CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #17 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did she live in Woodland Park? I think because it benefited her. Her small place in WP is nice and she got a great price. She could turn around and sell that for profit at any time due to location. Pueblo is sort of a blue collar place with some problems. I don't want to bash it, but its not the sort of town I picture KB wanting to live in. Plus, WP is close to PF and they can easily exchange the child. Again this benefits her. The commute is worth it to have someone there to watch the child. Even if she and PF weren't close anymore, it still made sense economically and to allow PF to see his daughter. You can pay $900-$1000 a month for day care for a child this age.

Last edited:
Kelsey's Aunt, who is a member here, posted that Kelsey broke up with PF the day before Thanksgiving.
True, but I'm pretty sure we've concluded in previous threads that Kelsey's aunt was likely just repeating what PF had said about them breaking up (before he retracted that via his lawyer...)

I really hope I'm wrong about this.
It is possible she didn't say anything to her mother because she was looking for more evidence.
PF is one gigantic red flag in every way.

moo

I agree. IMO she might also not have wanted to worry her mom so she was working thru the breakup and then might have been planning to share once everything (custody, childcare plans, moving?) was worked out.

My comments were in response to the suggestion upthread that perhaps she was moving closer to mom, and that is why she was murdered. I'm just saying that there doesn't seem to be any good reason for her to give up her dream job and her new home, so it's unlikely that this is a reason that she was murdered.
I realize what it was in response to. We will have to agree to disagree. :)

So there no evidence she had good friends through work or elsewhere. I wish she did, and maybe she did but we don’t know.

Successfully at “any profession” is a moving target. Successful to who? What did she earn? I think what she did is amazing but how did she feel about it, where could it lead? I don’t have the answers, and we don’t know if it was a “dream job”.

He was a rodeo cowboy! What woman doesn’t want that? Hopefully not my wife.

I can’t explain woman in any way, but there is a difference between living with mom because you have to, and falling on the sword and taking care of mom at great personal sacrifice. These things can be presented in different ways.

Exactly. We don't know who her good friends were, but it would be a bit of a shocker that a 29 year old pilot had no friends.

Quite often, he who lives with mom after he turns 30 years old also falls on the sword and cares for mom because someone has to. Fact is, he is over 30 years of age and has not lived independently even though a woman pregnant with his child moved nearby, got a local job and bought a home. For some reason, even though all this was in place, they never lived together. How did that end with murder?

Exactly. We don't know who her good friends were, but it would be a bit of a shocker that a 29 year old pilot had no friends.

Quite often, he who lives with mom after he turns 30 years old also falls on the sword and cares for mom because someone has to. Fact is, he is over 30 years of age and has not lived independently even though a woman pregnant with his child moved nearby, got a local job and bought a home. For some reason, even though all this was in place, they never lived together. How did that end with murder?
That's the million dollar question that we all want an answer to.

He basically was successful in that first 6 months though, right? He met her on the Internet, moved her 1,000+ miles away, and impregnated her. If that’s not isolating a woman, I don’t know what is.

Moved her? Where does that come from? She moved closer to him when she was pregnant. She bought a home and got a job in the area. She did that, not him.

Impregnated her? I'm sorry, that's as sad as the 1950s where women were blamed for getting themselves pregnant. Pregnancy is a tango for two. Neither party did something to the other. They got pregnant. She took action to build a life together.

I agree. IMO she might also not have wanted to worry her mom so she was working thru the breakup and then might have been planning to share once everything (custody, childcare plans, moving?) was worked out.

Why would she give up her job and home, and move? What is the motivation for her to give up her life? A bad relationship? Doubtful.

Moved her? Where does that come from? She moved closer to him when she was pregnant. She bought a home and got a job in the area. She did that, not him.

Impregnated her? I'm sorry, that's as sad as the 1950s where women were blamed for getting themselves pregnant. Pregnancy is a tango for two. Neither party did something to the other. They got pregnant. She took action to build a life together.

I believe it was her uncle or maybe a cousin that said PF drove up and moved KB down to Colorado, looking for the link now...

True, but I'm pretty sure we've concluded in previous threads that Kelsey's aunt was likely just repeating what PF had said about them breaking up (before he retracted that via his lawyer...)
I agree with this. It doesn't make sense. From the bits and pieces we have it just doesn't make sense that she broke up with him Thanksgiving day or the day before but were going to have Thanksgiving dinner together, maybe? Nah. Her mom doesn't know and nope, if it doesn't make sense and we have to stretch to figure it out I can only surmise it was a lie of his. Plus, last thing I'm doing is breaking up with someone and within the same 24 hours sit across from them at an intimate dinner. JMO

I had some thoughts about the search of KB's home. It seems to have occurred late in the investigation with seems strange. I assume there was a cursory search early on but nothing of substance was found. (other than cinnamon rolls, which we wont get into). Based upon the "solicitation of first degree murder" charge, we are assuming this crime was very premeditated. So, if PF went to her place on TK to murder her, it would seem to me he would do so in a way that would not leave a lot of blood splatter. Even a non-sophisticated person knows about forensic basics. I would assume he would strangler her, so there would be very little bio evidence. Then remove her body. So the extensive search done last Thursday seems odd. I don't buy the idea that PF painted over splatter or re-did dry wall. Both would have left tell tale odors for a while and i think been easily noticed in the early search. I think the search of PF's property resulted in little evidence. The big hole is interesting, but I am guessing the cadaver dogs hinted at something there and the dug and dug and dug but found nothing. I think the dump incident is also irrelevant. PF may not be a genius, but he was apparently TRYING to be clever. Dropping evidence at the dump when he HAD to know he was under suspicion would be crazy. He didn't get out of the truck and let her other two guys unload. I think he was just giving assistance to those guys (friends or customers) to haul trash in his trailer. They arrived in cars, not pickups. They had no way to haul their trash. So what got LE so fired up for the search last Thursday? Had to be the 3rd party contacted them or they found that person. The search was done in the evening and the next morning at 7 am PF is arrested. Very very fast.
Someone asked earlier if it was odd to have an arrest this fast with no body. In this case I might say "yes." They might have a 3rd party providing info, critical info, but if i am the DA, I would want that body before the arrest. Once the defendant is arraigned the clock starts to tick on the "speedy trial" requirement. You don't need a body to convict, but it sure helps drastically reduce "reasonable doubt." I wonder if for some reason LE wasn't rushed in the arrest. Something made them pull the trigger on the arrest a bit sooner than they wanted.

Last edited:
My thinking is ...if it was planned ,I would think strangulation or the use of a sedative.If there is blood I would think anger ,rage ...hence no plan or thinking at all.I just don't think he is a thinker...

I believe it was her uncle or maybe a cousin that said PF drove up and moved KB down to Colorado, looking for the link now...

I would hope that he helped her move. The bottom line is that she owns property and has a good job in the area, so I think that means she made clear decisions to be there.

So there no evidence she had good friends through work or elsewhere. I wish she did, and maybe she did but we don’t know.

Successfully at “any profession” is a moving target. Successful to who? What did she earn? I think what she did is amazing but how did she feel about it, where could it lead? I don’t have the answers, and we don’t know if it was a “dream job”.

He was a rodeo cowboy! What woman doesn’t want that? Hopefully not my wife.

I can’t explain woman in any way, but there is a difference between living with mom because you have to, and falling on the sword and taking care of mom at great personal sacrifice. These things can be presented in different ways.
Exactly. I think the living with mom would’ve been presented as him “taking care of her” which has its own appeal. Standup guy, loves his mom. Etc. etc.

I just have to point out that we don't know if she was pregnant when she moved there. Sorry to be THAT person. :oops:

Otto you and I don't agree on a lot, but I agree with you here. He didn't "impregnate her" other than in the technical terms. That term is insulting to both of them I think, especially her. She knew what she was doing. They weren't 15 year olds. She made the most of the situation as far as I can see.

My thinking is ...if it was planned ,I would think strangulation or the use of a sedative.If there is blood I would think anger ,rage ...hence no plan or thinking at all.I just don't think he is a thinker...

I think we can assume that this was premeditated simply because there is also a warrant for solicitation. If premeditated, anything is possible. Jason Young premeditated the murder of his pregnant wife and beat her brains out, teeth avulsed under the bed. Brad Cooper premeditated his wife's murder, and it appears to be a soft kill of strangulation. I haven't seen any studies that draw conclusions about common choice of weapon based on premeditated spousal homicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhoDunnit2020