CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #17 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moved her? Where does that come from? She moved closer to him when she was pregnant. She bought a home and got a job in the area. She did that, not him.

Impregnated her? I'm sorry, that's as sad as the 1950s where women were blamed for getting themselves pregnant. Pregnancy is a tango for two. Neither party did something to the other. They got pregnant. She took action to build a life together.

I just have to point out that we don't know if she was pregnant when she moved there. Sorry to be THAT person. :oops:

I’m fairly certain that she wasn’t pregnant when she moved to Colorado. My understanding was that she met PF on the Internet, moved to CO, became pregnant/got engaged/etc.

The discussion about whether or not the term “impregnated” is appropriate is kind of beside the point, IMO.

Sorry was busy today. They were at Florissant Fossil beds np. Said most likely CBI/and or FBI with Teller county .

who knows if anything came of it or even related. but i'm going to assume if there were cbi present it's most likely related.
Just checked out Florissant Fossil Beds on Google Maps, and you can take the little yellow avatar guy (does he have a name?) and drop him right into the park and go along a dirt trail and see the lay of the land.... pretty interesting. Super flat, and could be driven at night, IMO...

I just have to point out that we don't know if she was pregnant when she moved there. Sorry to be THAT person. :oops:

Sure. Did she buy the property and get the job before she was pregnant, and then they were practically neighbors before she got pregnant? That definitely means that he did not move her 1000 miles.

I had some thoughts about the search of KB's home. It seems to have occurred late in the investigation with seems strange. I assume there was a cursory search early on but nothing of substance was found. (other than cinnamon rolls, which we wont get into). Based upon the "solicitation of first degree murder" charge, we are assuming this crime was very premeditated. So, if PF went to her place on TK to murder her, it would seem to me he would do so in a way that would not leave a lot of blood splatter. Even a non-sophisticated person knows about forensic basics. I would assume he would strangler her, so there would be very little bio evidence. Then remove her body. So the extensive search done last Thursday seems odd. I don't buy the idea that PF painted over splatter or re-did dry wall. Both would have left tell tale odors for a while and i think been easily noticed in the early search. I think the search of PF's property resulted in little evidence. The big hole is interesting, but I am guessing the cadaver dogs hinted at something there and the dug and dug and dug but found nothing. I think the dump incident is also irrelevant. PF may not be a genius, but he was apparently TRYING to be clever. Dropping evidence at the dump when he HAD to know he was under suspicion would be crazy. He didn't get out of the truck and let her other two guys unload. I think he was just giving assistance to those guys (friends or customers) to haul trash in his trailer. They arrived in cars, not pickups. They had no way to haul their trash. So what got LE so fired up for the search last Thursday? Had to be the 3rd party contacted them or they found that person. The search was done in the evening and the next morning at 7 am PF is arrested. Very very fast.
Someone asked earlier if it was odd to have an arrest this fast with no body. In this case I might say "yes." They might have a 3rd party providing info, critical info, but if i am the DA, I would want that body before the arrest. Once the defendant is arraigned the clock starts to tick on the "speedy trial" requirement. You don't need a body to convict, but it sure helps drastically reduce "reasonable doubt." I wonder if for some reason LE wasn't rushed in the arrest. Something made them pull the trigger on the arrest a bit sooner than they wanted.
What is your take on PF being arrested coming down his road?

I’m fairly certain that she wasn’t pregnant when she moved to Colorado. My understanding was that she met PF on the Internet, moved to CO, became pregnant/got engaged/etc.

The discussion about whether or not the term “impregnated” is appropriate is kind of beside the point, IMO.

That's good to know. Then we know for a fact that he did not move her 1000 miles, that instead she moved closer to him by choice. It sounds like he helped her move her furniture into her home. Nothing unusual there.

Did she move there for her job, look for a home, meet him, they got pregnant, and the rest is history? If so, I think we can put all the controlling/manipulating theories to rest, as getting a job, looking for a home, and meeting a man who lives with mom is not about him controlling her. Maybe she didn't know that he lived with mom and thought that he was a Rancher in good standing.

What is your take on PF being arrested coming down his road?
Hard to say. Was he maybe getting ready to flee? Where was the child? I dont know if she was there or not. Maybe he was heading to his lawyer's office in Colorado Springs. Maybe LE didn't know where he was going and didn't want to take a chance of him slipping away and just arrested him then.

That's good to know. Then we know for a fact that he did not move her 1000 miles, that instead she moved closer to him by choice. It sounds like he helped her move her furniture into her home. Nothing unusual there.

Did she move there for her job, look for a home, meet him, they got pregnant, and the rest is history? If so, I think we can put all the controlling/manipulating theories to rest, as getting a job, looking for a home, and meeting a man who lives with mom is not about him controlling her. Maybe she didn't know that he lived with mom and thought that he was a rancher in good standing.
I don't know this time line. Did she move here for him or for the job?

Sorry was busy today. They were at Florissant Fossil beds np. Said most likely CBI/and or FBI with Teller county .

who knows if anything came of it or even related. but i'm going to assume if there were cbi present it's most likely related.

OK. So that's kind of a big deal.

Note that the Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument is due south of Florissant on Route 1, few miles out of town. The National Park visitors center is on a pretty open knoll, not a good place to dispose of evidence. However there is a long swampy area accessible by dirt roads. This is seen in the attached image, running lower left to upper right. Why were they there?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-26 at 11.54.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-26 at 11.54.30 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 53
Sure. Did she buy the property and get the job before she was pregnant, and then they were practically neighbors before she got pregnant? That definitely means that he did not move her 1000 miles.
Her uncle said she moved there to be closer to him. The why of that we don't know. We did some math a couple of threads ago. The timing was close, the pregnancy and the move. My now famous ONS was introduced. It was reported they met online. For all we know it could have been a month or years that they talked online.
We just don't know.

Even if they were not ending their relationship, wouldn't the mother of a 15 month old child be thinking about socialization with peers for the child? It seems odd to me that the child was dragged around to work with PF and looked after by whomever was on site to babysit. That's no life for a child, and most mothers should want something more suitable for a child. Maybe she just started walking at 14 months and that marked the time when day to day care needed to change?
TBF K's b-day is mid Oct, 2017, so she was just over a year in November...IDK 2-3 months makes a difference IMO

We know she had a different aviation job before the current one, but no dates that I recall. We've also heard about a coffeehouse job, which might have been her first job in CO, or some have speculated she did that temporarily during the time she was too pregnant to continue the flying job.

I believe a family member described her moving to be with him, with him helping her move, and jobs coming after she was here.

I can't find links now so this is all IIRC and MOO

Kelsey's Aunt, who is a member here, posted that Kelsey broke up with PF the day before Thanksgiving.

But didn’t PF tell them that? Her mom said just the opposite...they had a loving relationship, were engaged, etc...

He had to justify why he was not concerned that he had not heard from her...so he said they had broken up that day. He knew Kelsey spoke to her mom all the time, so he said it happened on that last day...jmo

Do we know when she moved? We know when the baby was born.
Her uncle said she moved to be with him and got her job later. We also heard she had worked at a coffee shop at first, if I am not mistaken. And that she was pregnant at that time. Recall reading that...anyone else?

I don't know this time line. Did she move here for him or for the job?

I don't know, but I'm now very curious about the timeline of when she moved there.

Did she move there before she applied for and accepted the job, and was it before or after she met PF? House was bought in May 2018 which means her daughter was 6 months old. I thought I read somewhere that her family helped her with this.

If she applied for the job before she met him, then he had nothing to do with her decision to move to the area - he didn't do a 1000 mile thing. The birth of her daughter very likely influenced her decision about how close she would live to work and his mom's acreage, but not her decision to live there. It was her dream job - which suggests that she wanted the job long before she met him.

We know she had a different aviation job before the current one, but no dates that I recall. We've also heard about a coffeehouse job, which might have been her first job in CO, or some have speculated she did that temporarily during the time she was too pregnant to continue the flying job.

I believe a family member described her moving to be with him, with him helping her move, and jobs coming after she was here.

I can't find links now so this is all IIRC and MOO

They ground you at 7 months. Most pilots and flight attendants take out disability insurance, which covers your pay for 3 months.

TBF K's b-day is mid Oct, 2017, so she was just over a year in November...IDK 2-3 months makes a difference IMO

Thank you! 14 months. Should be walking, talking, climbing, toilet training, eating and drinking independently, and socializing with other same age children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cweiss72