CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #18 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His unkempt appearance has me wondering if he has some injuries he is trying to hide? But probably a "whole body search" (or whatever LE would call that?) was done when he was arrested? And it's not likely any superficial wounds he might have from when he killed KB (do I have to say allegedly?) would still be visible. I don't know... Just thinking out loud, I guess. I'm trying to figure out why he's not keeping up with his hygiene. Maybe he's scared of going into what I assume would be a public shower?

He probably does not care anything about his appearance, or how he is portrayed.

Don't infant carriers double as car seats - pop them out of the car seat base, carry them around, put them in a shopping cart?
Yes but if she walked, she would have put the baby in a stroller or backpack-type carrier.
She wouldn't lug the baby carrier w/ one arm to Safeway and carry groceries too on the way back.

I don’t think she walked there toting a baby in a car seat.

If she was driving, why didn't she leave the blanket in the car? She has a child carrier, which probably locks into a carseat base, but many people use the carrier portion for all sorts of things, including propping up a baby for meals.

upload_2018-12-28_13-19-22.png

upload_2018-12-28_13-19-43.png

I'm thinking he had two phones and handed over the useless one to LE when he was being so "cooperative." Nothing to even delete. Like "search away!" Meanwhile still keeping possession of the phone where anything incriminating could be found or recovered.
I think lack of anything on a phone would be much more telling. They would realize he was playing them. IMO

I am thinking that PF began the discard phase of his plan weeks prior to murdering...this is what these types do, they begin to tell family, friends, co-workers that their SO is crazy, unstable, a liar, etc. Anything to make the SO looks like the "guilty" one. Have seen it several times, personally, and due to friends divorces. One constantly has to remind themselves that *anything* coming out of these types mouths is suspect.

If she was driving, why didn't she leave the blanket in the car? She has a child carrier, which probably locks into a carseat base, but many people use the carrier portion for all sorts of things, including propping up a baby for meals.

View attachment 161845

View attachment 161846
My 20 month old grandson is attached to his blanket and it goes where he goes. Plus you can see snow on the ground outside the grocery store. Blankets used as extra covering to and from car when he was smaller too. As it works in my situation anyway.

Last edited:

View attachment 161845

View attachment 161846
There has never been a suggestion from law enforcement that she walked to the store.

The blanket isn’t the least bit unusual. It was cold outside, and she’d want the baby covered between the car and the store.

Supermarkets are cold too.

Maybe PF had invited his GF to Thanksgiving with his family and was going to show off
his baby (and oh what a doting dad he is) but Kelsey had told him that he couldn't have the baby on Thanksgiving and that's when PF started looking for a hit man.

Have we ruled out the possibility that PF drove KB to the store that day? (I don't know where I'm headed with this, but chances are I'll figure a way to fit it in to support some theory that includes dog fighting, drugs , or illegal *advertiser censored*). Might he have dropped her off at the door, parked the car and later joined her--which may explain why there was no video of her exiting

Last edited:

View attachment 161845

View attachment 161846

I see blankets on babies in grocery store carts, heck im usually cold in them.

Looking at photo, they show her coming in 12:27, not leaving, time ? (Le) knows.

That pushes her getting back close to 1:00.

The more I see the more I'm thinking KB worked some unconventional hours-- perhaps some nights and weekends? Perhaps PF agreed to care for the baby while she worked but perhaps he would lie and tell his friends and family he didn't know where KB was or what she was doing on a weekend when she had to work. He would only need to tell them that a few times to set up a false narrative that she was irresponsible and/or an uncaring mother. When the reality was that she was working hard making a living and probably saving up hoping to better their lives. MOO.

Especially if he had already begun to "notice" someone else.

Two takeaways from this report:

1) PF attorney was not in courtroom today...was on phone.

2) Cameras will be allowed on Monday in the courtroom for the criminal proceeding.

I was not aware of either of these. The first one surprises me but maybe that is more common than I think. For the second I'm glad and would think this means that the eventual trial might allow cameras also.

All MOO
In my practice, it is not unusual as counsel to appear for a hearing by phone, but it’s preferable to be there in person even if solely for the sake of the client relationship. Not weird to me that PF’s attorney called in given the fact that he/she just got assigned to the case and the hearing was scheduled right in the middle of the holidays between Christmas and New Years. The attorney may have had travel/vacation plans booked many weeks in advance.

Did he take her, drop her off. My Dad did that, hated going in.

I think you're onto something here! We've heard that she walked to the Safeway, which suggests that when he arrived at her house he may have assumed that she was at home.

If she had not been seen at the Safeway, the timeline for her disappearance would be even more fuzzy. The Safeway timing and red truck sighting are both at about 12:30PM. Perhaps she left her door unlocked when she picked up groceries. Maybe he was watching her, saw her leave for groceries and then parked at her house - blocking access to her vehicles.

I don't think she walked but it would only take about 5 minutes to drive from the store. PF's truck was not seen right at 12:30. It was reportedly noticed there sometime between 12:30 and 1 PM when the neighbor left her own home to go to her holiday gathering. And it was parked behind KB's vehicles blocking them in. So his truck must have arrived just after she returned from the store. We don't know the exact time PF arrived there nor how long the truck stayed there. JMO.

It might have still been chilly or windy and sometimes the grocery stores can be cold because of the food.
The other day when I was grocery shopping and in the produce it was much colder than the rest of the store.
She just wanted to keep her baby warm and we do not know what the baby was wearing.

Have we ruled out the possibility that PF drove KB to the store that day? (I don't know where I'm headed with this, but chances are I'll figure a way to fit it in to support some theory that includes dog fighting, drugs , or illegal *advertiser censored*). Might he have dropped her off at the door, parked the car and later joined her--which may explain why they did not show the video of them at the cash register or exiting the store?
If PF was involved with a dog-fighting ring, they would have been pitbulls not border collies.

So...if it weren't for the cinnamon rolls, nobody would actually know if KB was coming from "someone" else's home after staying the night...hadn't done hair or makeup yet...stopped by Safeway...PF was mad thinking she had been cheating. All of that is highly doubtful but it shows those dang cinnamon rolls sure did turn out to be important in some way. JMO

In a case in Australia, someone arrested for murder was released on bail.
In the PF case, witnesses may be at risk, due to harm by others: ?? to keep them quiet.
A poster, added the following, to the Australian case:

This is worrying. I have only just the other day been discussing with others here the only case we can think of where a man charged with murder was released on bail and while out on bail he murdered his mother in law and committed suicide.

Policeman bailed for murder kills mother-in-law

Tortoise,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads