CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The perp messed up a lot. Let's say, theoretically, that we have a large man with a very petite girlfriend or wife, they get into an argument, and it becomes physical. She expires, and he panics and dumps the body in a familiar, remote location. Now he has to stage a crime scene and create an alibi - make it look like it could have been a random abduction or a runaway. Here's what you don't do. You don't take her purse out of the house but not suitcases, clothes, makeup, and toiletries if you want LE or her family to believe that she ran away to get away from it all. You'd also ditch one of the vehicles if you wanted to sell that story. If you want to sell random abduction, you make sure her running clothes are missing, purse is in the house, but cell phone and keys are missing. You call the family and ask where she is. You tell them that she left your child with you and said she was going out for a run. And what you really don't do is send texts from her phone to her boss and yourself three days after the last time you saw her and not send one to her mother. The perp in this case messed up big time.

What makes it even more perplexing that none of this was done is the amount of time between when she went missing and was reported as such. He had SO MUCH TIME to stage all of this. So much time to think through all the scenarios. IMO

How did LE even know he went to the dump? Tracking his movements? The dump called it in?
We haven’t been told. But I think it’s pretty likely that someone was watching him. He’s their focus right now IMHO so I believe he is under surveillance at all times. Since it’s a missing person case they have to keep track of where he’s going in case he has her stashed away.

I wonder if his google searches show he followed that case?
Curious, if he got any ideas from it.

Yes, imo, he is determined to be the anti Chris Watts.

Probably thinks he is smarter than CW by not blabbing.

They may be forbidden from speaking to the press, but of course they have every right to speak to LE.

I also find it odd in 2 years+ at one employer that she doesn't have a close work buddy, or several acquaintance level friends. Who does she eat lunch with?

But there is more:
- no known backup daycare in Pueblo or Woodland Park
- no mention of new mom friends made during birth classes or Lamaze
- no known church attendance of any affiliation (a lot of churches have daycare during services to give parents undistracted religion time and also provides babies with safe playdate time)
- no playdates with other moms/babies
- no Mommy&Me exercise class
- no local friends, no organized activities, no social activities with neighbors
- no one seems to know PF & KB as a couple either, except the 70 year old neighbor who thought he lived at her townhome

Would KB as an Adventist avoid “worldly entertainments”? That would cut down on ones social circle I would think.

all imo

Since surveillance videos no longer record to a physical media such as tape, it’s not surprising that the Safeway video was available. The video exists as individual files on a hard drive. As long as there is storage on the hard drive (plentiful and cheap), it will just keep creating file after file until the hard drive is full.

After being targeted by a petty theft ring in his neighbourhood, my son put up several cameras. As you say, they record a lot. His neighbours are also grateful for the "watchful eye". Local police too. He sent me videos of the suspicious activities. The perps were arrested.

I have a question. I am technologically challenged. Since two texts were sent from her phone, would records show where the phone was at the time those two texts were sent. Or, did that ping that's been heavily discussed occur at the same time that those texts were sent? Thanks for helping me out!

^Well, I don’t think it’s likely, but I will say that it’s my new ‘best case scenario’ dream ending. And to continue the dream...it is PF holding her captive, and since he obviously can’t get to her right now...In my dream, she has ample food and water, and someone is about to stumble on her hiding place any minute. Ahhh, wouldn’t that be nice?

Okay, that’s my one unrealistic post. I promise to keep things more “real” in the future. ;)

ETA: oops. I only meant to add the last quoted post.

An ending with KB being alive, and all of this just being some quirky Lifetime, everything ends well in the end would be absolutely fantastic.

Possible? I guess all things are right?, but like you said unrealistic. MOO: and most certainly, not plausible.

I'm a little surprised we havent heard more from her employer and coworkers.
I'm not. A publicly-traded corporation that size has an employee policy forbidding any contact with the press that isn't first approved by the public affairs office. The media know this.We haven't heard from anyone at L3Doss officially because this is an ongoing criminal investigation. Unofficially, nobody is going to risk losing their job.

Doss was acquired a year ago and anyone who has worked in the merger/acquisitions environment knows that acquired companies are often down-sized following the close of the deal.

In my opinion there is no way KB would risk her job by sending a text announcing she was taking a week off and it was a huge mistake for whomever sent that text pretending to be KB.

L3 Acquires Doss Aviation, Inc.

What makes it even more perplexing that none of this was done is the amount of time between when she went missing and was reported as such. He had SO MUCH TIME to stage all of this. So much time to think through all the scenarios. IMO
But imagine if you had to care for a 1 year old during that time as well.

More musing here-among his odd (IMO) behavior, is how he is clinging to daughter. Why would anyone take a little one out in public knowing the media would be around questioning? Is he clinging so to her because he knows his time with her is numbered or could he be hiding a bruise or injury that she sustained in a struggle or fall? Just speculation on my part. This case is beyond baffling. I just hope LE is not as baffled.

I keep thinking about how Kelsey's Mom said that she couldn't wait to decorate for Christmas, and that she was waiting to get a tree because she thought that PF and the baby were going to get one in the woods. It makes me wonder, did he ask her to go with him and the baby to get a tree, after she got back from shopping at Safeway? She could be just around the corner, so to speak, in the woods somewhere....

I am somewhat bothered by how PF has been tried unfairly on some facts but two things bother me.

1. The police have to know by now both of their cell phone activity. They should know roughly where her phone was pinging on the 22nd and when it stopped. They have also likely subpoenaed PF's so they can roughly tell if they were traveling together at some point. They could also tell if they were not traveling together and doing separate activities. Would police still be pursuing him if it didn't appear they were together? Maybe, I suppose.

2. I ask myself if there is a situation that I would not talk to police (with an attorney) if my child's parent was missing and I had nothing to do with it? Even if I hated that person I would talk to police just to clear myself. That's hard to get past. The only caveats are if I was doing something else illegal or if the police had already harshly and unfairly accused me.

I have to believe, at this point, with the amount of time that has passed, if LE, the FBI, if whoever is handling this case had the kind of evidence needed to arrest someone, they would've arrested someone. Who knows what information they have? If they really do have cell phone data, any additional video, witnesses, etc. its pretty apparent that none of it is giving them any real idea if anyone or who did anything seriously wrong. Whatever they have been told by the mother, PF, the brother and anyone else they questioned, has to be mostly consistent with any other information/evidence they have been able to gather. The simple fact that, after all this time, this is still a missing persons case, that they have not flipped it to a homicide investigation, makes it pretty clear they have very little to go on.
It would be extremely difficult for me to understand why they would delay making an arrest if they had enough irrefutable evidence against whoever. Especially if PF was that whoever, because of the child situation. I would hope the child would be removed and the arrest would be made as fast as they could make it happen. But, they clearly do not have much of anything. That is what I believe and I think it is very unfortunate. LE involved hasn't done or said anything that can convince otherwise right now.

I have a question. Another question. They said that almost immediately he had provided his DNA and allowed his phone to be reviewed--but soon after, he refused to even sit down and speak with police. Why was he initially so helpful? Did he want them to see his phone? If so, is it reasonable to think that he may have wanted to provide DNA because a second person was involved and he knew his DNA was not going to ever work against him?

I keep thinking about how Kelsey's Mom said that she couldn't wait to decorate for Christmas, and that she was waiting to get a tree because she thought that PF and the baby were going to get one in the woods. It makes me wonder, did he ask her to go with him and the baby to get a tree, after she got back from shopping at Safeway? She could be just around the corner, so to speak, in the woods somewhere....
Based on what little we know, this is, IMO, the most plausible scenario.

I have a question. Another question. They said that almost immediately he had provided his DNA and allowed his phone to be reviewed--but soon after, he refused to even sit down and speak with police. Why was he initially so helpful? Did he want them to see his phone? If so, is it reasonable to think that he may have wanted to provide DNA because a second person was involved and he knew his DNA was not going to ever work against him?
Maybe because unlike being questioned, LE could compel him with a warrant for his DNA and phone? A question for a question.

More musing here-among his odd (IMO) behavior, is how he is clinging to daughter. Why would anyone take a little one out in public knowing the media would be around questioning? Is he clinging so to her because he knows his time with her is numbered or could he be hiding a bruise or injury that she sustained in a struggle or fall? Just speculation on my part. This case is beyond baffling. I just hope LE is not as baffled.
Or his fiance just went missing and he is keeping an extra eye on her. I am not convinced it was him- wouldnt be shocked if it was but not sold yet.

Exactly. That’s why I don’t think she’s in any BLM or FS Christmas tree cutting area, as any permits and cut areas would’ve been searched by now. But that would mean it was premeditated to end up on a non-cut area, unbeknownst to KB. And I don’t want to think that. For now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper