CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I think if its not relevant, LE would respect KB's privacy.

Good answer to a question

But, not an answer to the question I am asking.

What could have been in that bag, that if PF saw it, could have IMMEDIATELY made him emotionally harmful?

Is there something? In YOUR opinion

If there is, that could be a reason LE has not mentioned what was purchased.

Did the lawyer statement use past tense? Had or Has?
He said their relationship "is largely positive. Like most relationships it has its ups and downs, but for the most part it's a good relationship."
Kelsey Berreth Case: What to Know About the Missing Colorado Mom Last Seen on Thanksgiving Day
I can't find the video, but there is a video from inside edition where he was being interviewed and when I heard him say that, I was gobsmacked because we've all be under the assumption they were having issues, broke up that day and PF must have used that as an excuse for why KB would leave on her own accord. It would appear that even PF is saying the relationship is good, which really makes it strange he didn't keep in contact with her or think it was odd that she wasn't contacting him.

In my thinking out loud, I wasn't actually thinking about the visit to Grandma's in Soap Lake. I was just thinking....IF PF had picked up daughter for whatever reason (what is they really HAD broken up?) and she had nothing better to do, she might go for a recreational flight with a friend (don't know what the weather was like that day) on the spur of the moment, fully intending to return later that afternoon. Something happens.....Again, just thinking out loud.

The cell phone thing....a flight friend or coworker would know to send text to PF and work?
I think this is absolutely plausabile IF PF and KB were actually broken up and CB just didn’t know that. Whether KB didn’t want her mom to know for whatever reason. If this did happen, I would say it’s a love interest who she, after going fly with, rejected his advances and he became angry (similar to MT’s case). I could see PF not wanting to speak out about the break up out of respect for KB, knowing CB didn’t know. But then we have PF not letting CB see her grandbaby, LE having enough for a search warrant, etc....so yeah, I just don’t know.

New poster here.

I wanted to give my thoughts on this very strange case. I strongly believe if law enforcement had anything on her fiancé, he would be done for by now. I also find his behavior very odd but we really don’t know the extent of their relationship. I think if he snapped and murdered Kelsey, he wouldn’t have drove with a dead body in his car to Idaho and send text messages 3 days later after she was last seen. Even if he buried her body somewhere nearby, I just don’t think it’s really plausible to think someone would take the persons purse, keys and phone 800 miles away only to send messages to himself and her boss days later. I really really don’t.

They had enough on him to support probable cause that evidence of a crime was present on his property and/or in his vehicles. That's significant and not even a tiny bit close to nothing.

He may not have driven with her body to Idaho. Posters have pointed out the improbability of that, which enlightened me. It is more likely he dumped her somewhere close to home and then later drove her phone to ID to create a false trail.

And of course it is probable that a murderer would go to great lengths to hide their involvement and mislead LE. If you have followed cases like this for any length of time that would become quite apparent to you, I believe.

Would it be plausible that a woman would wear diapers and take several gas cans along so she could drive for days without stopping in order to kill the girlfriend of her ex? (Lisa Nowak).

Would it be plausible that a man would ambush a family, murder most of them and the family dog, dismember them
And hide the pieces of their corpses dozens of feet high, shoving them down the top of a hollowed out tree? (Matthew Hoffman)

How about going out of town and staying in a hotel, but then disabling the hotel cameras and driving back home to murder one's spouse, and then back to the hotel, in a 169 mile round trip lasting about 8 hours? (Jason Young)

What wouldn't a perp do to escape justice for murder?

Search warrants are the easiest to get. You don’t send messages or make calls from today’s phones because they are the easiest to track.

He said their relationship "is largely positive. Like most relationships it has its ups and downs, but for the most part it's a good relationship."
Kelsey Berreth Case: What to Know About the Missing Colorado Mom Last Seen on Thanksgiving Day
I can't find the video, but there is a video from inside edition where he was being interviewed and when I heard him say that, I was gobsmacked because we've all be under the assumption they were having issues, broke up that day and PF must have used that as an excuse for why KB would leave on her own accord. It would appear that even PF is saying the relationship is good, which really makes it strange he didn't keep in contact with her or think it was odd that she wasn't contacting him.
I don’t think she bought much of interest, but those things have to be kept private because they could serve as crucial evidence as where they may be found could corroborate her whereabouts timeline.

I was surprised when I heard the attorney say this also. BUT it was a very edited clip, and I didn't hear him say fiance or even boyfriend/girlfriend. "Relationships" take many forms. He could have very easily being referring to their relationship as co-parents. I will have to go back and listen but as I remember it was so edited that you couldn't hear the exact question that was asked to elicit that answer.

Just that her social circle may be smaller than some more typical circles of her age group.

My post was in response to one wondering why not more commentary from those who know her or are acquainted with KB.

I guess we are sort of fundamentalist in all of our religions around here….

But eating meat, listening to secular music, not observing Saturday sabbath, oh my!

all imo

Ok, got it. I don't really read much into not many friends coming forward to the press. She is a working mom with a 15 month old baby. That's a hard time in life to make new friends regardless of your religious beliefs. And it sounds to me like she may be an introvert. Here is some of what we know about her personality:

One of her neighbors, who agreed to talk with News 5 upon our agreement in not showing her face or using her name, said she only shared brief conversations with Berreth. Still, she could sense Berreth as a nice person.

She’s an awesome person. She’s so kind… You can tell she’s a very kind-hearted person,” the neighbor said.

Berreth’s uncle, Ed Stanfill, called her disappearance out of character, also saying she’s comfortable in keeping to herself.

“Typically, she’s fairly quiet. I mean, she’s really reserved,” Stanfill said. “It’s not normal. Kelsey and her mom typically talk quite often. I mean, they were attached at the hip since she was little. I mean, they were best friends.”

Neighbor: Kelsey Berreth is ‘a very kind-hearted person’

As far as 45 miles away, according to this expert.

So that phone was in Idaho, regardless.

Sam Kraemer on Twitter

Sam may not have asked the right question.

It is true, that for a cell phone to establish and maintain a conversation with a cell tower, that 45 miles is the outside range.

LE indicated a single ping

Clue: what device in a pickup truck could extend the ability of a cell tower to pick up a single ping in Idaho from a pickup truck in Colorado?

Under what conditions could that occur?

Is that a common device for a farrier to have in their pickup?

Good answer to a question

But, not an answer to the question I am asking.

What could have been in that bag, that if PF saw it, could have IMMEDIATELY made him emotionally harmful?

Is there something? In YOUR opinion

If there is, that could be a reason LE has not mentioned what was purchased.
Store brand hot dogs?

Then, releasing it to the media should be easy.
I think it absolutely has meaning to the case. Was it items she would prepare for a meal for Thanksgiving? If so, she had Thanksgiving plans and didn’t tell PF or PF screwed his own alibi.
Maybe it's being withheld because it's irrelevant or it's relevant for a different reason. Like what if what she bought plays into whether she left voluntarily or not. It could be important to the timeline? I don't know.

For example, let's say she told her mom, "PF is coming early to pick up the baby and I'm going to pick up some ingredients for x, y, z for PF's mom. I'm going to cook/bake it and PF will pick me up when I'm done. Then after PF takes me to dinner we are going to drop it off with his mom."

Or whatever.

If the ingredients are still there and the item isn't cooked/baked or is only half done, that could say something about the timeline. If the ingredients are gone and no dish is present at the house, that could be evidence that KB left with PF.

There are a multitude of reasons for not releasing any info to the public.
Exactly. Or they could be holding that info back in order to catch PF in a lie. I.E. PF says she was going to visit her grandmother. But the groceries tell LE she was planning on making something Thanksgiving related. It’s either KB or PF in a lie and I’m going with the latter. IMO

ETA - I don’t think we are inclined to know anything LE doesn’t want us to know. I want KB found, and if that means LE has to keep things from us in order to get the job done, so be it! Just offering explanation as to why they might not release that info.

She handled it well on camera. She must be so confused and devastated. I can understand his reluctance to talk to the press, but to not talk to CB or LE is just evil on his part. How is she and Clint (brother) not in his face?

Respectfully, nothing to be gained and much to be lost by CB/ Clint getting in PF’s face. Appears he has a hair trigger temper based on reports from individuals with first hand knowledge. PF could snap and injure/kill baby K if pushed by KB’s family.

New poster here.

I wanted to give my thoughts on this very strange case. I strongly believe if law enforcement had anything on her fiancé, he would be done for by now. I also find his behavior very odd but we really don’t know the extent of their relationship. I think if he snapped and murdered Kelsey, he wouldn’t have drove with a dead body in his car to Idaho and send text messages 3 days later after she was last seen. Even if he buried her body somewhere nearby, I just don’t think it’s really plausible to think someone would take the persons purse, keys and phone 800 miles away only to send messages to himself and her boss days later. I really really don’t.
You would be surprised then at the lengths some criminals have,or would go to when covering up a crime.
Like the black widow woman,who pretended to be her own twin sister,after she supposedly died of cancer.
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/6931411/audrey-marie-hilley

Last edited:
From post 4 from page 1:

"ADMIN NOTE: Welcome to our new members.
If you haven't done so yet, please take a little time to review the Etiquette & Information forum, and the Rules Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

In the meantime, I'll give you the run down on a few important ones.

Harmony 2, Sunday at 10:01 AMReport
#4Unlike+ QuoteReply"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members