CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #17 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True story and not meant to go off topic but it is kinda on topic. I went through a divorce when my son was a teenager. Hooked up with my junior high school crush at a high school reunion shortly after. I grew up with him. Thought this was the real deal. He was kind, loving, supportive and took a big interest in my son. He lived in a small mountain town not far from Woodland Park. My son was struggling with issues surrounding the divorce. He grew to love and trust this man. We moved up to this small mountain town on top of a mountain where there was a gate, like PF's. There were cows, horses, chickens. We were isolated from my friends and family. It was a family property. The emotional and physical abuse started and it was life changing. No one can hear and the family living in different outbuildings and campers ignored it. It was gaslighting. At first I felt loved and protected, then I was in fear for my and my sons lives. The family was complicit. I will never ever forgive myself for putting my son and I in that horrible situation. I could have very easily been KB. There is so much danger out there everywhere, and looks can be deceiving. Other families had no idea. This was a church going family. Just sayin'. Doubt I will ever recover emotionally, nor my son. But we did it. There are strange families out there who appear to be normal. IMO And they protect their blood above everything. Edited to say that I had a good job and my own money that was snuffed out due to this man and his families weird beliefs. I was a trusting and vulnerable person, and I see Kelsey this way. For a time, we lost everything....our souls, our self respect, our innocence , and our security. But we got out, in a bilzzard with what we had on our backs.

So glad you got out!

BBM

I have a different opinion about child care. I think that the first 6 years are the most critical in development. Socialization, stability, structure, routine etc. is very important even at 15 months. The priority should be about the child's wellbeing, not the parent's convenience. The child was well past the age of being dragged around with PF while he worked.

If Kelsey or her parents realized/believed that the child had her own needs, that conversation could have put PF on the defensive such that he may have felt that he was losing control of their child. The financial free ride would be over.

At 15 months, most children are walking, climbing, talking, exploring and soaking up the world. What sort of care could she receive with the donkeys?[/
At 15 months, she would have been changing every week. Kelsey was a pilot, no small achievement. I'm assuming that Kelsey wanted more for her daughter than looking backwards in a truck driving from work site to work site all day. How was PF managing normal activities for a 15 month old such as toilet training, fine dexterity, meals, language, social interactions with peers? I could easily see that as the concern regarding their daughter at 15 months of age.

Every child has to build immunity, the sooner the better.

I’ll have to respectfully disagree with this. I think if the child is being cared for in a loving environment it doesn’t matter if it’s at home or a childcare facility.

I know children who stayed with a caregiver at home until preschool and tuned out fine. For many families putting their child in daycare is less than ideal for a lot of reasons.

I’ve done both so I say whatever works best for the individual family.

ETA: it wouldn’t surprise me if KB was happy her little girl could be with her dad all day, running around farms, loving on animals, being the center of attention and being a kid exploring the outdoors.

I'm pretty sure that I read that this was her dream job. She also bought a home in the area, so she seems committed through both career and finances.
Yes I've read the same thing. Imo that doesn't mean things can't change. She could have found a job closer to her family & her condo could have easily rented out or sold.

In my head, I was composing a lovely response about multi-facets, both bright and darkly lurking --- then thought, nah, not worth the effort. Won't change a single attitude of the all or nothing population.;):D
OMG right lol! I had the same thought, when there was talk about "his mom made him do it" Because we all know mean momma's are always the reason men are violent. ( Lot's of people have abusive parents and don't become murderers! And there is a PROVEN genetic component to psychopathy yet still that myth prevails...). Autism was once named, "Cold Mother Syndrome" too. There are a number of factors both environmental and genetic that can influence a personality, but none can make a person into a murder, except a distinct lack of empathy that cannot have ever existed in that person imo.

Last edited:
BBM

I have a different opinion about child care. I think that the first 6 years are the most critical in development. Socialization, stability, structure, routine etc. is very important even at 15 months. The priority should be about the child's wellbeing, not the parent's convenience. The child was well past the age of being dragged around with PF while he worked.

If Kelsey or her parents realized/believed that the child had her own needs, that conversation could have put PF on the defensive such that he may have felt that he was losing control of their child. The financial free ride would be over.

At 15 months, most children are walking, climbing, talking, exploring and soaking up the world. What sort of care could she receive with the donkeys?
I could not disagree more. Are you saying the child would have been better off in a day care with different children in and out instead of with her parents and grandmother?

I’ll have to respectfully disagree with this. I think if the child is being cared for in a loving environment it doesn’t matter if it’s at home or a childcare facility.

I know children who stayed with a caregiver at home until preschool and tuned out fine. For many families putting their child in daycare is less than ideal for a lot of reasons.

I’ve done both so I say whatever works best for the individual family.

There's a link upthread from a friend of PF who claims that although PF was a good father, he dragged his 15 month old daughter to work and the friend's mother had to babysit. That is not the same as being cared for at home.

I don't think a 15 month old child should be running around farms for fear of being trampled by a donkey.

Yes I've read the same thing. Imo that doesn't mean things can't change. She could have found a job closer to her family & her condo could have easily rented out or sold.

Being a pilot and a pilot educator, I'm going to assume that she was a competent, intelligent, capable and psychologically strong young woman. If she had personal issues, like a bad relationship, I would think that she could solve it without giving up her home and her job.

For some reason custody isn't striking me as his motive.
A pregnancy, maybe?
Maybe he didn't want to do murder an (unborn) child so he asked someone else to do it.
Same here. I don't feel it's a custody issue- he had the baby obviously several times a week, while she worked. Most men would find that hard to do, given the job that he had- having to take her with him, feed her, clothe her, change her. Yet he did do all of this, while working.

There's a link upthread from a friend of PF who claims that although PF was a good father, he dragged his 15 month old daughter to work and the friend's mother had to babysit. That is not the same as being cared for at home.

I read that. I don’t recall the word dragged or that it was a daily occurrence or how long the job lasted. I’m just trying to be fair.

It is possible the background to all of this is physical and emotional abuse but there is also the chance that it wasn't. Maybe it makes us feel safer to go the physical and emotional abuse route, because then there are overt signs of danger. What if that wasn't the case. What if he was just a nice guy, who was a bit different. Maybe he was jealous, but didn't yell and scream about it. Tried to be controlling. KB is strong and if this was the case may have thought she had it all under control while she was in the relationship and when and if she left the relationship she also thought he would never do anything, but he is acting a bit over the top with jealousy or control but she thought she could handle it. I am suggesting this because that happened with my cousin. Strong, independent woman. Primary income earner. Husband appeared to be a great dad, super helpful to inlaws, a bit socially awkward etc. No physical or emotional abuse. But jealous. Afterwards we found out the extent- gps trackers, semen testing kits, stalking, accessing email etc. None of us would have ever in a million years thought he was capable of what he did. Even my cousin, although she knew he was jealous and she knew he had done some things to invade her privacy. She felt she had it under control and was not worried in any way (known through conversations she had with sisters just prior to her death.). I guess we will find out what the case is here but sometimes evil is well disguised, other times it is more disorganized and out of control with abuse. I just wish there was more education for young woman about the danger they are in when they break up.

Yes, things change. Like motherhood. Now I can’t speak to this from experience, but I would guess priorities change considerably.

It is possible that KB was getting less and less comfortable with how her daughter was being raised. And this could make a move closer to her family something that she might discuss with PF. Just speculating.

I don't think a 15 month old child should be running around farms for fear of being trampled by a donkey.
Maybe try to accurately represent what was said. I can see the thread is once again descending into misrepresentation that will get it shut down again.

I could not disagree more. Are you saying the child would have been better off in a day care with different children in and out instead of with her parents and grandmother?

I have not said that. I have said that a 15 month old child is at the stage of development where a structured environment supportive of fine manual dexterity, toilet training, language learning and social peer interaction would be better in an age appropriate environment rather being dragged to work with PF and babysat by whomever happens to be at the property while he works.

True story and not meant to go off topic but it is kinda on topic. I went through a divorce when my son was a teenager. Hooked up with my junior high school crush at a high school reunion shortly after. I grew up with him. Thought this was the real deal. He was kind, loving, supportive and took a big interest in my son. He lived in a small mountain town not far from Woodland Park. My son was struggling with issues surrounding the divorce. He grew to love and trust this man. We moved up to this small mountain town on top of a mountain where there was a gate, like PF's. There were cows, horses, chickens. We were isolated from my friends and family. It was a family property. The emotional and physical abuse started and it was life changing. No one can hear and the family living in different outbuildings and campers ignored it. It was gaslighting. At first I felt loved and protected, then I was in fear for my and my sons lives. The family was complicit. I will never ever forgive myself for putting my son and I in that horrible situation. I could have very easily been KB. There is so much danger out there everywhere, and looks can be deceiving. Other families had no idea. This was a church going family. Just sayin'. Doubt I will ever recover emotionally, nor my son. But we did it. There are strange families out there who appear to be normal. IMO And they protect their blood above everything. Edited to say that I had a good job and my own money that was snuffed out due to this man and his families weird beliefs. I was a trusting and vulnerable person, and I see Kelsey this way. For a time, we lost everything....our souls, our self respect, our innocence , and our security. But we got out, in a bilzzard with what we had on our backs.

You certainly were initially fooled, like many men and women.
So pleased you both escaped.:)
This case must be so hard for you to follow, as possibly you are finding similarities with KB.
She was not so lucky, as we are finding out.

Yes, things change. Like motherhood. Now I can’t speak to this from experience, but I would guess priorities change considerably.

It is possible that KB was getting less and less comfortable with how her daughter was being raised. And this could make a move closer to her family something that she might discuss with PF. Just speculating.
I think she may very well have had child rearing conflicts with PF and his mother. But I am not yet convinced that she was planning to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur