CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #19 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the phone was taken from her (or the purse, or both) and then she was killed, it would qualify. The robbery has to happen first only because you have to be aware you’re being robbed. Or else it’s just theft. What makes it robbery is that it’s taken from you or in your presence by force or threat. So I think it’s possible that he or they did that, then killed her. If this were the case, I imagine it would be someone telling them that’s the order it happened in.

As far as the solitication goes: I wouldn’t be surprised if he asked three different people, maybe rodeo folks he knows, and that’s where it comes from. Or it really might have been just three separate attempts. We’ll have to wait to see.
It also sounds as if there was more than just Patrick in the house when she arrived home from Safeway. And that the planning of this started back in September is just so sad.

If the phone was taken from her (or the purse, or both) and then she was killed, it would qualify. The robbery has to happen first only because you have to be aware you’re being robbed. Or else it’s just theft. What makes it robbery is that it’s taken from you or in your presence by force or threat. So I think it’s possible that he or they did that, then killed her. If this were the case, I imagine it would be someone telling them that’s the order it happened in.

As far as the solitication goes: I wouldn’t be surprised if he asked three different people, maybe rodeo folks he knows, and that’s where it comes from. Or it really might have been just three separate attempts. We’ll have to wait to see.
Tysm!
I’ve suggested some of his potentially transient rodeo friends, from day one. Someone on his horse circuit.
Someone he thought he could “rope” in to do his dirty work!

Yes, I've asked atty's similar questions and they don't really
want to know otherwise it makes their job of defending them
more difficult. Plus atty's fill in the blanks often during trial,
and sometimes their stories are believed and sometimes not.
Actually they ask all the questions they can because you never want to be in a position of not knowing the answer to a question.

But PF is incarcerated. How’s he going to plan a murder of a witness w/o access to communication devices? His visits (if any) are monitored, calls recorded, etc. in this day & age people don’t even know someone’s ph number. Moo

Do we know how many people were/are involved?

Thank you, Rio. Did you see this article?

Patrick Frazee may have killed Kelsey Berreth during attempted robbery; multiple solicitation charges could mean additional people were involved in alleged murder
In a news conference following a hearing to present Patrick Frazee with formal charges in the murder case against Kelsey Berreth, who has been missing since Thanksgiving.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, Frazee was formally charged with five counts on Monday morning: Two counts of first-degree murder and three counts of solicitation of first-degree murder. Teller County District Attorney Dan May explained the multiple charges at a news conference following the hearing, pointing out that the two counts of first-degree murder were based on evidence supporting two theories; that Frazee premeditated the murder of his fiancee and mother of his 1-year-old daughter, and that Frazee killed Berreth during an attempted robbery, also premeditated.

Dvwjt6HV4AU-NVu.jpg

Dvwjt6IU8AETrPR.jpg

In response to reporter questions about the three separate solicitation charges, May said he could not publicly identify any individuals associated with those charges, but said they were not based on separate theories. May said the three charges were “self-evident,” insinuating but not explicitly stating that they may refer to more than one person Frazee allegedly solicited in a conspiracy to murder Berreth, who has not been seen since Thanksgiving Day. At minimum, the charges appear to reference three separate incidents of solicitation although the number of individuals involved is not clear.

Reminds me of the Courtney Palmer murder In tulsa. He was a witness in an attempted murder and was scared. He disappeared and investigators had witnesses saying he was tortured and fed to hogs. LE charged 3 people with attempted murder until they could find the body. They had witnesses and a very bloody bathroom. Once they eventually found the body they upgraded the charges to 1st degree murder.
So this makes me think in this case, they have even more evidence of an actual murder because of the charges, otherwise it’d still be attempted charges.

Rio, can you clear this up, please?

If you are representing PF, would you ask him if he murdered K?
Or, if he confessed, can you still attempt to prove his innocence?

Tysm!

Thank you, Rio. Did you see this article?

Patrick Frazee may have killed Kelsey Berreth during attempted robbery; multiple solicitation charges could mean additional people were involved in alleged murder
In a news conference following a hearing to present Patrick Frazee with formal charges in the murder case against Kelsey Berreth, who has been missing since Thanksgiving.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, Frazee was formally charged with five counts on Monday morning: Two counts of first-degree murder and three counts of solicitation of first-degree murder. Teller County District Attorney Dan May explained the multiple charges at a news conference following the hearing, pointing out that the two counts of first-degree murder were based on evidence supporting two theories; that Frazee premeditated the murder of his fiancee and mother of his 1-year-old daughter, and that Frazee killed Berreth during an attempted robbery, also premeditated.

Dvwjt6HV4AU-NVu.jpg

Dvwjt6IU8AETrPR.jpg

In response to reporter questions about the three separate solicitation charges, May said he could not publicly identify any individuals associated with those charges, but said they were not based on separate theories. May said the three charges were “self-evident,” insinuating but not explicitly stating that they may refer to more than one person Frazee allegedly solicited in a conspiracy to murder Berreth, who has not been seen since Thanksgiving Day. At minimum, the charges appear to reference three separate incidents of solicitation although the number of individuals involved is not clear.
Given that those solicitations began on September 2, we can assume that something happened this fall that precipitated his desire to kill her, not be rid of her or to end the relationship, but to kill her.

Given that those solicitations began on September 2, we can assume that something happened this fall that precipitated his desire to kill her, not be rid of her or to end the relationship, but to kill her.

I think she either was pregnant and told him, or she found out something about him that he did not want known.

Rio, could they charge him with three separate charges of solicitation if he were only soliciting one person but meeting with that person on separate occasions?

I would think that if PF did the murder he would make it look like a robbery and have pulled out all the drawers and they would have discovered that right away in the first search for Kesey. Then again, maybe he did not want the police to get an intensive investigation right away and he would use the phone diversion in Idaho instead.

I thought the robbery was taking her purse/cell phone during the commission of the murder. Her brother indicated nothing else was missing. It's obvious they stole her phone (and used it) because it appeared after her death in ID. The two texts were for the sole purpose of subterfuge. Only one individual would profit from such a subterfuge, MOO.

His cell phone, I would imagine, would be a treasure trove of evidence. He obviously is not the sharpest knife in the drawer and didn't realize those texts from both of his phones were still out there, regardless of where his phones were and no matter how hard he tried to conceal what was said on them. Being stubborn (not talking, etc.) should not be mistaken for intelligence. MOO. He reminds me of the quiet, brooding type.

I do hope they find her body or enough evidence to clearly detail exactly what he did to her. Meanwhile, I hope her Mom and Dad gain full custody of little K.

Wow. Just wow. Not in my state. A lawyer can’t lie in court.
In a self defense or something, it would be different, of course.
The lawyer isn't on trial. In other words, it's unlikely he'd be called to the witness stand and I'd be completely shocked if Patrick ever gets put on the stand.

Just getting caught up... Holy moly. This case just keeps getting stranger by the day. Robbery now? I don't even know where to begin to speculate now, there's so many ways this could have gone down and if multiple ppl are involved. I wonder why they haven't made any additional arrests yet. Hopefully we'll have more answers soon and be able to piece all this together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katyb