CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #17 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge to rule on Patrick Frazee's request to limit pretrial media coverage

“Frazee has requested limited media coverage in the case that has gotten the attention of the nation.

The search for her crossed state lines after her phone sent a signal to a cell phone tower in Gooding, Idaho days after she was last seen.

A decision for the 'gag-order' has not been made but 4th Judicial District Judge, Lin Billing Vela, is expected to rule on it on Monday.”

Yes, things change. Like motherhood. Now I can’t speak to this from experience, but I would guess priorities change considerably.

It is possible that KB was getting less and less comfortable with how her daughter was being raised. And this could make a move closer to her family something that she might discuss with PF. Just speculating.

I'm curious why she would have to move closer to her mother to make her daughter's education and upbringing a priority. Women all over the world end up in relationships that fail, and they don't all run home to mom to fix it. In fact, I would expect that 29 year old successful women who own their own home have better solutions than giving up on life and career to rely on mom when a relationship goes south.

i kinda thought the same when i saw news footage of him getting into his truck front door holding the baby. i can't remember ever seeing someone doing that. what i've always seen is the child is secured in a child seat via a different door and then the person gets in the drivers seat. i'm not a parent so i have no personal experience with transporting a toddler via a car so it may happen all the time, i have just never seen it before that news clip.
That is the way most people do it, but he was being confronted by a reporter & wanted to get in asap, not stand there buckling the baby in on camera being pelted with questions. Imo

The most disappointing things about all of this to me is that Baby K will never have her mama and probably not her dad. PF will never admit to anything in case he could be a Kaycee Anthony. Her family can't have closure because it's so unnecessary and horrific and the people responsible will never admit it. Once each person takes a position there is no going back even if they regret their actions or thoughts. It's sad no matter how you look at it.

That’s what Twitter is for.

Breaking news will always appear there before it is broadcast on television.

It takes time to get news on the air.
For the record, I hate Twitter. So does my antivirus protector. o_O Know where I check first for my true crime news? Yes, you ! (WS). By the time I arrived, y’all have already sussed our rumor from fact, MSM, legit links...

I'm curious why she would have to move closer to her mother to make her daughter's education and upbringing a priority. Women all over the world end up in relationships that fail, and they don't all run home to mom to fix it. In fact, I would expect that 29 year old successful women who own their own home have better solutions than giving up on life and career to rely on mom when a relationship goes south.

Why is she living in Woodland Park?

This is not near her job. She apparently has not made friends in a mountain town, or has a social life. If KB/PF are not together, then she is alone there. I would not be comfortable in that situation.

Her job is the only tie to CO. Is this more important than family and the life she knows? No way to know but it is reasonable to wonder.

It’s entirely possible that he only took her to work with him on rare occasions. Grandma had an appt or wasn’t feeling well, so K spent the day running with dad. MOO

It's also worth remembering the small scale of these communities. It's unlikely PF was doing many farrier jobs for strangers. He probably knows socially a decent proportion of the locals, including his customers, and if they or their wives were delighted to watch the baby while he was shoeing, he may have been encouraged to bring her even if Grandma was available.

Agree with those who have pointed out that within just a few months the feasibility of having the baby on site would have diminished as she became more mobile.

This is not near her job. She apparently has not made friends in a mountain town, or has a social life. If KB/PF are not together, then she is alone there. I would not be comfortable in that situation.

Her job is the only tie to CO. Is this more important than family and the life she knows? No way to know but it is reasonable to wonder.

It looks like she bought a home that was a bit of a location compromise between her work and his mom's acreage. That actually appears to be a very considerate decision on her part.

Maybe she had good friends through work, but they were all told that she had plans not only for the weekend, but the following week. If they all accepted that at face value, no one would have looked for her.

I'm curious why a successful 29 year old pilot who trained military pilots would choose a man who lived with mom. Any thoughts?

None of us know what was in KB's mind. I don't believe anyone here has suggested her moving closer to her family would be for them to "fix" anything. That being said there is more to life than a "dream job" & a condo 800 miles away from the people you love. Especially when a child is involved. KB was young & had a lot of life yet to lead. I'm would think Baby K was her #1 priority.

It sounds like they met online and he helped her move out here, Woodland is a town that's more accommodating (CO is ridiculous right now and for the past few years) than buying a really expensive home in the mountains by herself and like his mother has. You have to have at least a half million to do that. This was something she could afford, a nice condo in Woodland, she probably wouldn't move to CO to move in with him and his mom. That would be awkward in your late 20's. Thinking he never intended to start taking responsibility which she already knew how to do. She was eons ahead of him in work and achievements. She also took care of herself. I'm sure it bothered him to some degree.

We are certainly on the same page my friend. :)

If he was abusing the baby in any way and she caught him, the evidence would be her body. She seemed to be smart and a good mom. She wouldn’t have let the baby be around him if she was afraid for the baby’s safety. Nope.

**I’m way behind on this thread, so I apologize if this has been discussed and put to bed already. If not...**

I don’t think this is what ultimately happened, but 1. We do not have her body, 2. There are probably thousands of smart women who were also good moms who were killed prior to their being able to take action, and 3. It’s also possible she was in the process of trying to take action when she was killed.

Again, I don’t think this is really what happened, but there are a million scenarios where KB is both a good mom and aware of something untoward about PF.

...and this is why it sucks that there are virtually no reliable details in this case. We chew and chew on the few facts we do have and then regurgitate them and chew again later.

None of us know what was in KB's mind. I don't believe anyone here has suggested her moving closer to her family would be for them to "fix" anything. That being said there is more to life than a "dream job" & a condo 800 miles away from the people you love. Especially when a child is involved. KB was young & had a lot of life yet to lead. I'm would think Baby K was her #1 priority.

My comments were in response to the suggestion upthread that perhaps she was moving closer to mom, and that is why she was murdered. I'm just saying that there doesn't seem to be any good reason for her to give up her dream job and her new home, so it's unlikely that this is a reason that she was murdered.

It looks like she bought a home that was a bit of a location compromise between her work and his mom's acreage. That actually appears to be a very considerate decision on her part.

Maybe she had good friends through work, but they were all told that she had plans not only for the weekend, but the following week. If they all accepted that at face value, no one would have looked for her.

I'm curious why a successful 29 year old pilot who trained military pilots would choose a man who lived with mom. Any thoughts?

So there no evidence she had good friends through work or elsewhere. I wish she did, and maybe she did but we don’t know.

Successfully at “any profession” is a moving target. Successful to who? What did she earn? I think what she did is amazing but how did she feel about it, where could it lead? I don’t have the answers, and we don’t know if it was a “dream job”.

He was a rodeo cowboy! What woman doesn’t want that? Hopefully not my wife.

I can’t explain women in any way, but there is a difference between living with mom because you have to; and falling on the sword and taking care of mom at great personal sacrifice. These things can be presented in different ways.

Last edited:
Wait, hold up?? sbm "but we do know that she was making changes in her life when she ended the relationship on Nov 22"
We know this?? We know she broke up with him is truth and not PF's words? What changes? Did I miss stuff?
Kelsey's Aunt, who is a member here, posted that Kelsey broke up with PF the day before Thanksgiving.

I would think that men who need to control women, but who are unsuccessful in gaining that control in the first 6 months, probably move on to an easier target. However, it has always struck me as odd that Kelsey did not have a circle of friends who raised the alarm when she vanished. Isolation from friends and family is usually one of the first steps in a controlling relationship, and Kelsey certainly seemed to be isolated from friends and family.

He basically was successful in that first 6 months though, right? He met her on the Internet, moved her 1,000+ miles away, and impregnated her. If that’s not isolating a woman, I don’t know what is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BOTTERB