CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet she is in Idaho with someone she started a new relationship with. ... snipped by me for brevity...She was a pilot and she would lose her license if she is found to suffer from some disorders. The police would not know because HIPPA and privacy laws would require the medical facility to deny any knowledge of her. She, and her phone, may be together seeking help. Everything is a theory right now. There is just no evidence available.

Yea, because that new person she started that new relationship is not going to be freaked out by law enforcement searching for his true new love listed as an endangered person. Okay, but for fun, we could even say she met a guy willing to do so. I would bet that, in this scenario, others have seen her and are aware she is alive and well. Someone that would be happy to get the reward for finding her. (And of course that scenario does not touch her leaving everything behind. Nor does it address his damning behavior. This isn’t just MOO. - LE and the courts have found enough probable cause for search warrants.)

And if you want to talk about HIPAA- what you think you know as fact is not accurate. https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/f...ergency/final_hipaa_guide_law_enforcement.pdf

and there is also this out as well:https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/f...standing/consumers/sharing-family-friends.pdf

OFFICE FOR
Sharing Health Information with Family Members and Friends 1
SHARING HEALTH INFORMATION WITH FAMILY MEMBERS AND FRIENDS
CIVIL RIGHTS
There is a federal law, called the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), that sets rules for health care providers and health plans about who can look at and receive your health information, including those closest to you – your family members and friends. The HIPAA Privacy Rule ensures that you have rights over your health information, including the right to get your information, make sure it’s correct, and know who has seen it...

(Snipped by me - brevity)

A health care provider or health plan may also share relevant information if you are not around or cannot give permission when a health care provider or plan representative believes, based on professional judgment, that sharing the information is in your best interest.

Sharing Health Information with Family Members and Friends 2
Examples:
• You had emergency surgery and are still unconscious. Your surgeon may tell your spouse about your condition, either in person or by phone, while you are unconscious.
• Your doctor may discuss your drugs with your caregiver who calls your doctor with a question about the right dosage.
• A doctor may not tell your friend about a past medical problem that is unrelated to your current condition.

For more information about sharing your health information with family members and friends, or more information about HIPAA, visit www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/index.html.
For more information, visit www.hhs.gov/ocr.
U.S. Department of Health & Human Services Office for Civil Rights

Thoughts from someone who has been that unmarried person in an “it’s complicated” relationship with the father.

I don’t think it’s all that strange for them to have been together even if they weren’t still a couple. KB worked a lot. She missed a lot of time with her child. This would be the first holiday season where she was actually aware. There are plenty of co-parents, myself included, who would be fine with celebrating together just so you could both be with your child. Not every separated couple has animosity. Sometimes you’ve tried everything,you know it’s not going to work.

KB also didn’t have family there. Even more reason to spend thanksgiving with her child and her child’s family. I’m my life, this isn’t weird.

However, if PF was controlling, and I have the impression he was (MOO), maybe KB went along with the plan not bc she wanted to spend the holiday with him but bc she wanted to spend it with her child.

I don’t think she was necessarily lying to her mom. If they were on again/off again, she may not have wanted to give out new relationship info until she knew what the future held.

I don’t think she would take her few days off to travel without her child.

I think the cinnamon rolls were left out bc she was going to be coming back home, or she was running late.

I think PF was picking both of them up.

I doubt she had the time or energy to pursue a new relationship.

MOO

Spot on and absolutely agree.

The only evidence of fiance status comes from CB. There is no registry at a departmebt store, there is no date, there is no deposit on a venue one year out, no request with a minister or church, no dress, no bridesmaids on call. IMO PF is not the fiance, not the boyfriend, just the other coparent.

He got a text from her. So, No, I do not believe KB missing is his problem but her family's problem.
How can it not be his problem when the other co- parent is missing? Whether they were engaged or not she is still a partner in parenting. That relationship lasts 18 years. Its an important one if you want what's best for the child.
Yes, he received a text from her. We don't know who sent the text, we only know it was sent by someone using her phone on the same day PF spoke to Kelseys mother.
If PF is involved in her disappearance, than I would say he has a big problem. If not, it would still make him a single parent which is by no means easy and certainly is "his problem." His mother won't be around to help him forever and it just gets harder as they get older. Imo

My ex husband is spending Christmas with us bc he has no family here and I just wouldn’t leave him to spend it alone. The thought of him being missing and me not reporting it is just ridiculous. That is the father of my children and they need him whether I can live with him or not.

Thank you!

I don’t have the energy to respond to this. It is ridiculous, and based solely on hope, not in fact.

I feel like we have gone in circles on this issue, and despite the input from people like yourself (knowledgeable in this sort of thing), we’re not making any progress.

Kelsey is as likely to be in a mental hospital, as she is on some distant planet.

This does not happen.

"Kelsey is as likely to be in a mental hospital, as she is on some distant planet."

My feelings exactly!

My ex husband is spending Christmas with us bc he has no family here and I just wouldn’t leave him to spend it alone. The thought of him being missing and me not reporting it is just ridiculous. That is the father of my children and they need him whether I can live with him or not.
I agree. I have an intense dislike for my daughter's father. But I have attended family gatherings at his house for the sake of my child and we all get along just fine. When you share the love for a child you need to make it work. Not showing concern for a missing parent is just not normal.
When family court gets involved there is even more pressure to get along, as each parent has to make sacrifices and compromise. I wonder if this was a topic that was brought up at one point. Maybe one of them wanted to file in order to get custody, and there was an argument that led to her disappearance. Since it has been suggested that there may have been a breakup, I can't help but think that this may have played a role. Imo

It didn’t stop plenty of people diagnosing him with it though.

It appears that narcissistic sociopathy, looks like Aspergers to some people.

Is narcissistic sociopathy an actual diagnosis, because I’m interested in reading more about it. It seems that Chris Watts and Scott Peterson definitely had it and many more are afflicted. Scary!

I hear you! Many years ago my ex, after four years of separation and the divorce almost final, gave up his apartment, quit his job and was living in his car. I was so scared he would self harm. We had regained a good relationship after separation. As soon as I knew this happened I called his family that lived about 300 miles away to get them to help find him. I could not bear for my children not to have their dad in their lives regardless that our marriage broke down. After six months, he returned to his job (understanding employer) and returned to a normal life. We spend many holidays together enjoying our grandchildren now.

PF appears very detached.

Her going missing “is her family’s problem?”

I don’t care if they were engaged or not, together or broken up, she is the mother of his child.

He got a text from her, likely because he sent it to himself.

She is missing, likely because of him.

She is very likely dead, at his hand.

Oh, it’s his problem all right.

While I disagree with Sandy, I believe you missed the point. The discussion was that if PF did NOT create her disappearance, should he have been concerned at the lack of contact after the 25th and before the 2nd, and tried to do something about it?

Obviously if he set things in motion, then he’s the problem.

It happens quite often that there is a huge nationwide search and the missing person has been chilling in a mental facility with doctors and no one tells LE she's there? That just doesn't happen, sorry.
I would love to know exactly how many cases there have been like that when this much time has passed with LE being involved and with this much public awareness. I can't recall any at all.

Her going missing “is her family’s problem?”

I don’t care if they were engaged or not, together or broken up, she is the mother of his child.

He got a text from her, likely because he sent it to himself.

She is missing, likely because of him.

She is very likely dead, at his hand.

Oh, it’s his problem all right.

If I could "like" this a hundred times, I would.

I’m trying to figure out where exactly cell phone towers are located around KB’s and PF’s residences. I didn’t realize how super-secret and unclear the information is.

But a search pulled up cellmapper.net and it showed what I think are Verizon towers in Woodland Park, Divide, Florissant, and Cripple Creek. (It showed an AT&T tower in Woodland Park but Verizon coverage is better so I assume most people there have Verizon.)

So if PF and/or KB had Verizon as their service provider, their phone pings would most likely hit the nearest tower, right? If I click on “map” for each tower, it gives a polygon of what I assume is coverage. Am I interpreting cellmapper correctly?

Just wondering how precise Nov 22 phone pings could be. Are they so precise that a journey could be detailed by pings?

I am dubious about how much 'care' he does take of his daughter, I think any man living with his mum is going to use his mum for babysitting- so if it is his routine to be out all day and leave K with his mum he has scope to move around freely.
And even the most sophisticated crims make mistakes, so I don't necessarily believe he is the worlds most fastidious - he might want to rid himself of evidence after the fact. Maybe he kept a trophy and now its way too dangerous to hold on to it so goes to dispose it.
ITA.

Thoughts from someone who has been that unmarried person in an “it’s complicated” relationship with the father.

I don’t think it’s all that strange for them to have been together even if they weren’t still a couple. KB worked a lot. She missed a lot of time with her child. This would be the first holiday season where she was actually aware. There are plenty of co-parents, myself included, who would be fine with celebrating together just so you could both be with your child. Not every separated couple has animosity. Sometimes you’ve tried everything,you know it’s not going to work.

KB also didn’t have family there. Even more reason to spend thanksgiving with her child and her child’s family. I’m my life, this isn’t weird.

However, if PF was controlling, and I have the impression he was (MOO), maybe KB went along with the plan not bc she wanted to spend the holiday with him but bc she wanted to spend it with her child.

I don’t think she was necessarily lying to her mom. If they were on again/off again, she may not have wanted to give out new relationship info until she knew what the future held.

I don’t think she would take her few days off to travel without her child.

I think the cinnamon rolls were left out bc she was going to be coming back home, or she was running late.

I think PF was picking both of them up.

I doubt she had the time or energy to pursue a new relationship.

MOO

Agree. And even if she was moving on (which I don't think) LE would have already determined that through cell logs, following up on contacts she called recently and would interview them. Although this investigation didn't start until Dec 2nd they've had time and resources to rule others out. There's so much going on behind the scenes we are not privy to. Their main focus still appears to be PF so mine is too :) When their focus changes I'll change gears.

Is narcissistic sociopathy an actual diagnosis, because I’m interested in reading more about it. It seems that Chris Watts and Scott Peterson definitely had it and many more are afflicted. Scary!
If you look up Narcissistic Personality Disorder and Antisocial Personality Disorder, you will find all the information you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper