CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would KB as an Adventist avoid “worldly entertainments”? That would cut down on ones social circle I would think.

all imo

Define “worldly entertainments” ?

She's a pilot so she probably doesn't do drugs or drink heavily-- would be subject to random drug screening at work.

She could be a vegetarian. But not all Adventists follow the dietary guidelines.

It seems she doesn't wear jewelry nor have pierced ears and neither does her mom.

But she has a baby out of wedlock and a brother married to a man-- and her family accepts and loves both her and her brother. So she's not living like a nun or anything.

She loves God and has a strong faith according to her mom. That doesn't mean her entertainment options are limited. JMO.

I have to believe, at this point, with the amount of time that has passed, if LE, the FBI, if whoever is handling this case had the kind of evidence needed to arrest someone, they would've arrested someone. Who knows what information they have? If they really do have cell phone data, any additional video, witnesses, etc. its pretty apparent that none of it is giving them any real idea if anyone or who did anything seriously wrong. Whatever they have been told by the mother, PF, the brother and anyone else they questioned, has to be mostly consistent with any other information/evidence they have been able to gather. The simple fact that, after all this time, this is still a missing persons case, that they have not flipped it to a homicide investigation, makes it pretty clear they have very little to go on.
It would be extremely difficult for me to understand why they would delay making an arrest if they had enough irrefutable evidence against whoever. Especially if PF was that whoever, because of the child situation. I would hope the child would be removed and the arrest would be made as fast as they could make it happen. But, they clearly do not have much of anything. That is what I believe and I think it is very unfortunate. LE involved hasn't done or said anything that can convince otherwise right now.

There is a lot of difference between 'not much of anything' and 'irrefutable evidence'.

Was the baby with him at WM or did his mom have her?
Wonder if her text to him said anything about just finding out her grandmother was really sick, etc, or alluded to how she was getting to WA.

Maybe because unlike being questioned, LE could compel him with a warrant for his DNA and phone? A question for a question.
I had suspected from the get-go he orchestrated the text to explain why he had not reported her missing. Now I am wondering if willingly submitted his DNA was a sign of someone else being involved... So I we're both still in the dark as to whether it was his choice.... Is there a attorney in the house tonight?

More musing here-among his odd (IMO) behavior, is how he is clinging to daughter. Why would anyone take a little one out in public knowing the media would be around questioning? Is he clinging so to her because he knows his time with her is numbered or could he be hiding a bruise or injury that she sustained in a struggle or fall? Just speculation on my part. This case is beyond baffling. I just hope LE is not as baffled.
MOO: he’s using her as a human shield. Or his mobile sanctuary.

I think she is a great deterrent to the pesky press and everyday citizens. The media would be lambasted if they got up in his business while she is with him.

I personally find it abhorrent and repugnant of him to trot her out this way. But I also think some Bond villain would be saying “well played” PF.

But...she was reported missing right away. And her husband spoke to LE and anyone who would listen.

I agree. 95%/5%. I remember the missing woman near where my family lived. She had everything, a perfect life. Not one friend, family member or co-worker had any idea she was not OK and she went missing. She was found in the same neighborhood and though most thought it was an abduction/murder, it wasn't. Very sad case. (I still lean toward PF involvement though.) Keeping an open mind and looking with no set conclusion yet.

Exactly. That’s why I don’t think she’s in any BLM or FS Christmas tree cutting area, as any permits and cut areas would’ve been searched by now. But that would mean it was premeditated to end up on a non-cut area, unbeknownst to KB. And I don’t want to think that. For now.[/QUOTEI was under the impression the 7TH Dayers opposed the celebration of Christmas. We sure have heard a lot about trees, decorations, family gatherings,... Oy, what will their peers think....

Would you find it equally as abhorrent and repugnant to have her with him at all times, on the outside chance we find out he had absolutely nothing to do with KB's disappearance?
Yep I would, because there is family on both sides available to care for her while he goes about his business.

ETA: and it’s at least reasonable to be concerned for her safety while she is out with him. With all the SM cites paying money for images and videos? But have at it.

Last edited:
I have to believe, at this point, with the amount of time that has passed, if LE, the FBI, if whoever is handling this case had the kind of evidence needed to arrest someone, they would've arrested someone. Who knows what information they have? If they really do have cell phone data, any additional video, witnesses, etc. its pretty apparent that none of it is giving them any real idea if anyone or who did anything seriously wrong. Whatever they have been told by the mother, PF, the brother and anyone else they questioned, has to be mostly consistent with any other information/evidence they have been able to gather. The simple fact that, after all this time, this is still a missing persons case, that they have not flipped it to a homicide investigation, makes it pretty clear they have very little to go on.
It would be extremely difficult for me to understand why they would delay making an arrest if they had enough irrefutable evidence against whoever. Especially if PF was that whoever, because of the child situation. I would hope the child would be removed and the arrest would be made as fast as they could make it happen. But, they clearly do not have much of anything. That is what I believe and I think it is very unfortunate. LE involved hasn't done or said anything that can convince otherwise right now.
I disagree. I think they have plenty of evidence but LE is hoping to find the body and that explains the delay for making an arrest. They can also go to court and provide the evidence they do have and a Judge could decide to put the child in state custody.

I remember in the Mollie Tibbett's case many posters believed LE "had nothing" and then, boom, an arrest.
I have confidence in LE. JMO

I disagree. I think they have plenty of evidence but LE is hoping to find the body and that explains the delay for making an arrest. They can also go to court and provide the evidence they do have and a Judge could decide to put the child in state custody.

I remember in the Mollie Tibbett's case many posters believed LE "had nothing" and then, boom, an arrest.

But LE in Mollie’s case didn’t have anything...until that one video was finally reviewed...jmo

From what I understand, not having a body is a big deal regarding an arrest for murder JMO

But imagine if you had to care for a 1 year old during that time as well.

I have a one year old that doesn't stop for 2 seconds and is literally into EVERYTHING. I think still, with 10 days, I would be able to cover my tracks a little better. It makes me think maybe this was not planned and some things were done in panic/haste as he wasn't sure how much time he would have and he got an idea in his head and stuck with it...

Irrefutable facts: PF did not report KB missing. PF has not asked the public for help finding her. PF has not answered questions that LE need answered to help them find KB.

Its truly remarkable how so many people are willing to believe just about anything someone says, as long as it supports whatever they choose to believe in or agree with. This guy abuses animals, he cheats on a girlfriend who is in the hospital and whatever else everyone quickly deems factual. I am in the extreme minority of people who chooses to look at these statements as, just something someone is saying at this point. I believe, when trying to decide if a human being is guilty of doing something really, really awful, that anything that anyone says about the person or the persons life, needs to be supported by irrefutable evidence. It makes no difference what I believe or think happened in this case. There is hardly any irrefutable evidence supporting anything we have heard or read about. Almost all the "facts of the case" have come from something someone has said, based on their personal perception and what they have chosen to believe about the people involved in this case and the lives they lived. That is it. I believe it is a little dangerous to make personal perception and personal beliefs, fact, in any situation. I am fairly certain most people would strongly oppose that being done with anything in their lives outside of sleuthing this case.

From what I understand, not having a body is a big deal regarding an arrest for murder JMO
It is. LE highly prefers to have this crucial piece of evidence before making an arrest for murder. Otherwise, the defense will argue that the prosecution cannot prove the victim is deceased. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper