 y/o commented about the lack of cams. After driving through a few times, I was surprised a cam could have caught her.

I am frustrated, however, with the reports that lead us all to believe she was indeed seen at the mall Sunday afternoon.

I think it's interesting she was discovered next to the cemetary. I really think she was put where she was found -- just well-hidden, and the water dislodged her. I know it's described as being .5 miles from her home, but it really seems much closer than that. At her home, you look across the hwy and see the cemetary. Just passed that is where she was found. If someone took her, IMO, they took her from her immediate neighborhood. I wonder, too, if she even left the house for that birthday party.

bbm

A big Thank You! Do you think someone in the apartment building got her?

Thank you so much for doing that. Big hugs to you.

bbm

A big Thank You! Do you think someone in the apartment building got her?

My opinion only --- there are several apt bldgs surrounding hers, I do think it's someone who lives close by her or someone she knew who has a car that offered to give her a ride. I don't know why, but I honestly think the murderer is someone she knew.

My opinion only --- there are several apt bldgs surrounding hers, I do think it's someone who lives close by her or someone she knew who has a car that offered to give her a ride. I don't know why, but I honestly think the murderer is someone she knew.

bbm

I think it is someone she knew too. Nothing to back it up just my instinct.

Ugh, it makes me feel sick -- but -- Ruby, I think you might be right : (

These may have already been posted. Just doing a news check on all cases, and posting the most recent for Kayleah for those who haven't seen them yet.

Homicide investigation launched after body of girl, 12, is found
May 21, 2010 1:09 p.m. EDT

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/05/21/colorado.kayleah.wilson.slain/

Tears, Questions Linger in Colo. Girl's Murder
AssociatedPress — May 21, 2010 — Colorado police say they're looking at a range of individuals as they investigate the death of 12-year-old Kayleah Wilson, whose body was discovered in an irrigation ditch about a half-mile from her home. (May 21)

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D3mgpr-UeU

I very much agree she was taken from or near the apartment. I haven't driven out there yet, but I too was curious about the distance. I can't believe she was that close-within eye sight. Her poor mom.
Are the mom and stepdad currently divorced? Does anyone know the reason they seperated?

Thanks for putting the bouquet and card there Yellow Submarine. I don't know how long April has been divorced, they have a 4 yr. old son so I think they still communicate. They are planning a service for sometime next week.

Thank you Yellow Submarine for putting the flowers and card for Kayleah. May the person or persons who did this be brought to justice. RIP sweet Kayleah.

I was laying in my hospital bed thinking of her when the news broke. What a sad day indeed. Rest in Peace Kayleah. May God hold you in his everloving care.

bbm

I think it is someone she knew too. Nothing to back it up just my instinct.

Seems to me it is either someone who could care less and discarded her body in a nearby ditch, or someone who didn't want her too far away. Now that narrows it down doesn't it? moo

I was laying in my hospital bed thinking of her when the news broke. What a sad day indeed. Rest in Peace Kayleah. May God hold you in his everloving care.

Hope it isn't anything too serious. hugs to you :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member