CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #19 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm feeling something similar to you. He didn't want to marry her. Maybe he had a new woman and just wanted out. I don't know. But I do think there was deception about who he was and his intentions. And it came to a head for him.

Ditto. IF he had a new “interest”, he simply weighed his options & decided someone’s got to go.
I think he is confident her body will never be found, as was SP. I also think he’ll remain silent, as did SP. play the victim. A man wrongly accused of murdering the love of his life. He’ll go to prison “innocent/wrongly convicted”, that’s how he’ll be known on the inside. Unlike CW, a “confessed” murderer.
Duplicitous relationships must cause stress. Factor in work, kids, rodeos, mom, falling cattle prices, etc., yup, I need eliminate something.
Jmo

Sorry, some of this is in an earlier post of mine. Having issues with WS site.

Several reporters' twitter accts. hinted about LE activity around
KB's area. Totally unrelated suicide.

It's not back, it's forward...keep reading on and you'll see the story.

Ok now I see. Thank you.

Unfortunately suicide is a common thing up there, you won't hear about unless you know someone that says something.
Sad.

Total speculation on my part but I wonder if the trip to Idaho was planned already by PF, maybe he wanted to take baby K with him and this lead to it all. KB may have refused to let her go and he lost it. I am so curious as to how much of baby K's stuff he took with him when he left with her that day or did he go back to the house later in the week for more things?
What trip to Idaho?

One of the articles I read referenced a murder where the husband murdered his wife because she laughed at him. There really is no way to understand that kind of behavior.
You're right, there is no way for "normal" people to understand that. People with a healthy sense of self do not lose control
when others laugh at him, but narcissists have a very fragile
sense of self. Outwardly they appear very self confident and grandiose but inside they're weak and break easily. Unbelievably
weak.

Her mother said they have never lived together. We know that she lived in another townhouse unit in her subdivision before buying her current home.
MOO
She lives in a string of town homes, on a kind of busy street, a block from our busy park. Lots of people walking by walking dogs, and kids walking to and from school on rampart range rd.

Honestly, the “news that was to be” uproar came from one tweet by a news reporter, which could have been for hype, and the admin of an unofficial Facebook group dangling a carrot. It really might have been nothing. You had people claiming to be locals saying there were tons of LE at KB’s house, and then someone drove by and no one was there at all. You had people listening to a scanner saying a coroner was called, which was for a totally unrelated case. LE was contacted by reporters and they said nothing was going on. And I believe that.
Yes, I ran to Mtn natural to get stuff for soup at 430 pm last night, didn't see anything at KB house or anywhere around

The problem is, what if that person enjoys torturing the family? Once they're dead, they can never talk. I'd hope that after years behind walls, they might change their mind about releasing the information, once they're gone if they don't tell the family might never get closure.

That's kinda my point. Would they rather die than reveal. I'm guessing not. Deep down most of them are cowards. What difference does it matter if they are dead if they didn't reveal in the face of DEATH? I doubt they would reveal it if you let them live.

One of the articles I read referenced a murder where the husband murdered his wife because she laughed at him. There really is no way to understand that kind of behavior.
That murder you’re referencing might be the one on the cruise ship where Kenneth Manzanares beat his wife to death in their cabin. He claimed that she wouldn’t stop laughing at him, but that was his side of the story. Others said they only heard fighting and yelling, no laughter.

Yes. And why wasn't a grown man willing to move out with his fiancée and child?
A term which I see used often in narcissistic pathology is
"Parasitic" where the subject uses others for his benefit.
IMO , PF was parasitic towards his mother, still living there,
probably her cooking for him, cleaning and washing for him
and no worries about making the rent payment, utilities,
groceries, etc. He may have tried the same w/ KB but she
balked and wanted him to carry his own weight. so he knew
it was a 'no go' with her. He had to find a single woman to
'suckle' off of. Use her money, her paycheck and let her worry
about making the bills. KB was not that person. Next.

The problem is, what if that person enjoys torturing the family? Once they're dead, they can never talk. I'd hope that after years behind walls, they might change their mind about releasing the information, once they're gone if they don't tell the family might never get closure.

The only motive for talking is a sentence with an end date.
Honestly, I THINK once they arrive at the big house, they set their crime aside, out of their mind. They adjust & begin a new life. We envision prison much differently than it actually is. Yes, it’s not fun, but compared to the number incarcerated, there’s few inside murders & stuff.
I bet at night they close their eyes and think “I wouldn’t be here if that ‘beech’ hadn’t made me kill her. I think that’s it. I do believe currently he’d like a “do over”.

Long time member, first time posting. Please let me know if I am not following rules correctly. There is one particular motion filed by the defense that is striking me as odd, IMO. And I can't get away from it. Motion filed 12/24. D-004.
NOTICE OF INVOCATION
OF ALL STATUTORY, CASE LAW, AND CONSTITUTIONAL PRIVILEGES

States in Section 2
Defendant requests that this Court specifically order that no member of the Office of the District Attorney, law enforcement, Department of Human Services, or any person or agency specified in Rule 16(I)(a)(3) of the Colorado Rules of Criminal Procedure or their respective agents attempt to obtain confidential information pertaining to Defendant. This includes records of treatment for drug and/or alcohol addiction and any confidential military records.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user..., Case law, and Constitutional Privileges.pdf

Any knowledge of PF being ex Military? And/or discharge status (honorable v dishonorable)
Could this be a common link between PF and KB, since she was a trainer for military pilots?
Opens up a world of other issues into PF's mental status, if so. PTSD, etc...
IMO. Not sure this avenue has been discussed before.

I'm feeling something similar to you. He didn't want to marry her. Maybe he had a new woman and just wanted out. I don't know. But I do think there was deception about who he was and his intentions. And it came to a head for him.
Did she buy a house? If so would it have went to him since she has a toddler daughter with him?

Long time member, first time posting. Please let me know if I am not following rules correctly. There is one particular motion filed by the defense that is striking me as odd, IMO. And I can't get away from it. Motion filed 12/24. D-004.
NOTICE OF INVOCATION
OF ALL STATUTORY, CASE LAW, AND CONSTITUTIONAL PRIVILEGES

States in Section 2
Defendant requests that this Court specifically order that no member of the Office of the District Attorney, law enforcement, Department of Human Services, or any person or agency specified in Rule 16(I)(a)(3) of the Colorado Rules of Criminal Procedure or their respective agents attempt to obtain confidential information pertaining to Defendant. This includes records of treatment for drug and/or alcohol addiction and any confidential military records.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/Teller/caseofinterest/2018CR330/001/D-004 Notice of Invocation of all Statutory, Case law, and Constitutional Privileges.pdf

Any knowledge of PF being ex Military? And/or discharge status (honorable v dishonorable)
Could this be a common link between PF and KB, since she was a trainer for military pilots?
Opens up a world of other issues into PF's mental status, if so. PTSD, etc...
IMO. Not sure this avenue has been discussed before.

Good catch! We have not discussed any of this I don't believe.
Drugs and or alcohol abuse would fit with his problems, IMO.
And until KB lived closer and dealt w him everyday, she may not
have noticed. People can hide substance abuse pretty easily if
you're not around them constantly.
Interesting that his lawyer wants 'military records' sealed. Guess
that tells us the records are not flattering. Again would fit with
PF being a disordered personality his whole adult life.
thanks for bring this to our attention.

A term which I see used often in narcissistic pathology is
"Parasitic" where the subject uses others for his benefit.
IMO , PF was parasitic towards his mother, still living there,
probably her cooking for him, cleaning and washing for him
and no worries about making the rent payment, utilities,
groceries, etc. He may have tried the same w/ KB but she
balked and wanted him to carry his own weight. so he knew
it was a 'no go' with her. He had to find a single woman to
'suckle' off of. Use her money, her paycheck and let her worry
about making the bills. KB was not that person. Next.

Good points. Also, rodeoing is not a cheap hobby. Hauling stock across country, vet fees, entry fees, etc.
Idk how often he participated in a rodeo, tho. My farrier is always at the local rodeos to pick up work. Someone’s horse has always thrown a shoe or something.

One thing I’d like to mention, farrier work is HARD. I can’t think of a tougher job. Every farrier I know has severe back issues by age 40ish. I’ve never known one to not have a hot temper, either. Most of us prefer to get our horses trimmed/shod first thing in the a.m. I’d not even have my friend/farrier do my horses towards evening. He’s had it by then, he’s been shoved, leaned on, kicked, stepped on, nipped at too many times already & is short fused. Alcoholism is prevalent in farrier’s, too, IMO.

I’ve never been to a rodeo that 80% of us ( including myself) were not consuming beer or some preferred libation. Trucks & trailers are well stocked bars on wheels.
This is all my experience. PF might have enjoyed dif’ experiences rodeoing.

Again, all MOO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads