CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha. The website does not cover checking in as No Publicity. You can check in this way and usually a number is assigned like NP2018XXXX. The hospital will deny you are in the hospital if anyone calls asking for or about you by name and does not know the unique patient number and password you select. This is done for VIP's, movie stars, etc. and also some victims like domestic violence and gang crime, but anyone can request it. It will not stop LE inquiries, but they would need to have an idea where to look.

I do not believe KB is in a hospital with all this national attention.

Not at all, but where to look for her depends on what her plans were.

To me, ID seems plausible, but on the other hand, LE is in Colorado, and KB's family is in Colorado. It seems they feel she is there.

Hi, mom to an autistic child and an aunt to two others.... most autistic people (Aspergers is no longer a diagnosis) do very poorly with "pretending" to be social. Sociopaths and narcissists, however, are very good at mimicking. I see nothing in CWs behavior, or in PFs, to indicate they were undiagnosed autistic persons.

KB's phone did contact him, on Nov 25
The public has not been informed about the content of the text, but Doss Aviation was told in their Nov 25 text that she was taking the week off.

Why was PF supposed to report her missing when in his mind she wasn't missing? After CB & PF spoke, CB reported KB missing, on Dec. 2. Did you want him to file another missing report? What DAY was PF supposed to report her missing in your opinion?

PF is responsible for the baby - not the strong, independent woman with her own home and career with whom they share a baby.
Late in the day Nov. 23 at the very latest if you expect me to believe that it's reasonable for him to pick up their child on her day off, which I don't. MOO.

I suspect that in five years from Anow, the syndrome would fall into different genosets, as people with Asperger's are so different. However, it is my feeling that what could look like (and even be) a "new norm" in high-populated, IT-laden areas of West Coast, might stand out in the flyover country.

As to animals, I suspect we all like being around animals more than humans as this world is overpopulaAted and people start irritating each other. Animals are a much smaller group. :)
All the more reason to not mistreat them.

True, but her coworkers might be able to say if she ever came to work upset about anything, or excited about plans...anything they could add would probably help the investigation.
The co-workers would even know, whether KB used to sent an sms for taking a whole week off from work, especially since that is not common. To ask for permission would be another matter. IMO

Expanding on a thought from the previous thread. I said that IMHO, KB leaving the home with only her purse indicates that she probably got in a vehicle with Someone Else. If I am right, her cell phone was most likely in that purse at the time. And if that cell phone was tracking her location, LE will know exactly where it went. IMHO, that might have been the basis for them to obtain the search warrant for PF's home.
Florissant and Woodland Park are only 15 miles apart and low population. Wouldn't her phone ping the same cell tower at each location? I think her phone use is important between the calls with CB on 11/22 and then the two texts and Gooding, ID ping on 11/25. Was her phone turned Off? When and where was that last ping in Teller County?

Last edited:
So how does she get treatment for over a month, without a name or insurance?

True! I'm a nurse and the second a patient is admitted we immediately have to start discharge planning. Even in a psych unit patients typically don't stay more than a few days, get them stabilized and send them back out. Hospital beds are a hot commodity and insurance dictates how long patients can stay for. Anyone saying she's in a hospital somewhere hasn't worked in a hospital recently IMO.

KB's phone did contact him, on Nov 25
The public has not been informed about the content of the text, but Doss Aviation was told in their Nov 25 text that she was taking the week off.

Why was PF supposed to report her missing when in his mind she wasn't missing? After CB & PF spoke, CB reported KB missing, on Dec. 2. Did you want him to file another missing report? What DAY was PF supposed to report her missing in your opinion?

PF is responsible for the baby - not the strong, independent woman with her own home and career with whom they share a baby.
Ugh. If you left your baby with your significant other and said you were going to take off work for a week and go on a road trip, You would really be fine with no contact whatsoever? Despite a shared baby? Wouldn’t bother you in the slightest if over that entire week, he never became concerned that you didn’t contact him to say “I made it”? That he didn’t try to text you, or call you, when you didn’t contact him? And when that didn’t work either, he didn’t drive by your house to make sure one car was actually gone? Not on the 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 or 1st, and finally on the 2nd your mother shows more concern than your significant other?

This has nothing to do with being a strong, independent woman, IMHO. It has to do with a basic level of concern for an important human being in his life. Which pretty much anyone in his shoes would have. Unless he knew what happened to her already.

True! I'm a nurse and the second a patient is admitted we immediately have to start discharge planning. Even in a psych unit patients typically don't stay more than a few days, get them stabilized and send them back out. Hospital beds are a hot commodity and insurance dictates how long patients can stay for. Anyone saying she's in a hospital somewhere hasn't worked in a hospital recently IMO.
I totally agree. I work in a large hospital in an administrative role- I was thinking of a patient we had who was from Maryland somehow ended up in the middle of a 8 lane highway in Pennsylvania. She had no ID, the first thing social work does is extract next of kin contact information. We traced down her mom and ex-husband. Turns out she was discharged from the military and had PTSD from being in the Middle East. I can think of many more similar cases- not once was the person not identified and family members contacted. That scenario should be eliminated.

If she made it to Idaho, then I doubt her fiance had anything to do with it because you can't just leave livestock without care and if he had others care for his cattle, then the police would have known about it. I find it interesting that there seems to be no information about her students or other people at the airport that she works at. I wonder who they are and what they know.....
If he had cattle, it looks like they would be in the 30-50 head range. Feeding would involve dumping one 1500 pound bale per day and that would be it, a 15 minute operation. If he were to be gone two days, it would take two bales and 30 minutes. If he went to Idaho and back and did not sleep, it would take probably 24 hours.

- The neighbor stated it was a shared driveway between herself and KB.
- You can only see the baby's head in the first few shots because of the carseat cover. It blocks her head at other camera angles. It's a retractable cover that can be pulled forward to cover the child.
JMO, MOO, etc and observations from previous posts/questions...

Nope! I fully think he drove with ONE phone only while powered off to somewhere near Gooding. Then, powered phone back on, sent 2 strategic texts to pacify, powered off, destroyed said phone, then drove back in barely under 24 hours. JMO. MOO. IMO
And if you checked his personal phone, he did not make any calls during that period. MOO

Last edited:
Ugh. If you left your baby with your significant other and said you were going to take off work for a week and go on a road trip, You would really be fine with no contact whatsoever? Despite a shared baby? Wouldn’t bother you in the slightest if over that entire week, he never became concerned that you didn’t contact him to say “I made it”? That he didn’t try to text you, or call you, when you didn’t contact him? And when that didn’t work either, he didn’t drive by your house to make sure one car was actually gone? Not on the 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 or 1st, and finally on the 2nd your mother shows more concern than your significant other?

This has nothing to do with being a strong, independent woman, IMHO. It has to do with a basic level of concern for an important human being in his life. Which pretty much anyone in his shoes would have. Unless he knew what happened to her already.

I no longer consider PF and KB to be significant others based on the information to date. I believe that they were co-parenting the baby and otherwise had no social relationship.

PF picked up the baby on 11/22. KB was on her own time. KB's phone sent a followup text explaining whatever. By 12/2 PF never had reason to be concerned given whatever KB's text had told him.

Not everyone is tethered all the time or has some need to be in continuous contact with others. Why should PF care what KB is doing other than information about exchanging the baby? What she does is not his business.

If she made it to Idaho, then I doubt her fiance had anything to do with it because you can't just leave livestock without care and if he had others care for his cattle, then the police would have known about it. I find it interesting that there seems to be no information about her students or other people at the airport that she works at. I wonder who they are and what they know.....
I tend to think she willingly got into the car and somehow made it to Idaho, perhaps under duress?, but something went wrong thereafter.

If her fiancé has people who will go dump his trash while he sits in the car suspected of murder, then he has a friend who would watch his cattle.

Here is a newpaper with a nice pic of the ranch. But if you scroll down, there is a larger pic of Kelsy with the car seat. Does anyone see a 1 year old in there? Was the baby very tiny? The average 1 yr old is 30 inches and 23 lbs. Could a 1 year old of that size be in that crumpled blanket?
I did not look at it, but several threads back, other users did closeups on the video and felt they could see the head and hand.

He probably had people to take care of the animals. There doesn't seem to be any evidence that he asked anyone to come care for the livestock. The police would have checked on it. My "ranch" consists of peacocks, parrots, cats, and dogs and I have to have someone come in to care for them if we're going to be gone overnight or longer.
The whole idea, though, is that if friends are willing to go out publicly and dump the trash of someone under suspicion of murder, they might also watch his cattle and not tell police.

Remember, it was a worker at the dump station that notified police. His friends apparently didn’t see the need to let law enforcement know they had been asked to help dispose of the trash.

Thoughts from someone who has been that unmarried person in an “it’s complicated” relationship with the father.

I don’t think it’s all that strange for them to have been together even if they weren’t still a couple. KB worked a lot. She missed a lot of time with her child. This would be the first holiday season where she was actually aware. There are plenty of co-parents, myself included, who would be fine with celebrating together just so you could both be with your child. Not every separated couple has animosity. Sometimes you’ve tried everything,you know it’s not going to work.

KB also didn’t have family there. Even more reason to spend thanksgiving with her child and her child’s family. I’m my life, this isn’t weird.

However, if PF was controlling, and I have the impression he was (MOO), maybe KB went along with the plan not bc she wanted to spend the holiday with him but bc she wanted to spend it with her child.

I don’t think she was necessarily lying to her mom. If they were on again/off again, she may not have wanted to give out new relationship info until she knew what the future held.

I don’t think she would take her few days off to travel without her child.

I think the cinnamon rolls were left out bc she was going to be coming back home, or she was running late.

I think PF was picking both of them up.

I doubt she had the time or energy to pursue a new relationship.

MOO

Thoughts from someone who has been that unmarried person in an “it’s complicated” relationship with the father.

I don’t think it’s all that strange for them to have been together even if they weren’t still a couple. KB worked a lot. She missed a lot of time with her child. This would be the first holiday season where she was actually aware. There are plenty of co-parents, myself included, who would be fine with celebrating together just so you could both be with your child. Not every separated couple has animosity. Sometimes you’ve tried everything,you know it’s not going to work.

KB also didn’t have family there. Even more reason to spend thanksgiving with her child and her child’s family. I’m my life, this isn’t weird.

However, if PF was controlling, and I have the impression he was (MOO), maybe KB went along with the plan not bc she wanted to spend the holiday with him but bc she wanted to spend it with her child.

I don’t think she was necessarily lying to her mom. If they were on again/off again, she may not have wanted to give out new relationship info until she knew what the future held.

I don’t think she would take her few days off to travel without her child.

I think the cinnamon rolls were left out bc she was going to be coming back home, or she was running late.

I think PF was picking both of them up.

I doubt she had the time or energy to pursue a new relationship.

MOO
I agree with this 100%
It would be interesting to know what time he returned to his home after going to KB's residence. I'm sure there has been some sort of contact between LE and PF's mom. It would be really interesting to know what sort of timeline between PF going to pick up his daughter and returning home that PF's mom could provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass