CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #17 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But isn't solicitation quite clear? That is asking someone to murder someone. It is not helping someone to help them get rid of a body.
That is correct. It would be an accessory, I think, or could be conspiracy. Actually it could be both of those things including solicitation to murder. Each will carry a certain amount of jail time, so possibly they could agree to drop some of the charges to reduce the jail time to get him to tell them where her body is located. We just don't know what evidence they have, what evidence they think there may be but can't prove, and what they may uncover as this progresses.

Yes...that seems to be correct, according to article I just linked. Apparently she rented one of the condos before she bought the she was living in when murdered. Unknown as to when she got the job at the airline. Jmo

Thank you! It's a relief to know that she wasn't living with his family when she first moved there. I think we can exclude "he impregnated her, he forced her to move" and "control" issues. It doesn't sound like he was controlling anything in relation to her decision to move there, continue dating him, find a job, give birth, and invest in real estate near his mother's acreage.

Her uncle seems to make it clear that she couldn't live with him because he was living with his mom, as in he did not have a home for her to move into. I'm curious whether she knew in advance that he lived with mom, or whether she thought he was a rancher. Early reports were that he was a rancher, and now we know that he lives on mom's 35 acre property. Big difference.

Seems a bit messed up. She met him online and liked him enough to move closer to him. She lived independently through the pregnancy and then bought a home for the family, yet he was unable to separate from mom and be part of the family?

That is correct. It would be an accessory, I think, or could be conspiracy. Actually it could be both of those things including solicitation to murder. Each will carry a certain amount of jail time, so possibly they could agree to drop some of the charges to reduce the jail time to get him to tell them where her body is located. We just don't know what evidence they have, what evidence they think there may be but can't prove, and what they may uncover as this progresses.
Yes, but he is charged with solicitation, not the solicited person.

This is how I have understood the story to be...Is it on that timeline? Let me look. (I think she only had the barista job for a few months. KB was a hard worker sounds like!)

Thanks @Gardener1850 for this

Relationship info reported by others:
KB and PF met online according to her cousin
PF helped KB move from WA to CO only months after they met
KB told her cousin she was happy when she moved to be near PF
KB often talked about her boyfriend (PF) at her aviation job in 2016
Baby K was born Oct 2017
They were engaged but did not have a wedding date set
They have never lived together -- KB's mom

Post #4 in this thread :)

Deceased/Not Found - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #17 *ARREST*

Thank you! This answers many questions, and should probably be something like post #2 in the next thread.

Is it possible that he did manipulate her into believing that he was a rancher with vast lands, and she gave up her job to live with the online man from Colorado? When she arrived, she realized that mom lived at his house, and so she found another place to live? Then she found out that he lived at mom's house, but by then she was pregnant?

Something seems off about this entire story. Did he want a baby and she was lured?

That would not mean anything to me. I start my Christmas shopping on the 23rd of December.

I “shop” for gift cards and call it a day, although financially, it would makes sense to celebrate Armenian Christmas (January 6th) or Orhodox Christian Christmas, (January 7th), as with all post-Christmas sales, it will be much cheaper, lol.

Thank you! This answers many questions, and should probably be something like post #2 in the next thread.

Is it possible that he did manipulate her into believing that he was a rancher with vast lands, and she gave up her job to live with the online man from Colorado? When she arrived, she realized that mom lived at his house, and so she found another place to live? Then she found out that he lived at mom's house, but by then she was pregnant?

Something seems off about this entire story. Did he want a baby and she was lured?
I wouldn't be surprised if she was misled, and eventually found herself in an untenable situation.

Apparently not everyone on "Farmer's Only" is a winner. Who woulda thunk it?!

Do you think that her parents buying the condo might have made him mad. Maybe he felt that was making it easier for her to get away from him, or he felt they saw through him. A narcissist gets really enraged if someone sees through them. The idea that he would not have ownership in this might also have made him angry.

So hard to say without actually knowing what was going on in their relationship and what their living arrangements were throughout their relationship.

I still cannot decide if I think they were still together when she disappeared/died or if they hadn’t been together for awhile.

Also, her mom said they’d never lived together. If that is true, he wouldn’t have been threatened by the townhouse purchase at all, IMO. If anything a permanent purchase in his hometown would make her and K’s residency there more permanent.

It certainly could have made him feel insecure that she had to turn to her parents rather than him to help her out with the purchase though...

All MOO

I think we can assume that this was premeditated simply because there is also a warrant for solicitation. If premeditated, anything is possible. Jason Young premeditated the murder of his pregnant wife and beat her brains out, teeth avulsed under the bed. Brad Cooper premeditated his wife's murder, and it appears to be a soft kill of strangulation. I haven't seen any studies that draw conclusions about common choice of weapon based on premeditated spousal homicide.
I think we can assume that this was premeditated simply because there is also a warrant for solicitation. If premeditated, anything is possible. Jason Young premeditated the murder of his pregnant wife and beat her brains out, teeth avulsed under the bed. Brad Cooper premeditated his wife's murder, and it appears to be a soft kill of strangulation. I haven't seen any studies that draw conclusions about common choice of weapon based on premeditated spousal homicide.

I'm guilty of not keeping up..If that's the case, why didn't that person or persons come forward sooner ....

Yes, but he is charged with solicitation, not the solicited person.
We don't know what is going on with the other person, but the person that was soliticted would be charged with something other than solicitation. Possibly they are giving immunity to that person to testify against him, especially if he did not do or have part in the murder but was only solicited by PF. There is no crime in being the person solicited as long as you do not agree and do not do anything criminal.

Or did she want a child?

We don't know what is going on the the other person, but the person that was soliticted would be charged with something other than solicitation. Possibly they are giving immunity to that person to testify against him, especially if he did not do or have part in the murder but was only solicited by PF. There is no crime in being the person solicited as long as you do not agree and do not do anything criminal.
In that case there would be no need for immunity. Immunity is granted to people who have committed crimes.

If this person's crime is minor, or they can help nail the bigger fish, I certainly wouldn't have a problem with it.

Do you think that her parents buying the condo might have made him mad. Maybe he felt that was making it easier for her to get away from him, or he felt they saw through him. A narcissist gets really enraged if someone sees through them. The idea that he would not have ownership in this might also have made him angry.
Who knows. In my opinion, the parents buying it and selling to her (if that is correct which I don't know) would be an investment strategy with tax benefits to her parents and work to boost her credit score.

Thank you! It's a relief to know that she wasn't living with his family when she first moved there. I think we can exclude "he impregnated her, he forced her to move" and "control" issues. It doesn't sound like he was controlling anything in relation to her decision to move there, continue dating him, find a job, give birth, and invest in real estate near his mother's acreage.

Her uncle seems to make it clear that she couldn't live with him because he was living with his mom, as in he did not have a home for her to move into. I'm curious whether she knew in advance that he lived with mom, or whether she thought he was a rancher. Early reports were that he was a rancher, and now we know that he lives on mom's 35 acre property. Big difference.

Seems a bit messed up. She met him online and liked him enough to move closer to him. She lived independently through the pregnancy and then bought a home for the family, yet he was unable to separate from mom and be part of the family?
I've dated loads of men who live with and/or take care of their moms or family members. My last SO took care of his grandma and his mom rented the second part of his townhome. To me it's a really good quality in many ways, to take care of someone or do obligations or help the family etc. It's endearing in many ways and shows a lot of respectful qualities IMO.

Mother issues on the other hand? I think we all have those! Anyway, As a lady, a guy living with his mom wouldn't initially turn me off at all, and I would probably need to see the dynamic before entering a relationship, but sometimes if you like the guy even that doesn't matter! IDK, MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966