CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
my son is the same age as kayleah and if he had gone missing under the same circumstances I sure as he!! would hope that more than 2-3 officers were working on his abduction!

I liked it when he said he was getting technical assistance from the FBI and that guy came into the picture fumbling with the mic.

They got conflicting info. The former step-dad said she might have went to California to see her Dad. He really should have kept his mouth shut. That did not help. The FBI also put out ways the public could help and it was an excellent article.

They also had Kayleah as a #1 priority out of their Denver office within days of her going missing. She just came down off of their website's frontpage tonight.
Endangered Missing is the only way most LE, including federal, can list a missing person if there is a lot of conflicting info and no evidence of an abduction.

I do agree that labeling Kayleah as a runaway was untrue, useless, and added to the agony of the time she was missing. However- it seems like that is mostly due to the media, and people misspeaking to them.

I think someone grabbed her while she was cutting through their yard on the way to the bday party.

They also had Kayleah as a #1 priority out of their Denver office within days of her going missing. She just came down off of their website's frontpage tonight.
Endangered Missing is the only way most LE, including federal, can list a missing person if there is a lot of conflicting info and no evidence of an abduction.

I do agree that labeling Kayleah as a runaway was untrue, useless, and added to the agony of the time she was missing. However- it seems like that is mostly due to the media, and people misspeaking to them.

Didn't the dad say the police asked him to stay at his home in Cali just in case she was heading there?

So heart breaking another beautiful innocent child murdered it makes me sick to see what is happening to so many children, evil beyond words. RIP sweet girl run free with the angels. JUSTICE for Kayleah and my deepest condolences to April and all her family and friends. I am so sorry sweet girl that someone took your life away it is so unfair I just don't understand why or how a person could do this to a child. Gone from this world but never forgotten I will carry your smile in my heart forever.

Didn't the dad say the police asked him to stay at his home in Cali just in case she was heading there?

I don't know. But it's not uncommon for LE to ask that parents remain in their home when a child goes missing without a trace.

It was the police that said she might have been a runaway and that they had NO information to indicate a crime had been committed. The media only reported what police told them.

I agree with you eyes4crime I scream that so many times it has to STOP this runaway stuff has cost to many innocent children's lives!!!

So now they're not sure she was in the video?
he said they struggled with the idea of releasing the video because they were not 100% sure it was her

YET

it was leaked to the media is some way-shape-form that it WAS her and they NEVER at the time followed up on those media reports (LE).

AND

in my opinion only, LE really talks out of two sides of their mouth when saying (last of all in early april) that they really need the public's help but not making any attempt at keeping her case WITHIN THE EYE OF THE PUBLIC.

The family and their independent searches have been all that we have heard about in the in~between.

It was the police that said she might have been a runaway and that they had NO information to indicate a crime had been committed. The media only reported what police told them.

I understood that the police only reported to the media what was told to them as a possibility by family or friends. The statement of she being a possible runaway was corrected early on when LE said there was in fact no indications that she ran away.

Or maybe I missed something.

Either way, it certainly does not help to have that idea in the publics' mind. It should- because runaways are at the same risk- but it doesn't.

While it may have been too late to save Kayleah, the runaway label is harmful because it allows the perp to run free and commit more murders. Amber and Chelsea is a perfect example.

I have a feeling that LE has some idea of what happened to Kayleah and that it was very close in location to her home. I hope they can make a quick arrest...I do think it is someone who lived in the complex or very close by and at least knew Kayleah by sight, and maybe offered her a ride. Am hoping it is an unsophisticated offender who won't be able to hold up, if interviewed. It could be even more than one person, if of a younger age. Just a feeling I have, nothing to go on other than bad feelings.

I will say again that the possibility of Kayleah being a runaway came primarily from sources other than LE; as early as March 30, they (LE) was saying no signs of her runnnig away. I know when this happens, we want someone to direct our anger and frustration toward, but IMO that should be only the killer. And having 2-3 detectives working the case by this time is not unusual...sometimes in smaller cites there may only be one, with others ready to jump in at the slightest bit of new information.

I just saw that there was a positive ID. How very sad. Even though we all pretty much believed this was Kayleah, it is just so hard to hear it is true.

Fly with the angels dear Kayleah. You will not be forgotten.

PS- if LE does not include runaway as at least a possibility, than why should be people be looking for her in places where teens gather on the streets of cities, such as downtown Denver, or check with truckers, etc...they just need to keep everything out there as a possibility...JMO

I have a feeling that LE has some idea of what happened to Kayleah and that it was very close in location to her home. I hope they can make a quick arrest...I do think it is someone who lived in the complex or very close by and at least knew Kayleah by sight, and maybe offered her a ride. Am hoping it is an unsophisticated offender who won't be able to hold up, if interviewed. It could be even more than one person, if of a younger age. Just a feeling I have, nothing to go on other than bad feelings.

I will say again that the possibility of Kayleah being a runaway came primarily from sources other than LE; as early as March 30, they (LE) was saying no signs of her runnnig away. I know when this happens, we want someone to direct our anger and frustration toward, but IMO that should be only the killer. And having 2-3 detectives working the case by this time is not unusual...sometimes in smaller cites there may only be one, with others ready to jump in at the slightest bit of new information.
it went from 15 officers to 2 in under two months.

And yes, part of my anger is coming from a personal case. When I was in 6th grade my friend was abducted, raped, beaten, tied up, and left out in a field. But even back then... in the 1980s no doubt... there was more media coverage than Kayleah has gotten. And trust me, LE could well have played the "run away" card in my friend's case as she came from not so stable a home and was also reported being seen "hitching" at a truck stop.

Trying to keep my anger in check = hard with Kayleah's case.

Police: Body found in Colorado identified as that of 12-year-old girl missing since March

Police confirmed Thursday that a body recovered from an irrigation ditch in northern Colorado is that of a 12-year-old girl missing since March and she was the victim of homicide.

Greeley Police Chief Jerry Garner said the body recovered Wednesday is that of Kayleah Wilson of Greeley, who was last seen walking to a friend's house for a birthday party.

Garner said Thursday the coroner's office ruled Wilson's death a homicide. He said police know the "manner and cause" of death but he declined to provided details. No one has been arrested, Garner said.

The body had been in the irrigation ditch "for some time" in an area that had been searched twice, Garner said.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5gD1KzjPtOA4D3pR8pDA9Utfyng9w

Today was the last day of school here in Greeley. It is likely that the reason they delayed the press conf. until 4:00 today was to give students a realtively "normal" last day of school and get them home. Her school will be staffed with counselors from other schools in the district for students to drop in tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth