CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe PF is on the birth certificate because the child has her mother's last name. The Chief mentioned the child by name at the press conference.
My guess is that he is listed on the BC. It wouldn't be too unusual for a child of an unmarried couple to have the mother's last name. Its usually the mother that provides the information. If he is not on the BC, then I think family services would have already assumed custody of the child and instituted legal process to grant temporary custody to either the state or Kelsey's parents.

Do we know for certain that PF will not allow KB's mom to see the baby or is that a rumor that has sprouted wings?

All I heard is a news reporter say she has not seen the baby yet. Some are making that out as PF will not allow her to see the baby at all. That very well may be the case. But I would like to hear why she has not seen the baby yet before jumping to that conclusion. Hopefully Kelsey's parents will keep doing interviews to keep her name in the press. If they are not being allowed to see the baby, maybe public pressure will change that. JMO.

I don't believe PF is on the birth certificate because the child has her mother's last name. The Chief mentioned the child by name at the press conference.
Video shows missing mom, baby at store before she vanished
Frazee's attorney, Jeremy Loew, released a statement to ABC News on Wednesday, saying Frazee had been cooperating with law enforcement. He has voluntarily released his phone to be searched and has provided a DNA sample. "Mr. Frazee hopes and prays for Ms. Berreth’s return," Loew said. "Mr. Frazee will continue to cooperate with law enforcement and continue to parent the child he shares with Ms. Berreth. He will not speak to the media about this case, as he does not want to impede law enforcement's investigation."

Maybe that is why he submitted DNA - for paternity.

Patrick's attorney said Patrick is allowing the police to check his phone. The attorney didn't state that Patrick and his mom are allowing LE access to their trucks, horse trailers, and property. That isn't "cooperating fully with the investigation".

Colorado is "best interest of the child standard" technically, but "fathers' rights activists" have tried to pass 50/50 legislation on a number of occasions, and as a result, most judges and lawyers default to 50/50. Most parents assume it is 50/50. So in cases where the parents get along, the parents work out what's best for the kids. In cases where there is conflict or abuse, dad will almost always go for the full 50% to minimize child support and stay in control of the family. No distinction is typically made whether the parents are married or unmarried. Sole custody is extremely rare unless one of the parents has been convicted of physical abuse or neglect of the kids.

Just out of curiosity, which states are you referring to where unmarried mothers typically get full custody?

ETA: I'm not an attorney--sorry!--but I am a social worker in the DV field.
Illinois and Ohio are two that I am aware of because of family custody issues in those two states. I have no idea how CO views it because I'm not an attorney.

Illinois Child Custody Laws for Unmarried Parents - FindLaw

Child Custody Rights in Ohio - Mother's Rights vs Father's Rights

Video shows missing mom, baby at store before she vanished
Frazee's attorney, Jeremy Loew, released a statement to ABC News on Wednesday, saying Frazee had been cooperating with law enforcement. He has voluntarily released his phone to be searched and has provided a DNA sample. "Mr. Frazee hopes and prays for Ms. Berreth’s return," Loew said. "Mr. Frazee will continue to cooperate with law enforcement and continue to parent the child he shares with Ms. Berreth. He will not speak to the media about this case, as he does not want to impede law enforcement's investigation."

Maybe that is why he submitted DNA - for paternity.
If she dropped the baby at his house and something happened - whoever drove her car home (hopefully Safeway has cameras in the lot and can tell which car she drove) may have fingerprints/DNA on the steering wheel that is not hers? This would help rule him in or out IMO

Patrick's attorney said Patrick is allowing the police to check his phone. The attorney didn't state that Patrick and his mom are allowing LE access to their trucks, horse trailers, and property. That isn't "cooperating fully with the investigation".

Do we know if they've asked to search the property yet?

Have the police asked to search his property yet? At the press conference the officer said something like "we will have to look at that..." when asked if they were going to search Patrick's house. I thought it was an unusual response from LE. JMO.

I’ve shown horses most of my life. There has to be a high level of confidence to get out there and show or game which often times leads to an over inflated ego. The horse world is unique and I’ve met more than my fair share of cocky jerks whose false arrogance comes from the power and control they have over their horse. JMO

Edited to add: Equestrianism is most definitely a sport, horse and rider are both athletes so along with any other type of sport you’ll have your egomaniacs, clarifying for reference.

I had a child out of wedlock and choose to give him my last name while still listing the father on the birth certificate.

I do however think that is an indication she wasn’t intending on getting married. JMO

Her parents may have influenced that decision. PF didn't attend the press conference attended by KB's mother and he hasn't allowed her to see her grandchild. That's an indication to me that there may be some serious friction. JMO

I know we’re all concentrated on the fiancé as all of the info we have is strange, and so much of the time it lands that way. However, what if it was someone she worked with? That would explain contacting the employer to buy some time, would also throw off LE a bit if you’ve inserted yourself in that way. Obviously all speculation on my part, and not flushed out but something to consider.
This has been my theory all along. Coworker flew to Idaho

New video interview with her uncle and pastor. Posted on family facebook site.
Thanks for posting that. The men interviewed on camera were her uncle, a family friend, and pastor. Her dad was not in the video. There were quotes from her brother, but he was not on camera.

They mention her faith in the video, and I hope that confirms that at Monday's press conference Kelsey's mom said, "She loves her God," not her dog, not to jog. We've heard nothing about a dog or jogging, but we have heard about her religion, at least from the point of view of others about her.

jmo

Question about PF'S statements.
Didn't he say at one point that Kelsey dropped the baby to him? Then in another statement he said He went and picked the baby up?
Such a huge discrepency. As if the baby,and Kelsey can defy time,and space.

KB's dad quoted by Today show citing Mom Cheryl has not been able to see child as of Tuesday. Also, PF seen taking daughter to lawyers office (rather than leave child with her grandmother Cheryl who reportedly traveled to Colorado).

At the same time, he has displayed his daughter to the public, thus stifling those who may have questioned her welfare or status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214