CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope an attorney will weigh in here about CO child custody laws. In many states, an unmarried mother has full custody. The father has to go to court and establish parentage and a parenting plan but taking away full custody from a working mother who isn't unfit would be very, very difficult. JMO
Colorado is "best interest of the child standard" technically, but "fathers' rights activists" have tried to pass 50/50 legislation on a number of occasions, and as a result, most judges and lawyers default to 50/50. Most parents assume it is 50/50. So in cases where the parents get along, the parents work out what's best for the kids. In cases where there is conflict or abuse, dad will almost always go for the full 50% to minimize child support and stay in control of the family. No distinction is typically made whether the parents are married or unmarried. Sole custody is extremely rare unless one of the parents has been convicted of physical abuse or neglect of the kids.

Just out of curiosity, which states are you referring to where unmarried mothers typically get full custody?

ETA: I'm not an attorney--sorry!--but I am a social worker in the DV field.

Last edited:
Anyone find any pictures where she is wearing an engagement ring? I found the picture of her holding a cup of coffee with her left hand - no ring that I can see. It's in one of the Missing pictures - I will try to find the story that included it in MSM

If you look at the clerk and recorders office - it was a Deed of Trust that was recorded not a transfer of ownership. Which fits with the description of said LLC "Lending" that the parents own... IMO
Thanks for posting this. Been wondering why the misunderstanding since parent's WA business is clearly a registered Mortgage Company.

If he watched the baby during the day, when does he work as a farrier?

So does his mother step in as caretaker?

How often would a farrier work? A regular forty hour week?

Typically farriers work for themselves, they can go to private homes, boarding facilities or both.

Think of it like a private hairdresser, their hours vary based upon the amount of clients they have including driving to each location.

I definitely think it was planned out ahead of time, no matter who or what is responsible for KB's disappearance. There's no obvious crime scene, no real clues, and no sightings of KB (that I know of)...it seems too neat to have been a spur-of-the-moment thing or crime of opportunity. JMO.
I politely disagree. I think whoever is responsible had ample time considering she wasn’t declared missing until her mother raised the alarm 3 days later. A lot can be covered up in that amount of time. Imo.

I don't believe PF is on the birth certificate because the child has her mother's last name. The Chief mentioned the child by name at the press conference.

I had a child out of wedlock and choose to give him my last name while still listing the father on the birth certificate.

I do however think that is an indication she wasn’t intending on getting married. JMO

Do we know for certain that PF will not allow KB's mom to see the baby or is that a rumor that has sprouted wings?
KB's dad quoted by Today show citing Mom Cheryl has not been able to see child as of Tuesday. Also, PF seen taking daughter to lawyers office (rather than leave child with her grandmother Cheryl who reportedly traveled to Colorado).

Answering my own question...

What Does a Farrier Do?

Over 90 percent of farriers working today are self-employed. The profession offers a very flexible schedule, and some farriers choose to travel the racing or show circuits, providing their services as horses compete across the country. Some farriers also choose to only work part-time and run horse training, vanning or breeding operations in addition to their shoeing work.

A 2011 survey from the American Farriers Journal indicated that experienced full-time farriers pull in an average of $92,600 (an increase from $80,000 in 2008). Part-time and new farriers reported an average of $24,000. While compensation may vary widely based on geographic location and type of work, this field is well known in the equine industry for its very solid earning potential.

I am guessing he would be self-employed and would work whenever he felt like it. (Just speculating!)
Depends- hooved animals need care for their feet. This includes bovine and equine. He might be involved with both. I knew a person who would go out to a farm for 2-3 days at a time to do a herd of cattle then move on to the next farm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back