CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
kai -- I'm not sure I see Kayleah...is she the girl with the black hat on?

No, that is "M" girlfriend of Kayleah's older brother whose name also starts with a "M"

IMO Kayleah is at the very start of the video~ around the :20 second mark in.

He's a POI! I missed that.

Greeley police spokesman Sgt. Joe Tymkowych said Friday that the sexual assault is not currently connected to the murder of Kayleah, whose body was found earlier this week in a west Greeley irrigation ditch.

Robert Laurencio Montoya, 18, of Greeley is considered a “person of interest” in the case, Tymkowych said. “...one of several persons of interest.” He is being held in the Weld County Jail on charges of the sexual assault on a child and sexual assault on a child as a pattern of abuse.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100521/NEWS/100529928/1051&ParentProfile=1001

Not that bail for sexual assault charges shouldn't be high. But isn't 100K a bit high for a boyfriend gf type scenario? And a first time offender?

Could be, but right now, I am really okay with it. In fact, triple it and I'm still good.
What gets me is that he's done this at least twice. Sick.

Could be, but right now, I am really okay with it. In fact, triple it and I'm still good.
What gets me is that he's done this at least twice. Sick.

Lol, well I'm ok with it too. Just thinking LE is going to try to keep him behind bars in case they up the charges....if that's where it goes.

All court records on the case have been sealed by the Weld District Attorney's Office.

Rumors of Kayleah's possible pregnancy have been coming up in the case, but Tymkowych said he can't confirm those stories.

I was thinking that but didn't want to say anything. I think the autopsy would show if she were pregnant and couldn't they get DNA to find the father? He turned 18 in Jan. so I am thinking that the relationship continued past that point for him to be charged with sexual assault on a child. Would they charge a minor with that crime?

All court records on the case have been sealed by the Weld District Attorney's Office.

Rumors of Kayleah's possible pregnancy have been coming up in the case, but Tymkowych said he can't confirm those stories.

Looks like they updated that article big time.

IMO, Tymkowych has enough info to deny the stories. Interesting. Has anyone heard anything about a pregnancy before?

I was thinking that but didn't want to say anything. I think the autopsy would show if she were pregnant and couldn't they get DNA to find the father? He turned 18 in Jan. so I am thinking that the relationship continued past that point for him to be charged with sexual assault on a child. Would they charge a minor with that crime?

Isn't the sexual assault in a different case? Or could they mean they've started a separate from Kayleah's homicide case for this?

I WANT ANSWERS!!!!!!

I'm refreshing that news page like a maniac.

ETA: By different case I mean different case with a different child from Kayleah.

I just can't comprehend a child of 12 having a relationship with an 18 year old. I am glad they are pursuing these charges even if he didn't have anything to do with her death.

Am I remembering correctly that Montoya was a friend of her brother? Is the brother a whole or half sibling? I'm getting an uneasy feeling about him.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100521/NEWS/100529928/1051&ParentProfile=1001

I wonder if he said "I can't confirm that" or "I can neither confirm nor deny that" or "No comment", because "I can't confirm that" is an odd answer for LE to give to a specific question. They stick with "No comment" so as not to give any indication either way.

Somebody go over to Greeley PD and get us some answers please. Just tell them BeanE sent ya :angel: :dance:

This article talks about rumors of Kayleah being pregnant...oh geez, she was only 12!
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/23635628/detail.html#

Please tell me the Mom didn't approve of this relationship, please...if this kid is involved, I know there's no way she could know, but good things can't happen if your 12-year old is hanging around with an 18-year old boy. I know I sound old-school, but Kayleah was still a girl, maybe a "tween"...

....boy would I have loved to have been a fly on that wall during the inital arrest and questioning.... Just think, news of "a body" being found broke in the morning of the 19th, then Robert was arrested later that evening. If he had anything to do with Kayleah's death~ you know he was sweating something fierce when the cops came a knocking....

Praying LE is on to something here!!! JUSTICE will prevail Kayleah!!!

Omg. You try so hard to have faith and it always turns out to be the same old bull.
God bless you little one.

Lol, well I'm ok with it too. Just thinking LE is going to try to keep him behind bars in case they up the charges....if that's where it goes.

I'm right with you on that. We see it in case after case. Haul them in on other charges, name them a POI, collect evidence, charge them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member