CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #19 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Patrick Frazee, accused of killing missing fiancee Kelsey Berreth, charged with 5 felony counts
A charging document says Frazee is accused of working to find someone to kill Berreth between September and November and causing her death on or about Thanksgiving.

Frazee has said the two met at that time to exchange their 1-year-old daughter.

No other details were provided and the document laying out the evidence against Frazee remains sealed.

"The reason why the affidavits are sealed at this point is because this is an ongoing criminal investigation," Teller County Senior Deputy District Attorney Jennifer Vemen said. "There are multiple leads that law enforcement needs to follow up on and it's extensive."

Really? I had the opposite impression from watching the 30 minute courtroom tape... IMO (especially at the very beginning, as he was looking towards the camera) he looked extremely ashamed/nervous/worried/trapped/etc.... his forehead was all wrinkled and knotted up as well..... the other point at which I noticed his demeanor look extremely worried was when the prosecutors were talking to the judge about the consumptive DNA tests they wanted to do ‘right away’.....
Well, yes, I see ... the very beginning he looked like you say. Then it changed a bit for the remainder. He has to be worried, right?

Really? I had the opposite impression from watching the 30 minute courtroom tape... IMO (especially at the very beginning, as he was looking towards the camera) he looked extremely ashamed/nervous/worried/trapped/etc.... his forehead was all wrinkled and knotted up as well..... the other point at which I noticed his demeanor look extremely worried was when the prosecutors were talking to the judge about the consumptive DNA tests they wanted to do ‘right away’.....

This is how I saw PF today too.. I wonder what the consumptive evidence is though?:confused:

Hmmm, seems that the Judge reviewed the findings and found it okay to hold PF w/o bond, even though she's annoyed at the possibility of prosecution not being open with defense on findings.

Means whatever they have is big?
I think they have a ton of evidence. I could barely hear the hearing.. so its hard to say but i heard her say something about cell phone.. did anyone hear anything.. ugh.. I think the judge said something about texts? Did anyone hear anything

I think the problem might be that PF has been charged with solicitation to commit murder. If evidence relates to testimony from a witness, the prosecution has good reason to worry that PF may attempt to have that witness murdered. Ultimately, PF will have access to all the evidence, full disclosure, but at this time full disclosure may result in endangering someone.

Since his calls are recorded, I wonder if he has even used the phone. I doubt it, personally.

Does anyone know if the black headphones SF was wearing during court today were something to help her hear? The cord looks thicker than personal headphones, so was wondering if it was something offered by the court. Here is a screenshot from the live video feed.

Attachments

• A9E1199D-2ED1-4B34-9012-CDE3ED4DD6D6.jpeg
    A9E1199D-2ED1-4B34-9012-CDE3ED4DD6D6.jpeg
    62.1 KB · Views: 96
Anyone wonder if video was involved during the killing? Could have been a surveillance camera or something similar. Maybe they have the proof but don’t know where he took her? Just thinking out loud. Not sure if it’s already been suggested.

If I were one of the solicitees and snitched on PF, I'd be updating
my passport and booking my trip to the other side of the planet.
Can't imagine the fear and constantly looking over your shoulder.

But PF is incarcerated. How’s he going to plan a murder of a witness w/o access to communication devices? His visits (if any) are monitored, calls recorded, etc. in this day & age people don’t even know someone’s ph number. Moo

I didn't see shame.....I saw embarrassment and trapped and just a tad worried only because he doesn't know what they know IMO. I always enjoy reading others opinions.

Patrick Frazee may have killed Kelsey Berreth during attempted robbery; multiple solicitation charges could mean additional people were involved in alleged murder
In a news conference following a hearing to present Patrick Frazee with formal charges in the murder case against Kelsey Berreth, who has been missing since Thanksgiving.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, Frazee was formally charged with five counts on Monday morning: Two counts of first-degree murder and three counts of solicitation of first-degree murder. Teller County District Attorney Dan May explained the multiple charges at a news conference following the hearing, pointing out that the two counts of first-degree murder were based on evidence supporting two theories; that Frazee premeditated the murder of his fiancee and mother of his 1-year-old daughter, and that Frazee killed Berreth during an attempted robbery, also premeditated.

Dvwjt6HV4AU-NVu.jpg

Dvwjt6IU8AETrPR.jpg

In response to reporter questions about the three separate solicitation charges, May said he could not publicly identify any individuals associated with those charges, but said they were not based on separate theories. May said the three charges were “self-evident,” insinuating but not explicitly stating that they may refer to more than one person Frazee allegedly solicited in a conspiracy to murder Berreth, who has not been seen since Thanksgiving Day. At minimum, the charges appear to reference three separate incidents of solicitation although the number of individuals involved is not clear.

Thanks. “individualS”. Plural

But what's scary, IME, sometimes these names leak out despite
efforts to keep them anonymous.

I guess it’s reasonable to assume a solicitee has already told people, there’d be no crime in doing so. I’m sure there’s rumors galore. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LDowden72