CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #19 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So they want his military records sealed, is that for the entire time of this case? Or will they be unsealed for the trial?

Did they also seal his medical records, not military, personal ones?

With sealing all these records, it stands to reason something in his background is being hidden! Is this allowed? There must be problems that paint a picture as to who the true PF is. How does this get uncovered?

Poor Kelsey! Sounds like she got involved with a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde personality, of course she didn’t realize it until she was around him longer. They are magnificent at hiding their true personalities.

Did she buy a house? If so would it have went to him since she has a toddler daughter with him?

She bought her own townhouse but she transferred the loan to her parents' LLC company. That transfer may have been to use the house a future rental/investment property or simply to protect her assets in the event of her untimely death (being a pilot). PF's name is not on the house and he has never lived there. KB paid the mortgage and the taxes. PF would have no claim to her property unless she had left it to him in a will. MOO.

She bought her own townhouse but she transferred the loan to her parents' LLC company. That transfer may have been to use the house a future rental/investment property or simply to protect her assets in the event of her untimely death (being a pilot). PF's name is not on the house and he has never lived there. KB paid the mortgage and the taxes. PF would have no claim to her property unless she had left it to him in a will. MOO.

Maybe there’s a family trust? Idk

Mother of Kelsey Berreth comes face-to-face with daughter's 'killer fiance' Patrick Frazee | Daily Mail Online

Frazee later told police that the couple met later that afternoon so that he could pick up the couple's daughter.

The two did not live together despite being engaged, a fact that many on social media suggested was a bad omen after learning of the disappearance.

It was Berreth however who had been hesitant to move in with her fiance because he still lived with his mother.
I’m not convinced PF was ever scheduled to pick up his daughter on Thanksgiving...I just think it’s something he said to LE as to why he was at her home that day...even more so after reading the following article. Seems to me if KB worked so much & PF was considered the primary caregiver, then KB would have arranged to have the holiday weekend off from work and time with her daughter. Add to that the trip to Safeway that morning doesn’t sit well w/me either. If KB was expecting company on Thanksgiving I would think she would have been prepared ahead. Then the call w/her Mom for a recipe (don’t know if that was for cinnamon rolls, or another food recipe)... I’m still going w/she got a call Thanksgiving morning from PF that he (& maybe someone else as well) were going to be coming over to see her and Baby K so she decided to make some food.

Feel free to help me off the fence w/my thinking....

Day Before He Was Arrested in Case of Missing Fiancée, What Colorado Dad Told a Client

So they want his military records sealed, is that for the entire time of this case? Or will they be unsealed for the trial?

Did they also seal his medical records, not military, personal ones?

With sealing all these records, it stands to reason something in his background is being hidden! Is this allowed? There must be problems that paint a picture as to who the true PF is. How does this get uncovered?

Poor Kelsey! Sounds like she got involved with a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde personality, of course she didn’t realize it until she was around him longer. They are magnificent at hiding their true personalities.
He was in the military? Why havent we heard this before?

He was in the military? Why havent we heard this before?

He wasn't, or there is nothing to indicate he was.. Nor is there any evidence of alcohol or drug abuse. Someone posted about a motion in court that would not allow his military, drug, rehab, ,mental health issues to be revealed. And that made people start postulating, which then looks real.
Prairie Wind, a verified attorney, confirmed this is a standard motion made in court and not to read anything into it. I am sure his lawyers are throwing a million motions out there, just in case...

My initial feeling for any military association comes from
1- I belong to a military family
2- Ping from KB phone comes from Gooding, Idaho. What is in Gooding Idaho?

Google Maps

Just my opinion of course, but seems like there is more to his background that he doesn't want anyone privy too.

Sealing any previous records with an emphasis on military struck me as odd: in particular bc we never heard he had military background. That is all. Please refer to my original post, it was just something I couldn't let go.
Now, would MSM release is a "reservist"? Or maybe there is a bad association with the Military ie: dishonorable discharge, and that is why they want docs sealed? Speculation. Please delete if this is not allowed. Just throwing out ideas that have been swirling in my mind.

In same document, Article 1, A states
a. All medical and psychiatric, including drug or alcohol treatment, privileges afforded to Defendant under the Colorado and United States Constitutions and Section 13-90-107 of the Colorado Revised Statutes as to all medical and/or psychiatric treatment Defendant has ever received.

BBM

Hmmmm.... I have read many people questioning KB's mental health, what about PF's mental health......
IMHO PF has some stuff in his past he does NOT want out.

Now, this leads me to ask, If no one is to know about this at all, can they not use that against him in a court of law? I would hope they would do a psych eval on this man.
Welcome to Websleuths, Vandalay. :)

I will say that based on other cases I've followed this is a standard motion and the defense is just covering all bases. We recently saw the same thing in the Watts case: https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/001/(4) NOTICE OF INVOCATION OF ALL STATUTORY, CASE LAW, AND CONSITITUTIONAL PRIVILEGES.pdf

This is not to say that PF may not have had issues, just that the motion isn't unusual. We have some excellent attorney's here who will correct me if I'm wrong.

ETA: Oops, should have read ahead - I see PrairieWind has already answered.

I’m not convinced PF was ever scheduled to pick up his daughter on Thanksgiving...I just think it’s something he said to LE as to why he was at her home that day...even more so after reading the following article. Seems to me if KB worked so much & PF was considered the primary caregiver, then KB would have arranged to have the holiday weekend off from work and time with her daughter. Add to that the trip to Safeway that morning doesn’t sit well w/me either. If KB was expecting company on Thanksgiving I would think she would have been prepared ahead. Then the call w/her Mom for a recipe (don’t know if that was for cinnamon rolls, or another food recipe)... I’m still going w/she got a call Thanksgiving morning from PF that he (& maybe someone else as well) were going to be coming over to see her and Baby K so she decided to make some food.

Feel free to help me off the fence w/my thinking....

Day Before He Was Arrested in Case of Missing Fiancée, What Colorado Dad Told a Client

I agree. I've never believed the trip to pick up the baby was planned. Maybe on PF's end, but I've had a hunch that he snuck up on KB and surprised her with the visit.

I wouldn't be surprised. Her parents are retired hay farmers. I get the feeling her family is wealthy or simply very smart with their money. JMO.
Yes, I think when PF went to see her initially, he sniffed family
money. Another factor that made her a 'good catch'.
these type guys are always looking for easy ways to raise their
status in life without really earning it.

MOO but it seems like when someone with a history of military service is in the press, that link is always mentioned.

I think it’s more likely that statute just covers a wide range of personal info.
Perhaps he got a unfit for military service discharge , ( believe that is how they word or ) If he was in the military, most people do not reveal they did not get a honorary discharge. Edited for correction.

Welcome to Websleuths, Vandalay. :)

I will say that based on other cases I've followed this is a standard motion and the defense is just covering all bases. We recently saw the same thing in the Watts case: https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/001/(4) NOTICE OF INVOCATION OF ALL STATUTORY, CASE LAW, AND CONSITITUTIONAL PRIVILEGES.pdf

This is not to say that PF may not have had issues, just that the motion isn't unusual. We have some excellent attorney's here who will correct me if I'm wrong.

ETA: Oops, should have read ahead - I see PrairieWind has already answered.

Thank you. I am glad I posted. As I said, I tried researching the most common motions filed, and just could not find any data. Thank you again for helping with that. Looking at the motions filed in "lump sums" I kinda figured, but the repeated mention of military threw me off.

Again, thank you.. I had not followed the CW case. Actually looked it up after seeing reference to it so many times with this one.

Maybe this is what KB's mom was referring to re financial issues. Maybe his excuse for not moving in with her was that until he could afford to pay half the mortgage and expenses.. Who knows what his real reason was..

IMO, maybe KB’s family thought it best to put her townhome in their LLC in event she did marry. So a name could/would not be added to the deed. In the event of divorce down the road? Moo

IMO, maybe KB’s family thought it best to put her townhome in their LLC in event she did marry. So a name could/would not be added to the deed. In the event of divorce down the road? Moo
In some states, even if his name is not on deed, if they married
and lived on the property together, he would have some marital
rights ($$$) to the property.
This may be why KB's mom was so quick to point out that they NEVER lived together.
I suspect there may have been some doubts from KB's parents
about PF's character and veracity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members