CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very possible that the body was placed upstream, either there or further up.

Absolutely, and now we are talking about a very large area, with lots of access points. It is too late now for dogs to track her scent backwards to maybe determine where she was place in the water? tia

Just throwing this out there. I saw a earlier article dated 4/18 which shows a volunteer checking a culvert in the town of Evans, Co. I wonder if she was taken there?

Volunteer Gary Jones of Fort Collins ducks down to search a culvert near Denver and 42nd Streets in Evans for Kayleah Wilson Saturday. Other teams set out on ATVs and horses to search areas off of U.S. 34.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100418/NEWS/100419640

Evans is located at the intersection of two major routes: U.S. 85 and U.S. 34. Seven large cities are within a 60-mile radius: Greeley, Longmont, Loveland, Ft. Collins, Cheyenne, Boulder, & Denver. Evans is within 25 miles of the Rocky Mountains and less than an hour from Denver International Airport.

Do you mean she was placed there AFTER it was known to have been searched? Good thinking. Certainly possible.

The autopsy on a decomposed body found in a water-filled ditch near the home of a missing 12-year-old is complete, but authorities haven't said how the person died or if the body is that of a male or female.
Police said they are investigating the case a homicide but haven't said if any evidence supports a homicidal cause of death. Sgt. Joe Tymkowych said a media report that the body was "killed" is inaccurate and that accidental death hasn't been ruled out.

-------------

The body was found at the bottom of a 30-foot spillway in the canal. A co-worker of the man who discovered the body said it was that of a young woman, who was white, but police haven't confirmed that.
---------------

Brenda Jamison, one of Wilson's grandmothers, confirmed the family had been contacted by the Weld County Coroner on Wednesday but she would not say what they were told.
Authorities had hoped to use dental records from Wilson to determine if the body was hers but there might not have been any. Instead, investigators may be forced to use DNA analysis, which could delay the identification.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/23621710/detail.html
I sure hope she had dental records... I bumped the article and snips... it says, "might not" have been any

ETA: and also... perhaps how old they are... if the dental records were from when she was a small child/didn't have that many adult teeth it could be difficult. iirc they need some many points of "match" to make a positive identification...

A range of conclusions can be reached when reporting a dental identification. The American Board of Forensic Odontology recommends that these be limited to the following four conclusions:16

Positive identification: The antemortem and postmortem data match in sufficient detail, with no unexplainable discrepancies, to establish that they are from the same individual.
Possible identification: the antemortem and postmortem data have consistent features but, because of the quality of either the postmortem remains or the antemortem evidence, it is not possible to establish identity positively.
Insufficient evidence: The available information is insufficient to form the basis for a conclusion.
Exclusion: the antemortem and postmortem data are clearly inconsistent.
It is important to note that there is no minimum number of concordant points or features that are required for a positive identification. In many cases a single tooth can be used for identification if it contains sufficient unique features. Equally, a full-mouth series of radiographs may not reveal sufficient detail to render a positive conclusion.16 The discretion of identification lies with the odontologist who must be prepared to justify the conclusions in court, surely the ultimate in peer-review.

http://www.forensicdentistryonline.org/Forensic_pages_1/identguide.htm

okay... I was really wrong about there being multiple points to make a match... hopefully there is sooooome dental records....

Absolutely, and now we are talking about a very large area, with lots of access points. It is too late now for dogs to track her scent backwards to maybe determine where she was place in the water? tia

Yes, it's too late now unless an area is completely undisturbed. :(

However, it might be possible to 'jump' a dog from access point to access point if they were scenting on a possible person of interest.

The FBI in Denver is confirming that the body found in west Greeley, Colo., is that of missing child Kayleah Wilson. Agents say they are waiting on results from the Weld County Coroner's Office to determine how the 12-year-old girl died but are suspecting homicide considering the circumstances of the death.

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/brief.cfm?id=72088

The FBI in Denver is confirming that the body found in west Greeley, Colo., is that of missing child Kayleah Wilson. Agents say they are waiting on results from the Weld County Coroner's Office to determine how the 12-year-old girl died but are suspecting homicide considering the circumstances of the death.

Denver field office still not confirming. Or NCMEC. Perhaps they did a visual ID by family.

Bless your heart, Kayleah and sympathies to Wilson family and friends. Sad beyond words.

Well she could definitely have been put way upstream and spent all this time floating downstream instead of being stuck underground. And what a coinkydink it would be that she almost ended up back at her home.

OMG thats what I was thinking...The rain storm on 4/18 pushed her downstream and the bad storm the other night pushed her towards her home. I wonder if they found her shoes?

Im crying. This is so very sad. Sad for her family. I wonder if they made announcement in her school. Just terrible.

RIP Sweet angel

Denver field office still not confirming. Or NCMEC. Perhaps they did a visual ID by family.

The FBI in Denver confirmed on May 20, 2010, that the body found in a west Greeley ditch is that of Kayleah Wilson. They tell AMW that identification was made through a match in dental records.

Under the recovered tab of the AMW link.

Under the recovered tab of the AMW link.

Thanks- yeah I saw it. I just meant verbal confirmation via phone. Just got it. And she just came down off their site. :(

ETA- still up at missingkids.com.
I hope they released info to the community and schools prior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129