CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Referring again to this article regarding this cell phone ping in Idaho and how the tower dumps work. The expert says towers only hold that data for three to five days. Woodland Park Police Chief Miles De Young said the texts and the ping happened on Nov. 25, but Berreth wasn’t reported missing by her mother until Dec. 2.

Cell phone data is key to cracking Berreth case, expert says

I thought I read that a tower dump wouldn't be useful because the tower dump only stores information for 3-5 days. She wasn't reported missing in time so the window of opportunity was missed.
jmo

(Wow really? Interesting. I’ve never heard of this time limitation in other cases...is there a link please? I’m very interested in this, if it’s just those towers specifically, etc etc...thanks in advance!)

Cell phone data is key to cracking Berreth case, expert says

Okay, let's go back to the start. Remind me again, what proof do we have that a crime has been committed?
Not an investigation of a crime. Investigation of a missing person. Certainly the longer she stays missing, the more likely it is that a crime occurred. You start close and work your way out, and as far as we can tell LE is still on the “close” angle with no apparent evidence leading them away from it yet

It has been reported that she moved there to be close to PF. If there where issues with PF the job takes a back seat. I'm actually witnessing this at my work place now! Coworker is completely sidetrack on the relationship issues and has lost focus on her job.

I disagree. Her job is critically important to the relationship. She doesn't live with him and at this time, it looks like he wasn't dependable. She had her own home. She was probably very dependent on him emotionally, but she seems pretty independent. MOO.

Florissant and Woodland Park are only 15 miles apart and low population. Wouldn't her phone ping the same cell tower at each location? I think her phone use is important between the calls with CB on 11/22 and then the two texts and Gooding, ID ping on 11/25. Was her phone turned Off? When and where was that last ping in Teller County?
If her cell phone had "Location" turned on, it would be tracked by satellites as well as cell towers (GPS). GPS is far more precise.

Last edited:
I’m trying to figure out where exactly cell phone towers are located around KB’s and PF’s residences. I didn’t realize how super-secret and unclear the information is.

But a search pulled up cellmapper.net and it showed what I think are Verizon towers in Woodland Park, Divide, Florissant, and Cripple Creek. (It showed an AT&T tower in Woodland Park but Verizon coverage is better so I assume most people there have Verizon.)

So if PF and/or KB had Verizon as their service provider, their phone pings would most likely hit the nearest tower, right? If I click on “map” for each tower, it gives a polygon of what I assume is coverage. Am I interpreting cellmapper correctly?

Just wondering how precise Nov 22 phone pings could be. Are they so precise that a journey could be detailed by pings?
There are cell tower 'pings' and then there's GPS, which uses satellites. (Where is our engineer this morning?)

Somehow I just don't see PF being tech savvy. Especially after watching his dog training vids. I don't think he would know how to do fake pings or disabling phones. This is a big reason why I think he had an accomplice who DID know.

Just because he's country and was learning to use a smartphone several years behind most people does not indicate his current tech savvy. He probably learned a lot about tech stuff from KB and if he's reasonably intelligent, he could easily find out how to do a lot more. MOO.

Just because he's country and was learning to use a smartphone several years behind most people does not indicate his current tech savvy. He probably learned a lot about tech stuff from KB and if he's reasonably intelligent, he could easily find out how to do a lot more. MOO.
I didn't imply that it was because he was "country". I know a quite a few "country" people who are tech savvy. I meant because of his previous vids and a lack of social media presence. It was JMO. However, I do understand your point and agree that he could've learned a lot from KB or Googling over the last year. I just don't see him putting in the effort to learn it.
Edited grammar

If her cell phone had "Location" turned on, it would be tracked by satellites as well as cell towers (GPS). GPS is far more precise.
I would guess that whoever took the phone to Idaho would have turned the location setting to "off" the minute they had control of the phone IF they were aware of it. Perhaps that's why LE's main focus has only been on PF's and KB's properties? If the location setting was "on" on the 22nd and that changed?

Okay, let's go back to the start. Remind me again, what proof do we have that a crime has been committed?
Who said that we had proof that a crime has been committed? Investigators from WPPD, CBI, and the FBI are trying to determine if that's the case now. All we 'know' from them is that they have said that KB's disappearance is 'suspicious'. MOO

I’m trying to figure out where exactly cell phone towers are located around KB’s and PF’s residences. I didn’t realize how super-secret and unclear the information is.

But a search pulled up cellmapper.net and it showed what I think are Verizon towers in Woodland Park, Divide, Florissant, and Cripple Creek. (It showed an AT&T tower in Woodland Park but Verizon coverage is better so I assume most people there have Verizon.)

So if PF and/or KB had Verizon as their service provider, their phone pings would most likely hit the nearest tower, right? If I click on “map” for each tower, it gives a polygon of what I assume is coverage. Am I interpreting cellmapper correctly?

Just wondering how precise Nov 22 phone pings could be. Are they so precise that a journey could be detailed by pings?
I thought the ping they consider important is the one that occurred on the 25th, which was 800 miles away. There was only one, but apparently there should have been pings all along the way. I'm not sure about the towers around their residences or how they play into it.

I would guess that whoever took the phone to Idaho would have turned the location setting to "off" the minute they had control of the phone IF they were aware of it. Perhaps that's why LE's main focus has only been on PF's and KB's properties? If the location setting was "on" on the 22nd and that changed?
Yes, but I am more concerned with where the phone was on Nov. 22, the last day KB was seen (by Safeway's camera) as far as we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amber42