CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

New video interview with her uncle and pastor. Posted on family facebook site.

We learn from that video:

Kelsey was born in Grant County, Washington
She was raised in Warden, Washington
Moved to Woodland Park, CO in 2016
Her parents are retired hay farmers and lived north of Warden until a few years ago when they moved to Sandpoint, Idaho

Her uncle (mom's brother) lives in Moses Lake, WA and he said:
Kelsey and her mom talked often
They were attached at the hips since she was little and they were best friends
Her mom knew her schedule and when to call her/when not to call because she was teaching classes
It was weird when she had not heard from Kelsey

Kelsey trained as a pilot at Big Ben Community College
Kelsey moved to Sandpoint, ID
Then she got the big career break she was looking for in Pueblo, CO
She got hired by Doss Aviation as a flight instructor

Before that, Kelsey spent most of her childhood attending Crestview in Moses Lake
Crestview school is tied to the local Seventh Day Adventist church which held a vigil for Kelsey

Last edited:
I hope an attorney will weigh in here about CO child custody laws. In many states, an unmarried mother has full custody. The father has to go to court and establish parentage and a parenting plan but taking away full custody from a working mother who isn't unfit would be very, very difficult. JMO

There is no such thing as "full custody."

Unmarried moms have parental rights but dads automatically do too if named on the birth certificate. But if the couple breaks up the dad would typically have to go to court to get custody orders.

CO is like CA - liberal when it comes to custody rights for parents. A dad would be entitled to joint legal custody and if he had the same capability of caring for the child - the same amount of hours on the job, for example -nothing would preclude him from substantial time with the child unless she was a newborn and breastfeeding.

Dads are considered equal to moms in CA and CO and if she was deemed unfit he could absolutely take custody.

This may have been ansered already, but, in the press conference LE stated that on the 25th the mother called PF. He called her back. He told her that she had texted him that day.
I thought that at first, but listen to the press conference again. The chief says Kelsey's mom called the fiance on Dec 2 and that's when he told the mom that he received a text from Kelsey on Nov 25. Kelsey's mom called the fiance and LE on the same day, Dec 2.

It's around the 2:11 mark on the video:

Dan markel was killed theoretically by his ex wives family putting a hit on him. The trial is forthcoming.

I wonder if there was anything similar to create an alibi. Step 1 secure the child, step 2 abduct KB, step 3 dispose of her and commit the fake texts and etc to throw off trail and try to match alibi.
Just find the person who was missing for at least 26 hours around the time of those texts or a pilot friend who borrowed a plane.

We learn from that video:

Kelsey was born in Grant County, Washington
She was raised in Warden, Washington
Moved to Woodland Park, CO in 2016
Her parents are retired Hay farmers and lived north of Warden until a few years ago when they moved to Sandpoint, Idaho

Her uncle (mom's brother) lives in Moses Lake, WA and he said:
Kelsey and her mom talked often
They were attached at the hips since she was little and they were best friends
Her mom knew her schedule and when to call her/when not to call because she was teaching classes
It was weird when she had not heard from Kelsey

Kelsey trained as a pilot at Big Ben Community College
Kelsey moved to Sandpoint, ID
Then she got the big career break she was looking for in Pueblo, CO
She got hired by Doss Aviation as a flight instructor

Before that, Kelsey spent most of her childhood attending Crestview in Moses Lake
Crestview school is tied to the local Seventh Day Adventist church which held a vigil for Kelsey

So where does Fowler, Kansas come into play? Why has it been stated that she graduated from high school there? Is that known to be a fact?

If any killer does another interview after seeing C.Watts throw himself in front of a train... they need to be slapped repeatedly (or just give up).

They mostly do. It's human nature for most innocent people to want to help. Guilty people know this so they don't want to avoid things like media interviews. Unless they have advice or LE in the family or are particularly smart and don't care what the public thinks.

Plus, murderers are often delusional about their intelligence and their ability to manipulate and fool people. So they think they can get away with it.

Just find the person who was missing for at least 26 hours around the time of those texts or a pilot friend who borrowed a plane.

Well depending on how planned out it was (in this theory) that person could have minimal connection back making it very very hard to figure,

Hi, new poster here, I've been a long time lurker of this site.

Seems to be some conflicting info about this case.... I was under the impression the fiance has the baby right now, but just read her family is taking care of her?? Also conflicting info about how the child was exchanged on Thanksgiving.. Did she drop the baby off at his house or did he pick her up at hers? If that was the last known interaction/sighting of KB why are they saying she was last seen at Safeway and not saying the last person to see her was her fiance when the baby was exchanged?

The cell phone pings in ID are confusing. Are they saying and do we know if the text messages from her phone on the 25th were actually sent from ID? Or was that just the last place her phone pinged a signal on the 25th? Does anyone know if there is any way possible to make a phone send a signal from a location other than where the phone is physically located? In other words, would it be at all possible for a phone that is in someone's possession in one state, to intentionally make it send a signal from another place 600 miles away as a way to make it appear the phone signaled from another location?

Question about PF'S statements.
Didn't he say at one point that Kelsey dropped the baby to him? Then in another statement he said He went and picked the baby up?
Such a huge discrepency. As if the baby,and Kelsey can defy time,and space.

He hasn't said anything that I have seen up until the statement release from his lawyer today. I have seen the press reporting things all over the place as far as the story. For a while the press was saying they exchanged the baby at Safeway. I think we should go with whatever was reported by LE during the press conference. JMO.

I would not expect someone to lawyer up if they're innocent. It's simply not how innocent people act. At least not at first.

I'm always surprised how many people advocate shutting down and not speaking to police if they're innocent. I'm an attorney and would absolutely not lawyer up unless I was guilty or unless it became clear they were trying to go after me.

And yes, legally it's the smart thing to do. But it's not human nature for innocent people to do that.

Couldn't agree more, Gitana. In similar cases, we've seen those who would be considered first in line as suspects offer themselves up to LE to be cleared to speed up the progress of the investigation. These individuals haven't waited to be asked, and did not have to be pressured, but came forward, willingly, doing whatever was within their power to help (not hinder) the efforts of LE.

I call BS. We all knew about the press conference a day ahead of time. Do you mean to tell me that PF's fiance' is missing and he's not even watching the news? Pfft...:confused:
MOO
The release that there would be a press conference that came out on the day before did not include a time and location. That time and location was announced 1 hour before the press conference began. You can find that on the Woodland Park Police Department FB page if you go through the announcements related to the case.

P

Perhaps he didn’t know she was missing!
(Don’t kick me out of WS.)
No kicking out! At this point, it is GOOD to think of more than one option, even if only to discuss and dismiss. We might all settle on one theory eventually, but I'd like to see all ideas at least considered without fear of being kicked.

jmo

I would not expect someone to lawyer up if they're innocent. It's simply not how innocent people act. At least not at first.

I'm always surprised how many people advocate shutting down and not speaking to police if they're innocent. I'm an attorney and would absolutely not lawyer up unless I was guilty or unless it became clear they were trying to go after me.

And yes, legally it's the smart thing to do. But it's not human nature for innocent people to do that.

Sorry for the lack of clarity, I didn’t mean shutting down and not speaking to police. I meant more along the lines of what I tell my husband - “if anything ever happens to me, help the police up until they start to insinuate blame. Then retain a lawyer.”

ETA that I would expect the questions were getting tougher the longer she’s been missing so it doesn’t seem strange to me that hed have one now? Maybe it’s too soon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member