CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #19 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have to say, perhaps KB& family bought that home as an investment. This is a great area to rent or resell a home. So it would be a smart move on anyone's part to
Buy it , without the intention of being there longterm.

So very true and since Charis Bible College has moved there the housing market is scrunched tight. Many of the students live in the Springs and make the commute because they can not find a place to live. It could be a real money maker.

Good catch! We have not discussed any of this I don't believe.
Drugs and or alcohol abuse would fit with his problems, IMO.
And until KB lived closer and dealt w him everyday, she may not
have noticed. People can hide substance abuse pretty easily if
you're not around them constantly.
Interesting that his lawyer wants 'military records' sealed. Guess
that tells us the records are not flattering. Again would fit with
PF being a disordered personality his whole adult life.
thanks for bring this to our attention.

In same document, Article 1, A states
a. All medical and psychiatric, including drug or alcohol treatment, privileges afforded to Defendant under the Colorado and United States Constitutions and Section 13-90-107 of the Colorado Revised Statutes as to all medical and/or psychiatric treatment Defendant has ever received.

BBM

Hmmmm.... I have read many people questioning KB's mental health, what about PF's mental health......
IMHO PF has some stuff in his past he does NOT want out.

Now, this leads me to ask, If no one is to know about this at all, can they not use that against him in a court of law? I would hope they would do a psych eval on this man.

Did she buy a house? If so would it have went to him since she has a toddler daughter with him?
Yes she owned her town home. Very doubtful it would go to him as they have never lived together so no common law. Just because they have a daughter together I can't imagine that would give him rights to something in her name. I would think it will eventually go to her parents. MOO

Long time member, first time posting. Please let me know if I am not following rules correctly. There is one particular motion filed by the defense that is striking me as odd, IMO. And I can't get away from it. Motion filed 12/24. D-004.
NOTICE OF INVOCATION
OF ALL STATUTORY, CASE LAW, AND CONSTITUTIONAL PRIVILEGES

States in Section 2
Defendant requests that this Court specifically order that no member of the Office of the District Attorney, law enforcement, Department of Human Services, or any person or agency specified in Rule 16(I)(a)(3) of the Colorado Rules of Criminal Procedure or their respective agents attempt to obtain confidential information pertaining to Defendant. This includes records of treatment for drug and/or alcohol addiction and any confidential military records.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/Teller/caseofinterest/2018CR330/001/D-004 Notice of Invocation of all Statutory, Case law, and Constitutional Privileges.pdf

Any knowledge of PF being ex Military? And/or discharge status (honorable v dishonorable)
Could this be a common link between PF and KB, since she was a trainer for military pilots?
Opens up a world of other issues into PF's mental status, if so. PTSD, etc...
IMO. Not sure this avenue has been discussed before.
BBM
Great catch, it does seems like he MAY HAVE had some form of substance abuse treatment at some point. I don't recall anyone mentioning military service, but again, we don't know anything much at all about PF's life. I wonder if he had a military connection noted on his FB profile?

ETA: Clarifying speculation

Last edited:
Did she buy a house? If so would it have went to him since she has a toddler daughter with him?

Not unless she specified that in a will. And if it's just gotten started on a mortgage just a few months ago, there's not much equity to pass along in any case, not to mention whether he would have had the ability to keep up the payments.

A term which I see used often in narcissistic pathology is
"Parasitic" where the subject uses others for his benefit.
IMO , PF was parasitic towards his mother, still living there,
probably her cooking for him, cleaning and washing for him
and no worries about making the rent payment, utilities,
groceries, etc. He may have tried the same w/ KB but she
balked and wanted him to carry his own weight. so he knew
it was a 'no go' with her. He had to find a single woman to
'suckle' off of. Use her money, her paycheck and let her worry
about making the bills. KB was not that person. Next.

Entitled too.

In same document, Article 1, A states
a. All medical and psychiatric, including drug or alcohol treatment, privileges afforded to Defendant under the Colorado and United States Constitutions and Section 13-90-107 of the Colorado Revised Statutes as to all medical and/or psychiatric treatment Defendant has ever received.

BBM

Hmmmm.... I have read many people questioning KB's mental health, what about PF's mental health......
IMHO PF has some stuff in his past he does NOT want out.

Now, this leads me to ask, If no one is to know about this at all, can they not use that against him in a court of law? I would hope they would do a psych eval on this man.
They will do a psych evaluation as much as they can but if he's
not talking or uncooperative not sure how accurate that would be.

Now I go back to the fellow HS student who when asked what
she recalled about PF, answered "Well, Patrick was Patrick."
So was he a nut case in HS but she wouldn't say?

BTW, Welcome to the forum and your first post is a great one!

The one where he got rid of the phone. Wondering if he planned to go the entire time, it wasn't to just get rid of her phone.
We don't know if he ever actually went to Idaho. I'm not sure if that's somewhere that he normally went, although Kelsey has family there. If anybody I would imagine it would be she that wanted to take the baby there.
I'm thinking LE has been able to find out if he actually took the phone there or he had someone else do it. Imo

Long time member, first time posting. Please let me know if I am not following rules correctly. There is one particular motion filed by the defense that is striking me as odd, IMO. And I can't get away from it. Motion filed 12/24. D-004.
NOTICE OF INVOCATION

States in Section 2
Defendant requests that this Court specifically order that no member of the Office of the District Attorney, law enforcement, Department of Human Services, or any person or agency specified in Rule 16(I)(a)(3) of the Colorado Rules of Criminal Procedure or their respective agents attempt to obtain confidential information pertaining to Defendant. This includes records of treatment for drug and/or alcohol addiction and any confidential military records.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/Teller/caseofinterest/2018CR330/001/D-004 Notice of Invocation of all Statutory, Case law, and Constitutional Privileges.pdf

Any knowledge of PF being ex Military? And/or discharge status (honorable v dishonorable)
Could this be a common link between PF and KB, since she was a trainer for military pilots?
That is all just standard boiler plate motion language. Don’t read anything into it.

BBM
Great catch, it does seems like he's had some form of substance abuse treatment at some point. I don't recall anyone mentioning military service, but again, we don't know anything much at all about PF's life. I wonder if he had a military connection noted on his FB profile?

Military background could VERY WELL explain his "say NOTHING" approach.

As to the exact nature of Kelsey's death, NBC LA (and probably others) indicate she was "likely killed at home". That means the police aren't sure she was killed at home. I think they are almost 100 % sure, but don't want to say so. How can the police know she was killed on Thanksgiving if they are not 100% sure she was killed at her home. The police chief said at the second press conference that "sadly, we do not believe Kelsey is alive". Putting the two statements together does not make any sense: "We do not think Kelsey is alive, but she was killed on Thanksgiving"

As to the exact nature of Kelsey's death, NBC LA (and probably others) indicate she was "likely killed at home". That means the police aren't sure she was killed at home. I think they are almost 100 % sure, but don't want to say so. How can the police know she was killed on Thanksgiving if they are not 100% sure she was killed at her home. The police chief said at the second press conference that "sadly, we do not believe Kelsey is alive". Putting the two statements together does not make any sense: "We do not think Kelsey is alive, but she was killed on Thanksgiving"

That’s prob the last date she was heard from.

MOO but it seems like when someone with a history of military service is in the press, that link is always mentioned.

I think it’s more likely that statute just covers a wide range of personal info.

And very well might exist for people to implement in case of any instances like this.. IMO.

That is all just standard boiler plate motion language. Don’t read anything into it.
Good to know and makes sense as far as medical/mental health records. Does HIPPA cover a defendant in a criminal case as well? One more lol, is it boilerplate to include military records or do you think PF was military? Thanks PW.

BBM
Great catch, it does seems like he's had some form of substance abuse treatment at some point. I don't recall anyone mentioning military service, but again, we don't know anything much at all about PF's life. I wonder if he had a military connection noted on his FB profile?

Where was it stated that PF has had some form of substance abuse treatment, I do not ever remember reading that?

They will do a psych evaluation as much as they can but if he's
not talking or uncooperative not sure how accurate that would be.

Now I go back to the fellow HS student who when asked what
she recalled about PF, answered "Well, Patrick was Patrick."
So was he a nut case in HS but she wouldn't say?

BTW, Welcome to the forum and your first post is a great one!

He can refuse to submit to a psych’ evaluation. A lot do. Lol, they don’t wish to be known as “crazy”. IMO

NOTICE OF INVOCATION

States in Section 2

Welcome to the posting side of WS! <modsnipped off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members