CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #17 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Perhaps I missed the mark with my statement.

I was chatting with my single cousin recently. She’s 27, no children. She’s very career focused, enjoys her traveling and freedom. She met a nice guy at a cookout over the summer but had a hard time with his very young son. There was also a dynamic with the child’s mom that caused stress to their relationship.

She stepped away from the relationship because of how she felt and it was not fair for any of them. This was one of the reasons for my comment.

See... I think this would only work for someone who isn’t career focused and does have kids. My ex’s most recently failed marriage was to someone with kids from two different dads and she didn’t have a job. So she found him appealing. Thankfully she got her crap together and left him once she realized he could kill her.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m sure it’s been said about many accused and/or convicted of murder. It’s pretty much cliché. But when they said “more at 5pm” I assumed it’d be more than a 10second segment!
I know! So dissapointing! They are trying to get viewers when it is pretty much recycled or nothing new. I feel like I have spent so many hours of my life I can never get back chasing the headlines of promises. Sigh. My go to now is this site.

I know! So dissapointing! They are trying to get viewers when it is pretty much recycled or nothing new. I feel like I have spent so many hours of my life I can never get back chasing the headlines of promises. Sigh. My go to now is this site.
That’s what Twitter is for.

Breaking news will always appear there before it is broadcast on television.

It takes time to get news on the air.

We have no evidence that he was doing anything illegal. If that was the case, I would consider that motive, although even then I’d be skeptical.

Custody is the elephant in the room though.
For some reason custody isn't striking me as his motive.
A pregnancy, maybe?
Maybe he didn't want to do murder an (unborn) child so he asked someone else to do it.

It’s so hard to speculate with such little information. I’m beginning to wonder if someone else came into the picture and helped PF with his plans. Maybe a romantic interest that planted the seed and helped with the details?

Lack of interviews make it difficult to access his level of intelligence or get a decent read on him. CW was unable to articulate an intelligent thought and made himself look like the fool he is on camera so he was far more transparent.

The only thing that truly stuck out to me regarding PF was when he was chaining the gate while being filmed and he looked at the reporter right in the face for seconds before looking away. To me that seemed bold and almost challenging. No look of guilt, remorse or concern. Just cold and angry.

A pregnancy, maybe?
Maybe he didn't want to do murder an (unborn) child so he asked someone else to do it.
We certainly don’t know enough to say that he killed for a specific reason.

Pregnancy is possible, but I would expect Kelsey’s mother to know, if that was the case.

Something related to custody, possibly preceded by a breakup, is the best motive I can come up with.

Everything else is down the list.

I heard a comment on a crime show today that said murderers usually hide the body of victim close by their home and often on property of friends or family.
Chew on that.

I agree with close to home, and would be interested in research to support that murderers hide bodies at their friend's properties.

I have always been fascinated with the relationship between murder location (in this case the victim's home) and body disposal (in this case unknown).

"However, it is of note that in the present study, the distance between the homicide crime scene and the body disposal site was longer for victims who were relatives, intimate partners, or strangers than for acquaintances. It is possible that in these cases, offenders make an extra effort to distance themselves from the crime and of becoming a suspect.

In line with previous research on child abduction homicides (Nethery, 2004), the present results showed that in more half of the cases, the offenders disposed the bodies in areas that were familiar to them, most often because of them living in the area. Thus, in line with the routine activity theory (Felson, 1986), when selecting a place for hiding a body, a person will most likely select an area that s/he knows and where s/he feels comfortable.

The selection may also be based on the offender’s experiences, such as knowing that a certain area is ‘good’ for hiding the body (Brantingham & Brantingham, 1999). The results furthermore indicate that approximately half of the offenders put some extra effort in hiding the body by either covering it, e.g. with snow or attaching weights to the body when sinking it in the water."​

upload_2018-12-26_17-48-16.png

upload_2018-12-26_17-48-46.png

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/jip.77

A pregnancy, maybe?
I feel the same way. It could be as simple as he was done with the relationship and her, and this was his twisted resolution. I don't really feel that she would have allowed another pregnancy with the relationship status being what it was. First time was most likely an accident. IMO Edited to say that she possibly gave him an ulitmatum and he was happy with the current setup. Soon all will be revealed, I hope. I am glad that things are moving forward and that little Kaylee will finally have some stability and love with Kelsey's family after tomorrow.

There have been cases where even if the body was dumped in a remote area and there have been scavengers, the body has been identified by bones and clothing. IMO they have some evidence they have not revealed. IMO some witnesses have come forward. I am glad they are holding evidence close and I am willing to wait so that this case is open and shut.

Of course if bones and clothing are found it can most likely be identified. But what I said was some areas hikers do not even go to so if no one ever comes across it well it will never be found. There are such remote areas there.

And to add yes they have definitely kept lots of things very close to the vest,which they should,,because we still no so very little.

It’s so hard to speculate with such little information. I’m beginning to wonder if someone else came into the picture and helped PF with his plans. Maybe a romantic interest that planted the seed and helped with the details?

Lack of interviews make it difficult to access his level of intelligence or get a decent read on him. CW was unable to articulate an intelligent thought and made himself look like the fool he is on camera so he was far more transparent.

The only thing that truly stuck out to me regarding PF was when he was chaining the gate while being filmed and he looked at the reporter right in the face for seconds before looking away. To me that seemed bold and almost challenging. No look of guilt, remorse or concern. Just cold and angry.

Completely agree with your take on him in that video chaining the gate and looking at the reporter. It really creeped me out.

If his motive was custody, I would find it a stretch to believe it stemmed from love of the child. I’d be inclined to think it was driven by his desire to control KB at the point of, and even after, her death.

ETA MOO
Maybe he viewed the child as his possession. I do think he could have been loving and affectionate towards the child yet still be capable of murdering her mother. After all, he must have been loving enough at one time towards Kelsey for her to have fallen in love with him.
It's possible that she never even saw any signs right up until her death. Imo

Last edited:
No, lots of women think that a guy who is a “good dad” is sexy AF. I have friends who think there is nothing more appealing than a guy with a baby or a puppy. My ex is diagnosed with a variety of mental health issues including antisocial personality disorder (sociopathy) and he is a narcissist. He is 40 and aging like old leftovers... he is horrible looking. His face currently resembles bread dough that collapsed after rising. But the number of women willing to date him when he uses photos of my kid and her little sister on his dating profile is astounding.

Your description of your ex... hahahahagahagahahagas

I agree with close to home, and would be interested in research to support that murderers hide bodies at their friend's properties.

I have always been fascinated with the relationship between murder location (in this case the victim's home) and body disposal (in this case unknown).

"However, it is of note that in the present study, the distance between the homicide crime scene and the body disposal site was longer for victims who were relatives, intimate partners, or strangers than for acquaintances. It is possible that in these cases, offenders make an extra effort to distance themselves from the crime and of becoming a suspect.

In line with previous research on child abduction homicides (Nethery, 2004), the present results showed that in more half of the cases, the offenders disposed the bodies in areas that were familiar to them, most often because of them living in the area. Thus, in line with the routine activity theory (Felson, 1986), when selecting a place for hiding a body, a person will most likely select an area that s/he knows and where s/he feels comfortable.

The selection may also be based on the offender’s experiences, such as knowing that a certain area is ‘good’ for hiding the body (Brantingham & Brantingham, 1999). The results furthermore indicate that approximately half of the offenders put some extra effort in hiding the body by either covering it, e.g. with snow or attaching weights to the body when sinking it in the water."​

View attachment 161680

View attachment 161681

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/jip.77
LOL. They need the information for all the unsolved cases, the locations of the bodies that are never found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste